Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Chan-rant

Word on the street is that AS Roma threw the game. At this point can't confirm why but my source, an Italian sports journalist, is normally reliable.

More when I have it...

Yeah they would throw a game by losing 7-1 rather than by just one or two goals. Good way to not arouse suspicion.

Fool.

Yeah they would throw a game by losing 7-1 rather than by just one or two goals. Good way to not arouse suspicion.

Fool.

Yeah, like Pakistan losing to Ireland in the CWC by scoring the lowest all out total in the competition and that didn't arouse any suspicion at al did it Babylon?

Twat.

Yeah, like Pakistan losing to Ireland in the CWC by scoring the lowest all out total in the competition and that didn't arouse any suspicion at al did it Babylon?

Twat.

What the fook has that got to do with Roma Man U, you fecking gimp. Why don't you crawl back under your little rock.

Yeah it did arouse suspicion with that total, exactly why people think they threw the match... which is exactly why losing by 7-1 is a stupid way to throw a game should you wish to do it. BUT... you cannot compare cricket fixes to football fixes as it's a completely different kettle of fish.

No more news as yet but some points worth bearing in mind:

Roma put out Lyon (many pundits' favourite as Champions League winners) without conceding a goal.

Roma have the second best defensive away record in Serie A and are currently in second place.

It is rare for Italian teams to go on the offensive away from home in European competition. It is unheard of for Italian teams playing away to attack with a high line when they already have an aggregate lead (ever heard of catenaccio, Babylon?).

And finally, was it only me who noticed that one of the tournaments' most vocal sides seemd to take each one of their seven indignities lying down (just like Saudi Arabia against Germany in the World Cup in 2002 except they went down 8-0)?

It was all too easy...

As I can see the way things are heading with Babylon I would like to point out to the moderators that he has both started and continued with abusive posts (as it has always been your custom to punish retaliators rather than instigators).

Now, go and do your job.

Before I give you the latest on the topic under review a warning to Babylon: any more abusive posts son and I'll make sure you're banned. Capisce?

OK this is the latest on last nights miraculous scoreline. My source, a journalist on an Italian sports paper, says there is 'almost certainly' a connection between Roma's exit from the Champions League and the events in the Stadio Olympico a week ago.

Some of you may remember that Man U fans were warned by the club to expect trouble in Rome. You may also remember that the Carabinieri were only situated on the Man United side of the perspex barrier inside the stadium and that contrary to normal matchday policy AS Roma Ultra's were placed directly on the other side.

Accoring to my contact, it was more than just prudence that inspired Manchester United to warn their supporters about trouble ahead. The club was tipped off by an Italian police officer. And he told them not just to be wary about the Ultras but about the Carabinieri too.

After the trouble took place a number of Italian commentators alluded to collusion between the police and the Ultra's. This is because unlike here, Italian football hooligans have directed connections with their clubs who in turn exercise much influence over local police. A lot of the violent conduct of the Ultra's is condoned by powerful, wealthy factions vying for control over football clubs.

My source believes that the violence shown by police and Ultras towards Man U fans was officially orchestrated to discredit Man U in particular and English football generally but quite why he is not sure of yet (there may be connections with what happened to Spurs in Seville). He is confident though, that Man U have damning evidence of this plot (and have made sure that Roma know they have the evidence) and that they would be prepared to release this information to any enquiry set up to investigate these events.

If Roma were found to have officially sanctioned the disturbances the punishments would be severe: exclusion from the Champions League for several seasons as well as severe domestic penalties too (unlike here they are not scared in Italy of relegating big clubs). Naturally, AS Roma would be prepared to stomach a short term setback in exchange for having the whole affair swept under the carpet.

A short term setback like losing a Champions League Quarter Final.

Before I give you the latest on the topic under review a warning to Babylon: any more abusive posts son and I'll make sure you're banned. Capisce?

OK this is the latest on last nights miraculous scoreline. My source, a journalist on an Italian sports paper, says there is 'almost certainly' a connection between Roma's exit from the Champions League and the events in the Stadio Olympico a week ago.

Some of you may remember that Man U fans were warned by the club to expect trouble in Rome. You may also remember that the Carabinieri were only situated on the Man United side of the perspex barrier inside the stadium and that contrary to normal matchday policy AS Roma Ultra's were placed directly on the other side.

