Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Kirby Muxloe Cricket Club has just been on SSN in some article about grassroots Cricket improving.

Used to play football on the pitch next to where they were filming back in the day. Didnt see any point in starting a new thread so thought I'd stick it in here

An interesting blog from County opening batsman Will Jeffeson...

"The fact that our overseas player Andrew ‘Trevor’ McDonald has arrived at the weekend only adds to the mix of our own expectations. He will bring great balance to our team which also adds to our position of strength.

"On a personal level, it has been nice to get some runs and lead the team out at Fenner’s when Hoggy took a well-deserved breather. I hope to keep playing well over the coming weeks and months and that as a team, we continue to progress." :thumbup:

http://www.soarmagazine.co.uk/2010/04/27/will-jefferson-blog-lighting-the-candle/

Not the best start today. Sussex won the toss and put us in. Currently 53 for 2 from 15 overs.

Interesting to see that McDonald is playing and is captain with Hoggard not in the team - did he pick up a knock in the last game?

Now 85 for 6 at lunch,

Edited by Wilkesy

I'm feeling a bit unwell myself looking at this scoreboard.

And it's not getting any easier to read either. Goodwin and Rana have their centuries, the lead is over 200 and Leicestershire are staring an innings defeat in the face I feel. One question I have is that Wayne White, who has been a revelation so far this season has only bowled 7 overs in the innings, why?

A batting collapse in the first innings was probably not unexpected with the young players in the team. The good thing is that Nicco did well and White and McDonald had a bit of a bash. I'd like to see Du Toit given a chance in the batting line up and Gurney or Wyatt brought into the attack with Harris rested. COME ON YOU FOXESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Edited by Shatoon

Took a battering today. Another hard game tommorow against Durham, its on sky sports 3 for anyone who cant go.

Bowling clearly wasn't up to much yesterday, needs to improve today or it's gonna be 3 defeats in a row :cry: No doubt Sky will have a swipe at us for no reason (as per usual) and probably mistaking Du Toit & Hendo for Kolpak players again :frusty:

Duckworth/Lewis what a farce!

We finished early on 235/7 with 34.1 overs gone. After 34.1 overs, they had just lost Clarke and were 234/7

We had Taylor on 90 odd with his eye in and were well on course to win the game :scarf::whistle:

I say that with a bit of tongue in cheek of course, its a shame that after our bowlers had pulled it back a bit, we let Woakes go mental.

Would you really blame McDonald for having a negative impact on our team? You can't not pick an Australian test cricketer, especially when the other option is AJ Harris.

Our batting hasn't fired all season to be honest. We've been propped up by runs by New and White at 6/7 but the top 5 really needs to produce more. We need 100s.