Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

So basically, reading between the lines of what Claude Henderson is saying it's basically blackmail. 'Either pay the over inflated membership prices or we won't sign any overseas players next year!

I’m happy with us having Handscomb only if it puts us on a sound financial footing. I’d rather have a club in 10 years than a no-hoper Pakistan seamer next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

There's a petition  on change org not  started by me for the removal of Sean Jarvis just 15 signatures  so far

A rather desperate attempt by some rather desperate people. We all have our legitimate grievances but there are much better ways to go about it.

37 minutes ago, Lionator said:

A rather desperate attempt by some rather desperate people. We all have our legitimate grievances but there are much better ways to go about it.

It's a perfectly legitimate tactic. I'm not necessarily sure I agree with its claim, but I'm not convinced that Mr Jarvis isn't a bit 'showy', and delivers little. 

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

There's a petition  on change org not  started by me for the removal of Sean Jarvis just 15 signatures  so far

Is the Martin Jarvis who has commented on your petition related to Sean? If so, his claim that you (and I quote) 'idiots' haven't got a clue what's going on at the club is unintentionally revealing. If people don't know what's going on, whose fault is that?

40 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Is the Martin Jarvis who has commented on your petition related to Sean? If so, his claim that you (and I quote) 'idiots' haven't got a clue what's going on at the club is unintentionally revealing. If people don't know what's going on, whose fault is that?

I dont think so think he plays in the local cricket league, chair of a local side. He may also be related but would be 50  ish and always been on the local cricket scene. 

But it may not be the same guy? 

I mean we don't have a clue as nobody tells us anything!

I had a chat with a Leicestershire player who plays at our club when not playing for Leicestershire and he felt something positive was in the pipeline? 

I sadly don't share his optimistic view!

Edited by Cakey

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

It's not my petition although I admit I have signed it.No idea if Martin Jarvis is related to Sean the only Martin Jarvis I've  heard of is the actor from the sitcom rings on  their fingers co staring Diane Keen

9 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

And to be fair, if only a handful of the public feel inclined to watch the product, it does not have a viable future. A £3.7 million subsidy from the ECB, but still we make losses of half a million and have debts of £4 million. Why on earth would you invest in that model unless you have more money than sense?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Yes his brother. 

Edited by Lionator

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Yes his brother. 

So is he the same Martin Jarvis that used to run the local league meetings? 

Millions of them now! 

May be he is the actor also? 

You wait for a Martin Jarvis and three turn up! 

4 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

And to be fair, if only a handful of the public feel inclined to watch the product, it does not have a viable future. A £3.7 million subsidy from the ECB, but still we make losses of half a million and have debts of £4 million. Why on earth would you invest in that model unless you have more money than sense?

That's the crux of the problem, the demand doesn't seem there.

I can speak a bit more now some of this is coming out. I’m not claiming to be an ITK or anything but I know a few people. 

This is what Jarvis has been looking to do for ages, run the club into the ground so he can get us to go private to get the riches of an IPL style company. Just trying to get the members out the way, the membership drive and price increase is also vindictive of that. 

I mean personally I believe it as well as where’s the money coming from for all this revamp of the ground. These things have been long planned for and we will soon be in the franchise industry

1 hour ago, chrishlcfc said:

I can speak a bit more now some of this is coming out. I’m not claiming to be an ITK or anything but I know a few people. 

This is what Jarvis has been looking to do for ages, run the club into the ground so he can get us to go private to get the riches of an IPL style company. Just trying to get the members out the way, the membership drive and price increase is also vindictive of that. 

I mean personally I believe it as well as where’s the money coming from for all this revamp of the ground. These things have been long planned for and we will soon be in the franchise industry

Would be upsetting if this is the way the club goes.

• Like 1

On 05/09/2024 at 10:30, Father Ted said:

I found Claude Henderson’s video rather insulting to be frankly honest. 

I’m with the general consensus here in that I’m sure we could sacrifice not having 2 overseas next season if it means the club becoming more financially stable. 

I think I speak for all when I say that I’d be happy with just Handscomb for County Champ and one day cup. Rahane’s wage has been a waste. As was the fee paid to Stirling when Hill or Swindells could have deputised to equal effect. 

T20 is the money earner and a good start in that leads to bigger crowds for the latter matches so a gamble on overseas in that could be argued to be worth it, which poses a further dilemma as personally, I don’t think Handscomb’s game is suited to T20. 

The loan of Green from Somerset is odd when we have Wood and our own Green chomping at the bit. 

As others have suggested, plenty of ways we can save money but the club seem to be ignorant to them lately. 

Sam Evans, a man in form too, give him a shot now Handscomb is gone. If the club bring in another overseas to replace him when we have 3 capable batsmen twiddling their thumbs it won’t be a good look.

Alex Green won't be featuring in the next couple of games, he's been selected by the England Under 19s

18 hours ago, chrishlcfc said:

Still struggle to understand why any company would even think about investing  money in to  the club 

3 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Still struggle to understand why any company would even think about investing  money in to  the club 

I think we would need a different ground to become a more attractive proposition. Grace Road is basically a dead end, it’s in a massive housing estate, difficult to access through streets etc. 

• Like 2