Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

11 hours ago, Cakey said:

It is difficult I agree and it's certainly a challenge but if you get more commercially aware individuals on.the board increase player sponsorship etc it can be done..

I take my dad who has a season ticket but he and his mates don't spend much in there. Bring their own lunch tea etc they are older I get that. 

However if I take my sons they probably spend more in 4 T20 games than me and my dad do all season. So it's that target audience we have ro hit. Corporate events, etc. 

I wouldn't think any CC makes a profit on a 4 day game. Must be impossible. I mean the crowd I sit with are lucky to get through a flask of tea in a day let alone 8 pints and a sit down lunch. 

But that's where the profits are. 

Some weekdays I'm there thinking, I must me one of the youngest in here at 55, how much are we losing today!

That's not just just Leicestershire either most county crowds are similar. Very little spent in the ground. 

No incentive to spend when you can bring everything in yourself. 

Difficult to find solutions I appreciate that. 

Domestic cricket loses money for the reasons you mention - low crowds and people don't spend anything. Whereas people spend a small fortune at Hundred games and test matches, all helping the test match counties.

Leicestershire needs to increase non cricket revenue but unfortunately the concerts didn't sell many tickets this year. I don't know how the ground redevelopment is going, but I think the Meet is being replaced.

One bit of good business we did that is coming to the forefront is Trevaskis in for Parky, Parky had a few good days but Trevaskis is the far better all round player. An excellent swap in my view. 

Parky had a woeful one day bowling record average of about 140 as I recall. Nice guy though. Good tryer. 

Edited by Cakey
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, blurryface said:

Screenshot2024-08-13at10_33_30.thumb.png.8d88106f5ca495ff2e8054ef5638fddd.png

yep, winner takes all.

then depending on the other results above us will decide if we're at home or away for the QF/SF (if we get there)

Ain't it the top 4 that go to quarters/semis we could lose and and still qualify if yorkshire lose

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

I didn’t realise the quarter is on Friday and semi on Sunday. What an absolute disgrace two days notice for each. 

The ECB couldn't make it clearer that they don't want the tournament to succeed. 

Last year, we had a free day bank holiday August Monday but the game had to be played Tuesday 

9 hours ago, Lionator said:

I didn’t realise the quarter is on Friday and semi on Sunday. What an absolute disgrace two days notice for each. 

If Durham moved up a place today in the other group it could mean Worcestershire playing away at Chester-le-Street and Taunton with just a day's break in between.

43 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If Durham moved up a place today in the other group it could mean Worcestershire playing away at Chester-le-Street and Taunton with just a day's break in between.

England Lions are playing at New Road on Friday, so Worcestershire would likely be away regardless…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

England Lions are playing at New Road on Friday, so Worcestershire would likely be away regardless…

Ah yes. Point still stands.

That's another scheduling howler in itself, really.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

They’d have to move it to somewhere like Edgbaston right? I can’t imagine they’d be able to prep an out ground that quickly. 

36 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Ah yes. Point still stands.

That's another scheduling howler in itself, really.

57 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

3 Gloucestershire players in the squad .Rehans brother also Inc after one wicketless list A match nice to see players having to work hard to earn an England call up

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

3 Gloucestershire players in the squad .Rehans brother also Inc after one wicketless list A match nice to see players having to work hard to earn an England call up

Yeah, it's the least Lions looking Lions squad ever.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

They’d have to move it to somewhere like Edgbaston right? I can’t imagine they’d be able to prep an out ground that quickly. 

Yeah, no chance of an outground:

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/county-cricket-premium/worcestershire_potential_away_playoff_england_lions_clash.html?t=638592247881354428

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

They picked players who aren’t playing in the hundred. 

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

The ECB couldn't make it clearer that they don't want the tournament to succeed. 

Last year, we had a free day bank holiday August Monday but the game had to be played Tuesday 

If you think that's bad, wait until we make the final and you have to turn up in your thermals to Trent Bridge in late september lol