Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke 4-2 Leicester Post Match Reaction

Is Thracian happy with Elvis Hammond?

I didn't go to the game but from what Tags said it wasn't Hammond and Hume who were the problem. When they got any sort of supply they posed some problems for the big Stoke defence, so he said.

But, whatever, Hammond scored. It doesn't matter that it was a mishit tap in or a screamer. That is his sixth goal - exactly twice as many as Fryatt - it was one goal more than any of our other forwards scored today and meant he's probably been inolved with 11/12 of our goals this season.

No, not wonderful, but a worthwhile contribution that is only matched by Hume.

Furthermore our scoring of two goals away from home should have been plenty to secure us at least a point today but it wasn't because we did a demolition job on our defence when only a simple but tidy repair was needed.

This isn't being wise after the event. I mentioned it last time he was forced to make a defensive change. He did exactly the sort of thing he did today and it didn't work then emphasising a familiar point about Kelly that he just doesn't seem to learn from his experiences.

I haven't read any comments on this thread. I don't want to. I want to get across my own feeling of disgust. The 'team' that was out there this afternoon was a disgrace. No passion, no commitment, and no frigging clue. Do any of them realise that the season is not over? If any of them are harbouring thoughts of a way out of the club, who the frigging hell so they think is going to buy them after the last three or four weeks?

Why I am wasting my time and money following them is beyond me. Today I really wish I hadn't gone. I am seriously considering not bothering. If it wasn't for my season ticket, and the fact my ticket and hotel for Plymouth's all booked, I wouldn't bother, because not one of those useless tossers contracted to the club gives a flying FCUK.

I haven't read any comments on this thread. I don't want to. I want to get across my own feeling of disgust. The 'team' that was out there this afternoon was a disgrace. No passion, no commitment, and no frigging clue. Do any of them realise that the season is not over? If any of them are harbouring thoughts of a way out of the club, who the frigging hell so they think is going to buy them after the last three or four weeks?

Why I am wasting my time and money following them is beyond me. Today I really wish I hadn't gone. I am seriously considering not bothering. If it wasn't for my season ticket, and the fact my ticket and hotel for Plymouth's all booked, I wouldn't bother, because not one of those useless tossers contracted to the club gives a flying FCUK.

Wasn't good then Lisa :whistle:

I'm glad Thracian persuaded me not to go!

I didn't go to the game but from what Tags said it wasn't Hammond and Hume who were the problem. When they got any sort of supply they posed some problems for the big Stoke defence, so he said.

But, whatever, Hammond scored. It doesn't matter that it was a mishit tap in or a screamer. That is his sixth goal - exactly twice as many as Fryatt - it was one goal more than any of our other forwards scored today and meant he's probably been inolved with 11/12 of our goals this season.

No, not wonderful, but a worthwhile contribution that is only matched by Hume.

Furthermore our scoring of two goals away from home should have been plenty to secure us at least a point today but it wasn't because we did a demolition job on our defence when only a simple but tidy repair was needed.

This isn't being wise after the event. I mentioned it last time he was forced to make a defensive change. He did exactly the sort of thing he did today and it didn't work then emphasising a familiar point about Kelly that he just doesn't seem to learn from his experiences.

Ah, and fair play to good old Elvis.

However he's never going to be good enough to play in a top table Championship side so I don't know why you keep defending him.

Spot on.

The only one who looked like he cared was Tiatto but he was no better than most. We are in a dog fight and some of those useless retards want to start earning their money. The goals we conceded were down to individual errors not fooking tactics.

Don't be fooled by Hume and Hammond up front either because they do nothing but run around like headless fooking chicken. Hume's second touch is all too often a sliding tackle and Hammond needs a fooking sat nav to guide him round the pitch he's that lost.

The midfield is non existent for most of the game and our substitutes offer nothing different or better than the shit they replace.

Another few hundred miles clocked up, another few quid spent and do that set of tossers care? Do they fook.

When it gets to the summer Milan should consider paying up some contracts.

Get Lawrie Sanchez in. He can produce a team from little or no resources and get them to play in front of 14,000 at home and believe me thats all we'll get in League One.

Ah, and fair play to good old Elvis.

However he's never going to be good enough to play in a top table Championship side so I don't know why you keep defending him.

Because I'm not sure more than two or three players at the club are good enough for a top of the Championship team and I don't like the constant slagging Hammond gets despite his considerable contribution to what is a consistently disappointing team.

Hmmm... So many miles away, yet I still give in to my masochist side week in, week out and listen to a bloody Derby fan called Jon Barber commenting on a Leicester City match. The man shows traces of excitement, but only when the opposition scores.

It's become a "Dinner For One" re-enactment by now, and that even on a much more regular basis. The same procedure as every seven days.

This whole organisation (aka football club) is filled with crap, top to bottom. Seems to me that everyone is sabotaging everyone else, with the fans being left helpless, as they are the weakest link. Rob Kelly resembles a robot with a irreversible damage to his hard drive, coming real close to a fooked-up update of the previous virus Craig Levein. Whomever decision it was to hire two incompetent coaches in succession, he made a fooking great move in ruining the long-term concept of an otherwise promising franchise. Thank you so much.

