Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Potential Managers

So why on earth are you saying that you would accept Paul Ince as our next manager??????

Or someone like Roy Keane....

Because I'd back my judgement of people's personalities and potential.

Pearce might wear his emotions on his sleeve but Keane strikes me as clever ... cold, calculating and utterly goal orientated.

I mentioned I'd like Pearce in the trenches. He'd be good for morale, he'd be an example to admire. But we'd get killed. With Keane you'd always have a chance. Keane would fight with his mind and he'd fight dirty if necessary.

And Ince - apart from his personal skills, his extraordinary achievements so far at Macclesfield, his contacts and his wonderful schooling at United, has an additional and important flag to fly.

He wants to make his mark on behalf of black managers and will bne driven to ensure he doesn't fail.

At the beginning, it would be refreshing, a couple of beers in and the confidence will be brewing but a few pints of barbar and the team like me would be slurring, falling over and talking (playing) shite!!! :D

The team would first be trained to cope with the Barbar's - and after that they could cope with anything.

They'd have no inhibitions, no doubts about their ability and would feel like they could run through a barn door without giving a shit.

There'd even be free Baabaa's for anyone who scores. Even the referee might knock one in for us if he hear's that! Sure thing we'd have some fun! :D:D:D

The team would first be trained to cope with the Barbaa's - and after that they could cope with anything.

They'd have no inhibitions, no doubts about their ability and would feel like they could run through a barn door without giving a shit.

There'd even be free Baabaa's for anyone who scores. Even the referee might knock one in for us if he hear's that! Sure thing we'd have some fun! :D:D:D

Excellent, if I was MM, you'd be hired, only one the condition that you add some dancing girls into the equation and get rid of that 'Filbert Fox', or fire him out of a cannon every game!!!! :D:thumbup:

Well realistically, I think Man City won't accept many more loses with Stuart Pearce as the fans have really turned on him. He applyed for our managers vacancy before he became Man City boss. I think he could do a job here if he became available. I admit Curbs wont be going anywhere, well at least until the new season is underway if he's still underachieving! Pardew will be safe even if Charlton drop i would have thought. So I guess it would just be Pearce in the short-term and even that is a big IF??

So why could he do a job here yet not at Man City?

He's failed in the Prem and if we all crave premiership football why would we want him at the walkers?

He will have far less resources then he did at Man City, he's a Championship manager at best.

Excellent, if I was MM, you'd be hired, only one the condition that you add some dancing girls into the equation and get rid of that 'Filbert Fox', or fire him out of a cannon every game!!!! :D:thumbup:

Dancing girls would arrive on day one. :thumbup:

But his spell in England was... well, you know... absolute cockrot. :whistle:

Similar to Le Guen at Rangers - good track record in France, but unable to adjust to a British style of football.

To be fair, Le Guen's problem was being unable to adjust to egotistical pissheads as much as the style of football. Stuart Pearce may just be a higher profile version of Rob Kelly with a bit of extra personality, but he does strike me as someone who does want to improve himself, so if he did get sacked and end up here, I'm sure he'd have learned from his mistakes at Man City.

To be fair, Le Guen's problem was being unable to adjust to egotistical pissheads as much as the style of football. Stuart Pearce may just be a higher profile version of Rob Kelly with a bit of extra personality, but he does strike me as someone who does want to improve himself, so if he did get sacked and end up here, I'm sure he'd have learned from his mistakes at Man City.

I agree that Stuart Pearce is a higher profile RK, just looked at the goals scored columns for us and Man City. Both teams have had obvious scoring problems but up the other end seem reasonably solid. I would possibly steer clear but then again different club, different players, different situation.

Their strikers have got the same problems as ours. Corradi and Samaras (Fryatt and Horsfield) have no pace while Vassell (Hammond) only has pace. I struggle to find a Hume but then a lot of our fans have likened him to Dickov.

I'd be wary of taking on any manager who hasn't demonstrated that he is capable of getting his players to gel together as a team. I want to see a commitment to attack and a gameplan to live up to this commitment.

I think Gary Johnson would be my pick at the moment to be honest.

What's the common view about Mike Newell returning to City as Manager - either now or in the summer ? I for one think he did a fair job at Luton (and they're only where they are because of the Luton Board forcing him to sell his best players), has good coaching skills (though not good 'anger management' !), is a good 'tactician' and skilled at team selection (given the limitations of a Luton - and Hartlepool - team !) and seems to have MON's man management, development & motivational abilities (in fact, I think he's a very similar manager) and would be good for us - and certainly would be a far better future option than RK. OK, he made the wrong decision turning us down last year, but we're all entitled to one mistake (and I bet he's regretting that now !).

One interesting statistic - he joined us in the summer of 1987, a few weeks after Rob Kelly left - do you think exactly 20 years later, that history would be repeated ?!

So why could he do a job here yet not at Man City?

He's failed in the Prem and if we all crave premiership football why would we want him at the walkers?

He will have far less resources then he did at Man City, he's a Championship manager at best.

I believe you and myself both wanted Pearce as England manager not that long ago! lol

Or someone like Roy Keane....

Because I'd back my judgement of people's personalities and potential.

Pearce might wear his emotions on his sleeve but Keane strikes me as clever ... cold, calculating and utterly goal orientated.

I mentioned I'd like Pearce in the trenches. He'd be good for morale, he'd be an example to admire. But we'd get killed. With Keane you'd always have a chance. Keane would fight with his mind and he'd fight dirty if necessary.

And Ince - apart from his personal skills, his extraordinary achievements so far at Macclesfield, his contacts and his wonderful schooling at United, has an additional and important flag to fly.

