Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Great session that on the field we're really going great at the moment.

As for that price rise, after Sean Jarvis's open letter last week it's not clever at all, in fact imo it's terrible business sense when you are trying to entice people in.

23 minutes ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Great session that on the field we're really going great at the moment.

As for that price rise, after Sean Jarvis's open letter last week it's not clever at all, in fact imo it's terrible business sense when you are trying to entice people in.

Just don't make any sense whatsoever. After Jarvis letter last year read a few posts on social media  from supporters who haven't been down for a while basically saying they are not able to get down much but to help the club out they may well  become members  no chance of this happening now. I take no pleasure   in being proved right on Jarvis just a shame that on the field things have massively  improved due to some inspired  signings by Nico but off the field things have never been worse

The counties should never have voted for the Hundred. I have quite a miserable outlook when it comes to this so apologies for this rant...

The success of the likes of Somerset is built on selling out 8k seats every t20 game (and previously most One Day Cup) games at hefty ticket prices.

Now the ECB have set up a rival competition that downgraded the latter competition into development status overnight and increasingly is positioned as the premier short form competition in terms of marketing and media attention marginalising the Blast. By the sound of it the IPL investors will herald a change to t20 format whilst keeping the name (which is mental in of itself) so Counties like us will find it ever more challenging to attract fans to our white ball games. If we wanted to try and emulate Somerset it's more difficult than ever now and they may end up struggling as well.

The ECB have wanted rid of us for years and I think we've had it frankly, as have the other smaller counties. I think in a few years the Hundred franchises and test match venue big counties will bleed into one and will be playing top tier 4 day and t20 cricket and the likes of us will be playing some sort of forgotten second tier feeder level 3 day and t20 leagues along with the minor county sides.

Not a secret that the ECB have wanted a consolidated top tier for a long time, expect they're annoyed that the Test team is doing well currently as it means they can't blame us for it's woes.

5 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

The counties should never have voted for the Hundred. I have quite a miserable outlook when it comes to this so apologies for this rant...

The success of the likes of Somerset is built on selling out 8k seats every t20 game (and previously most One Day Cup) games at hefty ticket prices.

Now the ECB have set up a rival competition that downgraded the latter competition into development status overnight and increasingly is positioned as the premier short form competition in terms of marketing and media attention marginalising the Blast. By the sound of it the IPL investors will herald a change to t20 format whilst keeping the name (which is mental in of itself) so Counties like us will find it ever more challenging to attract fans to our white ball games. If we wanted to try and emulate Somerset it's more difficult than ever now and they may end up struggling as well.

The ECB have wanted rid of us for years and I think we've had it frankly, as have the other smaller counties. I think in a few years the Hundred franchises and test match venue big counties will bleed into one and will be playing top tier 4 day and t20 cricket and the likes of us will be playing some sort of forgotten second tier feeder level 3 day and t20 leagues along with the minor county sides.

Not a secret that the ECB have wanted a consolidated top tier for a long time, expect they're annoyed that the Test team is doing well currently as it means they can't blame us for it's woes.

I think you are about right.

Just been listening to TMS during the lunch break and they were talking about what happens to non-hundred counties when this investment money that will be distributed runs out. They said the ECB wants to see a sustainability plan on how they'll use the money. So for example, Worcestershire will use the money for a new ground. Basically, they have one go at getting it right and using the money well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Josh Hull added to the England squad for the second test. I think that might give us some much needed money !

How much would the club get?

7 hours ago, Corky said:

Could be two Test debuts in two years.

First time we've had two current England internationals in the squad since when? Mullally and Habib at a guess?

Edit: Broad and Snape both played for England in 2007.

Edited by Voll Blau

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

First time we've had two current England internationals in the squad since when? Mullally and Habib at a guess?

Edit: Broad and Snape both played for England in 2007.

Nixon played for England in 2007 too. As did Maddy but he’d left at the start of that season. What a time. 

• Like 1