The players give a darn about football, and team-work sounds French to them. You could argue that the constant re-shuffling of the starting eleven is actually the manager's fault, but then again, I always thought players had a brain to work with and were able to adapt to new surroundings, even if it is only a few metres away from their previous position. The biggest part of those overpaid, spoilt and lazy creatures are already thinking offseason. Our players have never shown us their real potential (if they ever had any) and to be honest, they frankly give a damn. What they're hoping for is that they can leave this club as soon as possible - like leaving a sinking ship. They know that they won't play a role in Mandy's plans for 2007/08.

In the end, I can be as pissed off as I want to be. But I still know that all the faithful local supporters that are actually watching "Missing In Action, Parts 1 to 46" live on a regular basis must be close to committing suicide by now.

The managerial staff, the club responsibles, that Barber twat, the manager and the players should be ashamed of themselves for delivering such disastrous performances. But what upsets me most is that they're still trying to cover it up with shallow post-match comments (When's the last time you actually heard a player blaming himself for the downfall?).

Watch out - we'll get relegated with such an attitude. I thought Leeds wouldn't make the cut, but with the current tendencies, it's roles reversed.

6 games to go

down

Because I'm not sure more than two or three players at the club are good enough for a top of the Championship team and I don't like the constant slagging Hammond gets despite his considerable contribution to what is a consistently disappointing team.

6 goals is still not good enough, and the sad thing is, this is the best season of his career and it's still sub par. He needs to go, don't get me wrong he's not the only one.

Spot on.

The only one who looked like he cared was Tiatto but he was no better than most. We are in a dog fight and some of those useless retards want to start earning their money. The goals we conceded were down to individual errors not fooking tactics.

Don't be fooled by Hume and Hammond up front either because they do nothing but run around like headless fooking chicken. Hume's second touch is all too often a sliding tackle and Hammond needs a fooking sat nav to guide him round the pitch he's that lost.

The midfield is non existent for most of the game and our substitutes offer nothing different or better than the shit they replace.

Another few hundred miles clocked up, another few quid spent and do that set of tossers care? Do they fook.

When it gets to the summer Milan should consider paying up some contracts.

Get Lawrie Sanchez in. He can produce a team from little or no resources and get them to play in front of 14,000 at home and believe me thats all we'll get in League One.

It's really sad when it comes to posts like this. I don't mean that in a bad way at all - this is spot on obviously. What I mean is - I've been to a fair few games this season and had a fantastic time at places like Southend, Palace, Fulham and Colchester despite the fact we didn't win a single one of those games - but you can tell from posts like this and Lisa's - coming from people who are far more committed to following the team than myself - that the players have lost even the most basic rapport with the fans.

Mandaric may spout on about the passion of the support but this season it's been drained away almost completely. We're trying but there's just not a lot left to give.

You may feel like idiots for turning up every week up and down the country regardless of how bad we are but for what tiny amount it's worth, I have untold respect for you both and can only imagine how annoying it must be to read the uneducated opinions of some people (myself included) who don't go to every game and will still criticise at every setback like we know it all.

(Pick me on the right wing, boss.)

It's really sad when it comes to posts like this. I don't mean that in a bad way at all - this is spot on obviously. What I mean is - I've been to a fair few games this season and had a fantastic time at places like Southend, Palace, Fulham and Colchester despite the fact we didn't win a single one of those games - but you can tell from posts like this and Lisa's - coming from people who are far more committed to following the team than myself - that the players have lost even the most basic rapport with the fans.

Mandaric may spout on about the passion of the support but this season it's been drained away almost completely. We're trying but there's just not a lot left to give.

You may feel like idiots for turning up every week up and down the country regardless of how bad we are but for what tiny amount it's worth, I have untold respect for you both and can only imagine how annoying it must be to read the uneducated opinions of some people (myself included) who don't go to every game and will still criticise at every setback like we know it all.

(Pick me on the right wing, boss.)

Erm, yeah exactly, thanks. I've never been to a Leicester game :blink: and I always try and look at the positives instead of criticise everyone.

But on Friday i'll be watching a Leicester game for the first time since August - I might not be at the game but maybe then I can try to understand how bad people like JoeB (no offence Joe, your name just springs to mind) make us out to be.

I'm with you too on this one Thracian. I don't think Elvis deserves all the stick he gets. Yes he's not a great player by any means but he's not that bad and not the worst player we have in the team.

Even if he puts in a half decent performance which I thought he did today he still gets slagged off.

There are other players in the team who need criticising more than Elvis.

I'm starting to think missing the Derby game is a blessing in disguise now. :(

Well it will be interesting to see how MM's 3 year plan for the premiership works if it's gonna start from league 1...and if old mother Kelly is not shown the door in the next few days it could well do because I've just looked at the remaining fixtures and after today's dire performance I can't see where any more points are coming from! :blink:

If Rob Kelly was to read any message from the fans I dearly hope he reads this one.....you have said it all Lisa

Archived