Accoring to my contact, it was more than just prudence that inspired Manchester United to warn their supporters about trouble ahead. The club was tipped off by an Italian police officer. And he told them not just to be wary about the Ultras but about the Carabinieri too.

After the trouble took place a number of Italian commentators alluded to collusion between the police and the Ultra's. This is because unlike here, Italian football hooligans have directed connections with their clubs who in turn exercise much influence over local police. A lot of the violent conduct of the Ultra's is condoned by powerful, wealthy factions vying for control over football clubs.

My source believes that the violence shown by police and Ultras towards Man U fans was officially orchestrated to discredit Man U in particular and English football generally but quite why he is not sure of yet (there may be connections with what happened to Spurs in Seville). He is confident though, that Man U have damning evidence of this plot (and have made sure that Roma know they have the evidence) and that they would be prepared to release this information to any enquiry set up to investigate these events.

If Roma were found to have officially sanctioned the disturbances the punishments would be severe: exclusion from the Champions League for several seasons as well as severe domestic penalties too (unlike here they are not scared in Italy of relegating big clubs). Naturally, AS Roma would be prepared to stomach a short term setback in exchange for having the whole affair swept under the carpet.

Those wacky Italian journalists eh, they know everything.

According to my contact, it was more than just prudence that inspired Manchester United to warn their supporters about trouble ahead. The club was tipped off by an Italian police officer. And he told them not just to be wary about the Ultras but about the Carabinieri too.

Why don't you release that information to a proper media outlet like - let's say - the BBC?

Why make such a big fuss about your contacts when the deserved winner has advanced in the end? I think I'm not the only one to know about the political stance of Italian hooligan groups (take Lazio, AC Milan, Inter or Hellas Verona with clearly fascist elements among them supporters, for instance).

Every time you make one of your sparse appearances on here, you come across as the Holy Saint, holding on to his Bible tightly.

Do you expect us to go "Oooh, Chandler knows it all" with each of your blessed revealings?

P.S.: Could we now finally move this thread over to "General Football and Sports"?

Alexander,

Are you just embarrassed about being taken in by last night's (literally) incredible scoreline, or do you prefer to live in a land of doltish ignorance?

Rest assured, major newswires, the dead tree press and electronic media are all aware of what happened last night. But remember my friend, we live in a news MANAGEMENT age: the deafening silence surrounding our own footie corruption scandal is evidence of that.

As for 'the deserved winner going through in the end' well, how can a win be 'deserved' if it is a gift? Man U were effectively given a bye to the semi's last night. But you didn't waste good drinking time to come on here simply to share this little pearl of absurdity with me.

The umbrage you took though over my well placed source (absurdly topped off with your irrelevant, silly boast about your knowledge of politicised Ultra's) gives away the real motivation for your post: YOU WISHED YOU'D BROKEN THE STORY YOURSELF.

Your mean spirited demand for the thread to be moved is proof of that. Frankly, I don't give a tinker's cuss where it ends up because I didn't fookin' start it.

Now grow up and get that chip off your shoulder.

Regards,

Chandler

Alexander,

Are you just embarrassed about being taken in by last night's (literally) incredible scoreline, or do you prefer to live in a land of doltish ignorance?

Rest assured, major newswires, the dead tree press and electronic media are all aware of what happened last night. But remember my friend, we live in a news MANAGEMENT age: the deafening silence surrounding our own footie corruption scandal is evidence of that.

As for 'the deserved winner going through in the end' well, how can a win be 'deserved' if it is a gift? Man U were effectively given a bye to the semi's last night. But you didn't waste good drinking time to come on here simply to share this little pearl of absurdity with me.

The umbrage you took though over my well placed source (absurdly topped off with your irrelevant, silly boast about your knowledge of politicised Ultra's) gives away the real motivation for your post: YOU WISHED YOU'D BROKEN THE STORY YOURSELF.

Your mean spirited demand for the thread to be moved is proof of that. Frankly, I don't give a tinker's cuss where it ends up because I didn't fookin' start it.

Now grow up and get that chip off your shoulder.

Regards,

Chandler

LACHEN1A.jpg

Chandler...

... You are such a weirdo.

Chandler calling you a fool is not abusive it's stating a fact. Even if it was abusive it's less abusive than calling someone a twat as you did to me.

Do you think I give a flying fook about being banned? I barely post on here anymore anyway due to complete and utter bullshit people talk (like you).

