Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

7 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Anyone know what the club statement is about, referring to online comments?

Yes it's in connection with the petition  for the removal of Sean Jarvis as CEO. Ridiculous  imo  we are about to announce record losses many members not renewing  and yet it seems members are not allowed to even ask question about Jarvis. Haven't seen anything that's out of order unless you think calling him a used car salesman goes over the line.. Friend of mine and long time member sent Jarvis a polite  message on x simply asking why Northants and Derby can make a profit and we can't which is a valid question the response  none other then Jarvis blocked him

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Anyone know what the club statement is about, referring to online comments?

I’d imagine it’s the fangofox guy and his sidekicks. 

Obviously outright abuse is not acceptable but like @Graceroad said, I replied to Jarvis when the stream fee came in, trying to be constructive and I got blocked. How is that going to entice me to buy a membership? 

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Is this the case for non members next year?

Decided I won’t be renewing.

Can't say for sure but the paywall been  a total failure so would think so. If you mostly only attend Championship matches your best bet would be a Nottinghamshire County membership if you live more then 20 Miles from Trent Bridge £151 if you are over 65 or £183

Just now, Graceroad said:

Can't say for sure but the paywall been  a total failure so would think so. If you mostly only attend Championship matches your best bet would be a Nottinghamshire County membership if you live more then 20 Miles from Trent Bridge £151 if you are over 65 or £183

Yeah can see some doing that but id rather not give that lot my money really.

• Like 2

Hull out of ODIs: "England have also confirmed that Josh Hull will play no part in the ODI series, after sustaining a minor quad injury on Test debut at The Oval last week. A team spokesperson suggested that his absence is only precautionary, and that his participation in October's three-match Test tour to Pakistan is not under threat."

2 hours ago, LBTufty said:

Hull out of ODIs: "England have also confirmed that Josh Hull will play no part in the ODI series, after sustaining a minor quad injury on Test debut at The Oval last week. A team spokesperson suggested that his absence is only precautionary, and that his participation in October's three-match Test tour to Pakistan is not under threat."

Disappointed for him as after all the attention he got for the Test call up, thought he really deserved to be in the ODI squad.

21 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Has Rahane baled out now that our promotion chances have gone? He's not starting today anyway. 

He’s gone home after “medical assessments” by our medical team have suggested he can’t play in the final two games. In other words, either he can’t be arsed or we’ve sent him packing early to save a few quid.

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Looks like the season is going to peter out miserably, which is a shame, as in many ways we've had another decent, competitive season until the last week or so. 

Just shows what an impact Handscomb had on the side, at least he'll be back next year. The Hundred has destroyed Rishi as well. He's been in woeful form since he came back.

I assume Salisbury is off as he's not in this side, despite loads of second xl wickets.

13 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Just shows what an impact Handscomb had on the side, at least he'll be back next year. The Hundred has destroyed Rishi as well. He's been in woeful form since he came back.

I assume Salisbury is off as he's not in this side, despite loads of second xl wickets.

Handscomb not officially signed for next season unless I've missed something although I do expect him to return. Salisbury got 1 year left on contract so expect  him to be here next year don't think any other County would sign him even though he's  an OK bowler .