Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

13 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Interesting discussion with the Durham CEO, Tim Bostock on Simon Hughes'  podcast. He has high hopes of the income that the hotel they are building will bring and that they'll get an expansion team for The Hundred franchise. They are also being courted by Saudi Arabian money for a take-over, which he seemed ok with. What was relevant to Leicestershire, was that he believed there may not be 18 first class teams in 5 years and that he would be pushing to improve the quality and standard of the first class game, to attract overseas players. If this meant less first class counties, then so be it. The other point he made was that given the dire financial straits of so many counties, the sale of the Hundred franchises are the only thing that will keep them afloat. I do think the next 3 or 4 years are crucial to Leicestershire, they need to invest in non-cricket activities to increase revenue. As Bostock says, domestic cricket itself, is basically a loss-making business.  I also think this means we have to take every competition seriously.

I assume 'courted by Saudi money' means the Newcastle owners fancy another local team especially one with a potential hundred franchise?

50 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

A couple of changes - Mike and Salisbury out, with Walker and Wood brought in. Happy for Wood to have a go but never been impressed by Walker. Assume Mike must have an injury?

I saw Mike clutching his side a few times towards the end of his bowling spell down at Sussex so he may have picked up a side strain or similar?

57 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Rockin all over the world sung by 10cc according to Richard Rae nice to know his knowledge on music matches his cricket knowledge

I laughed when he called Liam Trevaskis "Trescothick" on Sunday

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I assume 'courted by Saudi money' means the Newcastle owners fancy another local team especially one with a potential hundred franchise?

Certainly a link. He mentioned Saudi Airlines starting up flights from Newcastle Airport as a potential income driver for the north east. He did an interesting job of excusing their human rights record - we've got to help them change and not keep them on the outside! The Saudis have been trading with us and buying property for decades, that's hardly having them on the outside.

8 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I also love the notion that less teams means that better quality overseas players come here too. 

They are simply guns for hire. 

In the last five years we have attracted Abbas, Harris and Rahane to our club. Pretty decent quality there for a club that offers nothing.

Enjoyed it at Kibworth. Nice little ground. 

Was Mike Injured? Not one of our wickets we lost were down to good balls, more poor shots. 

Nice day out but a poor display. 

Chris Wright looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. Bowling about 70mph and fielding like a blind man in a sack. 

Not just the drop either. 

Been a great servant so let's get him fit and firing before we push him.out on the field. 

Clearly not fit in any way shape or form. 

Cheer up. We’re level on 6 points with Notts and Yorkshire and only net run rate separates 3rd, 4th and 5th places. Everything to play for. OK, so we had a bad day at the office. It happens! Onwards and upwards! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cakey said:

Yeah not out of it. I enjoyed my day. That was with three exceptions a second team we played against. It was a good chance  

Mckerr looked rapid. Never plays

Careful Cakey you will  have Tommy Fresh on your back saying what a strong side Surrey fielded. Changing subjects what our your thoughts on Rehan Ahmed still only young I know not even 20 until  next week but he seems to have gone backwards this season.Bowled poorly in the 100 and not even  selected for the last few games. Let's hope he  comes good again and don't end up like Dom Bess Mason Crane  and Danny Briggs who were all considered the next big thing and are now just average County cricketers

• Haha 1