I'm not even going to read your posts on this subject. Christ i'm sure we can all remember the complete tosh in the Mandaric/Beckham thread. You should get a screw driver and tighten up those loose nuts because you have completely lost it.

Mods: Ban me I don't care. But make sure you ban him for calling me a twat.

Chandler calling you a fool is not abusive it's stating a fact. Even if it was abusive it's less abusive than calling someone a twat as you did to me.

Do you think I give a flying fook about being banned? I barely post on here anymore anyway due to complete and utter bullshit people talk (like you).

I'm not even going to read your posts on this subject. Christ i'm sure we can all remember the complete tosh in the Mandaric/Beckham thread. You should get a screw driver and tighten up those loose nuts because you have completely lost it.

Mods: Ban me I don't care. But make sure you ban him for calling me a twat.

Like your logic Babylon all your timelines are fooked up too. I predicted Beckham's move to LA Galaxy (weeks before it occurred) when all the pundits were tipping him to return to the Premiership or Serie A. I also stated that more Americans would be buying into Premiership clubs long before Hicks and Gillett took over Liverpool and some numpty from Colorado bought 10% of Arsenal.

I also predicted cooperation between LA Galaxy and Man U leading to a rebranding of the former and what happens? A crocked Beckham travels to Old Trafford to say a few words to the fans of a club he left in the most bitter of circumstances and then tells their best player not to move to Real Madrid - the club Beckham is still contracted too!

Provided Beckham lifts the profile of MLS, MM (and LCFC) will be getting involved state side. Talks about the groundshare have restarted informally (note that the Heineken semi final has been switched from Twickenham to The Walkers even though The Tigers consider it an 'unlucky' ground).

The fact that you fail to acknowledge these astute predictions shows that (a) you have Alzheimers or (b) you are a very little man with such crushingly low self esteem that I would consider it of little benefit to mankind to beat you to a bloody pulp with my great clunking fists.

Now sod off from this board before I change my mind...

Like your logic Babylon all your timelines are fooked up too. I predicted Beckham's move to LA Galaxy (weeks before it occurred) when all the pundits were tipping him to return to the Premiership or Serie A. I also stated that more Americans would be buying into Premiership clubs long before Hicks and Gillett took over Liverpool and some numpty from Colorado bought 10% of Arsenal.

I also predicted cooperation between LA Galaxy and Man U leading to a rebranding of the former and what happens? A crocked Beckham travels to Old Trafford to say a few words to the fans of a club he left in the most bitter of circumstances and then tells their best player not to move to Real Madrid - the club Beckham is still contracted too!

Provided Beckham lifts the profile of MLS, MM (and LCFC) will be getting involved state side. Talks about the groundshare have restarted informally (note that the Heineken semi final has been switched from Twickenham to The Walkers even though The Tigers consider it an 'unlucky' ground).

The fact that you fail to acknowledge these astute predictions shows that (a) you have Alzheimers or (b) you are a very little man with such crushingly low self esteem that I would consider it of little benefit to mankind to beat you to a bloody pulp with my great clunking fists.

Now sod off from this board before I change my mind...

What the hell are you talking about, every man and his bloody dog was saying he'd go to america. Pearl of wisdom I think not!!! As for Americans taking control of more clubs, it's like me predicting more american firms will take over british ones where money is there to be made... it's gonna happen end of!!!!

Your prediction was MM taking over an American club and us... still waiting!!!! You fail to mention this, maybe because MM has come out and slated MLS since Beckhams move.

Ground share back on because they are playing here, come on. The only reason they are playing here is for ££££££££!! It has nothing to do with it being back on. Hardly an amazing prediction either that it could happen, I would be worried if MM didn't fully look into it. He is supposed to be a business man after all.

Alzheimers is more common in people your age, although I think in your case schizophrenia would be a more accurate diognosis.

Yeah i'm a little man of 6ft 2" and my self esteem is so low I come on here and spout conspiracy theories. Oh hang on the last bit is you.

What next the moon landing, jfk??? You're a few goals short of a match fixing.

What the hell are you talking about, every man and his bloody dog was saying he'd go to america. Pearl of wisdom I think not!!! As for Americans taking control of more clubs, it's like me predicting more american firms will take over british ones where money is there to be made... it's gonna happen end of!!!!

