Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

On the subject of football, We (Rawlins College) are in the 5th Round of the English Schools Cup (Last 64) and we're away at Repton in Derbyshire. Quality banter and we're all in shirts and ties. Oh and their school beat United Academy and Shrewsburys!!

That's good going.

I had the mits on today and made one awful howler. A couple of other mistakes but generally was ok I thought.

We can't buy a win at the moment sadly, despite playing very well at times. Can see the second half of the season being a lot brighter for us as we have too much talent to not get a few results. Maybe a bit of luck needs to go our way at some point.

Happy with todays performance though, unlucky not to get a result.

I thought you were ace Cobs, really proud of you today :thumbup:

Got done 5-1 , pissed off with events through the whole club . Considering a few weeks off

Sorry to hear that Sparky, we could use someone like you at Fosse.

Looking forward to the Parva game, should be a cracker. By the way, I thought ma bro JME was great today, a proper credit to Fosse.

Big game this wednesday, shepshed v coalville under 18s for me :) thats if its on...

Also just signed unibond forms to play for shepshed dynamo mens :) mayb getting a game against quorn in the president cup on tuesday night :) cant wait, good game to make my debut if i do :)

The team i have been playin for on a saturday has won 9 on the trott :) and starting to play on sundays when i can for shepshed town, formally known as pied bull i think :S

Are they in same league as sileby wilkes or anyone that knows ?

Cardif fox did Gaunt win?

Yesh as you probably know now. 5-2 win...I'm not so confident they'll win the league after the past few weeks.

On the subject of football, We (Rawlins College) are in the 5th Round of the English Schools Cup (Last 64) and we're away at Repton in Derbyshire. Quality banter and we're all in shirts and ties. Oh and their school beat United Academy and Shrewsburys!!

We got to Last 32 and I managed to make two feck-ups in goal during extra-time against Grimsby College to send us out. We went away to Northampton College and they had some cracking players with a number of lads on the books of Rushden. We didn't turn up in any shirts or ties and thanks to some idiot, I had to play in a tracky top in goal. Cliff the manager did manage to get a coach on though - which spent the whole budget for the rest of the season and was simply just the players. Public bus or if you were lucky a lift with someone who could drive for the rest of the season. I was an extremely late call-up and had to be dragged out of lesson. We lost 5-2 and had a superb day but one of their subs mentioned they had too many over-age players and he was peed off cos he couldn't get in because of it. A complaint later to the FA and off to the last 32 we were. I think that was after just 2 wins and a bye. :whistle:

Enjoy the occasion, it's a cracking feeling when you get them stages. We had a lot of Somali lads - a culture shock for them. As I'm sure it was for Grimsby turning up at our pitch, we tried to get the game moved to avoid any trouble and have a decent pitch.

Made my debut today. Awful performance. Away at New Parks. Game never should have been played, it was like a fooking ice rink. Played 15 minutes in the first half, when the lino went Awol. That was entertaining. Lost 10-1 in the end :(

Going off the team you play for and the opposition, I bet it was a bit tasty for your debut.

Well played Repton from Derbyshire, boarding school and they have played 22 games this school year including Manchester United Development squad. We lost 5-1 but coming from the last 64 in the School is some achievement and something I'll tell the grandkids I'm sure. I've got another year left at school next year so we'll be wanting to go 1 better. Never mind.

Well played Repton from Derbyshire, boarding school and they have played 22 games this school year including Manchester United Development squad. We lost 5-1 but coming from the last 64 in the School is some achievement and something I'll tell the grandkids I'm sure. I've got another year left at school next year so we'll be wanting to go 1 better. Never mind.

well done mate unlucy tho :thumbup:

Going off the team you play for and the opposition, I bet it was a bit tasty for your debut.

Certainly was a baptism of fire. You certainly don't expect drunken thugs at 10 in the morning waving bottles about and unleashing there dogs onto the pitch. Ah well, it was an experience. Should be interesting when we host them this Sunday.

Certainly was a baptism of fire. You certainly don't expect drunken thugs at 10 in the morning waving bottles about and unleashing there dogs onto the pitch. Ah well, it was an experience. Should be interesting when we host them this Sunday.

When my Dad used to play for the Scrappy Valley WMC, he said the crowds they get for the first half were bordering on a couple of hundred - generally p**s merchants - as soon as it hit 11.30am, they'd all run in the pub.

Playing on Aylestone Rec and the pitch opposite New Parks Swimming Baths is the same. All run across the Midland and Good Neighbours at Half-Time.

When my Dad used to play for the Scrappy Valley WMC, he said the crowds they get for the first half were bordering on a couple of hundred - generally p**s merchants - as soon as it hit 11.30am, they'd all run in the pub.

Playing on Aylestone Rec and the pitch opposite New Parks Swimming Baths is the same. All run across the Midland and Good Neighbours at Half-Time.

Played under these conditions many times , away at New Parks opposite the Neighbours was the worst id ever played in . Just have to learn not to be intimerdated

Adding to this. I did what Man Utd couldn't and that is SCORE!

I expect a call off Sir Alex this week.

They seemed more interested in running on the pitch, and attempting to force feed our left back vodka.

Anybody played Galaxy All Stars this season? Just wondered what they were like or even where they play as weve got them in the County Cup this weekend. :thumbup:

Lost 4-0 to them in county cup final 2005 then beat them 2-1 in the county cup last season . They like to play it around but well beatable

Archived