He wants to make his mark on behalf of black managers and will bne driven to ensure he doesn't fail.

Forget the black manager issue as thats got fook all to do with anything. He is going on about black managers because he somehow wants to fast track his personal career.

As for calling Inces achievment at Macclesfield as "extraordinary", I think you are over exagerating a touch dont you??!! Yes the initial results he got out of his team were quality but manking a knee-jerk reaction on his managerial abilities because of this is idiotic. Any new manager can motivate there team to initial success, just ask Rovert Kelly if thats possible but a manager should be judged on continued success and assessing Ince as worthy of managing this huge club is an insult. He was a big headed player who thought he was better than he is an at this stage is an unproven manager. Three wins in the last 12 at Macca and only 2 points away from relegation is proving that he is no miracle worker.

Forget the black manager issue as thats got fook all to do with anything. He is going on about black managers because he somehow wants to fast track his personal career.

As for calling Inces achievment at Macclesfield as "extraordinary", I think you are over exagerating a touch dont you??!! Yes the initial results he got out of his team were quality but manking a knee-jerk reaction on his managerial abilities because of this is idiotic. Any new manager can motivate there team to initial success, just ask Rovert Kelly if thats possible but a manager should be judged on continued success and assessing Ince as worthy of managing this huge club is an insult. He was a big headed player who thought he was better than he is an at this stage is an unproven manager. Three wins in the last 12 at Macca and only 2 points away from relegation is proving that he is no miracle worker.

That Ince managed to lift Macclesfield out of bottom place was an achievement and taking them out of the relegation places was, to my mind, remarkable.

I don't recall calling Ince a miracle worker - it seems a popular sport to take people I recommend and make out I've suggested they are world beaters in some way when I've never done anything of the sort.

What I think is that he has the background to make a good manager, the playing ability, inspirational qualities, experience of the best coaching, terrific contacts, experience of football at the highest level, is young, reasonably articulate and has shown some ability as a manager at Macclesfield.

Kelly may yet survive but he has very few of those attributes to any great degree.

His being big headed doesn't bother me at all. Louis Van Gaal might be an arrogant so-and-so but he's sure produced the teams to at least back that arrogance. Besides most quality players believe in themselves but simply have different ways of showing it.

The problem I have with suggesting any manager is that people you might best like are probably not available so you have to consider secondary alternatives and Ince is one who just might be able to elevate himself above secondary level which I seriously doubt Pearce, Grayson, Robson, Adams and some others will ever do.

Newell's a big risk, Hoddle has yet to convince me so, people like Vialli, Zola, Mancini are unlikely to fancy coming here, Tilson would be considered more of a gamble than Ince to many, so if Kelly/Mandaric won't work who do you say carries the Holy Grail if you insist Ince is so ridiculous?

Cos I'm looking for an improvement on what we've got - flair, charisma, attacking ideas, not someone who's going to produce another version of the same dogma.

That Ince managed to lift Macclesfield out of bottom place was an achievement and taking them out of the relegation places was, to my mind, remarkable.

I don't recall calling Ince a miracle worker - it seems a popular sport to take people I recommend and make out I've suggested they are world beaters in some way when I've never done anything of the sort.

What I think is that he has the background to make a good manager, the playing ability, inspirational qualities, experience of the best coaching, terrific contacts, experience of football at the highest level, is young, reasonably articulate and has shown some ability as a manager at Macclesfield.

Kelly may yet survive but he has very few of those attributes to any great degree.

His being big headed doesn't bother me at all. Louis Van Gaal might be an arrogant so-and-so but he's sure produced the teams to at least back that arrogance. Besides most quality players believe in themselves but simply have different ways of showing it.

The problem I have with suggesting any manager is that people you might best like are probably not available so you have to consider secondary alternatives and Ince is one who just might be able to elevate himself above secondary level which I seriously doubt Pearce, Grayson, Robson, Adams and some others will ever do.

Newell's a big risk, Hoddle has yet to convince me so, people like Vialli, Zola, Mancini are unlikely to fancy coming here, Tilson would be considered more of a gamble than Ince to many, so if Kelly/Mandaric won't work who do you say carries the Holy Grail if you insist Ince is so ridiculous?

Cos I'm looking for an improvement on what we've got - flair, charisma, attacking ideas, not someone who's going to produce another version of the same dogma.

You called his achievement at Macclesfield "extraordinary" which as I said was OTT and unjustified.

My selections for Leicester manager are not that far out of reach. If Keegan can go to a side who I think were in D1 (Fulham), then he should eb able to be persuaded back to the championship if he wanted to return to football management. Its his type of club, passionate, well supported and a few pounds to spend. He loves to reserect clubs so why is it that far fetched to think he would come to us? Also, why would it be far fetched to think that my second choice, Glenn Hoddle would be out of reach? His last job saw him sacked at another Championship club no bigger than ours didnt it??

As for Pearce, whilst I agree that he hasnt achieved anything, he would be above Ince in any list as he at least has had the experience at managing at the top level. He hasnt had it all his own way selling his better players also so maybe he would be hardened and may impress at his next job. Newell would be a good choice had he not turned us down twice already. He has proved to have done a good job at this level with limited resources and if his money grabbing board hadnt sold almost £10m in players and giving him no money to buy replacements, they would be in a better position than they are now.

I believe that some people learn from their mistakes - he's one of those people. In order to get better you cock up, step down and move on.

He's been working with Redknapp which can only improve him. Saying that, I'd be reluctant to take him on until he shows he can hack it elsewhere.

Archived