Your prediction was MM taking over an American club and us... still waiting!!!! You fail to mention this, maybe because MM has come out and slated MLS since Beckhams move.

Ground share back on because they are playing here, come on. The only reason they are playing here is for ££££££££!! It has nothing to do with it being back on. Hardly an amazing prediction either that it could happen, I would be worried if MM didn't fully look into it. He is supposed to be a business man after all.

Alzheimers is more common in people your age, although I think in your case schizophrenia would be a more accurate diognosis.

Yeah i'm a little man of 6ft 2" and my self esteem is so low I come on here and spout conspiracy theories. Oh hang on the last bit is you.

What next the moon landing, jfk??? You're a few goals short of a match fixing.

Babylon,

Your problem is that you revel in being a sheep, in not having a mind of your own. Anyone who trusts what their instincts tell them and who is a little bit savvy about what really goes on in that big bad world out there is a 'conspiracy theorist.'

The fact that you are not in the least bit suspicious when an in form team well placed in the world's toughest and most corrupt league bombs so dramatically against a side struggling for form says a lot about you.

Tell me now is Mike Newell a 'conspiracy theorist?' Tell me, was 'calciopoli' just a figment of some 'conspiracy theorist's imagination? And tell me, is it a 'conspiracy theory' to believe that Bob Woolmer was murdered because of what he knew about cricket match fixing (and, more crucially, who is behind it).

The point I am making is that it is OK to believe in the above as 'facts' as opposed to 'theories' because someone has made it safe for sheep like you to disgest them. But for every 'plot' that is uncovered how many remain undiscovered? The general rule of thumb when it comes to crime is that the mobsters get away nine times out of ten.

If I were you Babylon, I wouldn't advertise the fact that I didnt have a handle on the world, couldn't think for myself and was easily hoodwinked. The three card sharks spend all their lives combing cabbage patches for kids like you.

Regards,

Chandler

PS In my lengthy experience people who sign up to the 'lone nut' theory of JFK's assassination are normally not even acquainted with the most basic facts of the case. I recommend Oliver Stone's 'JFK' as a primary 'text.' It's a great remedy for ill informed cockiness.

Babylon,

Your problem is that you revel in being a sheep, in not having a mind of your own. Anyone who trusts what their instincts tell them and who is a little bit savvy about what really goes on in that big bad world out there is a 'conspiracy theorist.'

The fact that you are not in the least bit suspicious when an in form team well placed in the world's toughest and most corrupt league bombs so dramatically against a side struggling for form says a lot about you.

Tell me now is Mike Newell a 'conspiracy theorist?' Tell me, was 'calciopoli' just a figment of some 'conspiracy theorist's imagination? And tell me, is it a 'conspiracy theory' to believe that Bob Woolmer was murdered because of what he knew about cricket match fixing (and, more crucially, who is behind it).

The point I am making is that it is OK to believe in the above as 'facts' as opposed to 'theories' because someone has made it safe for sheep like you to disgest them. But for every 'plot' that is uncovered how many remain undiscovered? The general rule of thumb when it comes to crime is that the mobsters get away nine times out of ten.

If I were you Babylon, I wouldn't advertise the fact that I didnt have a handle on the world, couldn't think for myself and was easily hoodwinked. The three card sharks spend all their lives combing cabbage patches for kids like you.

Regards,

Chandler

PS In my lengthy experience people who sign up to the 'lone nut' theory of JFK's assassination are normally not even acquainted with the most basic facts of the case. I recommend Oliver Stone's 'JFK' as a primary 'text.' It's a great remedy for ill informed cockiness.

tzun280l.jpg

Babylon,

Regards,

Chandler

Chandler,

I'm sure pretty much everyone on here would vouch for the fact i'm not a sheep, In fact far from it. Also your argument gets blown out of the water by the fact I don't think it was a "lone guman". In fact the book staring at me from my shelf is 'A Farewell To Justice' by Jim Garrison. I was merely using one of the most commonly known examples of conspiracy theory.

Your reasoning for them throwing the game was Man U would expose what happened with the police etc over there. There is absolutely no reasoning in your theory for why they would lose so heavily. If they were not performing for that reason they could have quite easily lost the game by one or two goals. No questions asked, just written off as a bad day at the office. There was no need for the complete humiliation. It would be like L.H.O using an FBI, CIA or US Customs issued gun.

Archived