Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Excellent signing, bit of excitement in the side and a genuine run scorer.

Still need a good strike bowler and a couple more above average players.

• 4 weeks later...

Any rumours about any possible signings/changes.

Really looks like we will struggle next season, not really replaced Jefferson, still don't think we have properly replaced Taylor and we have got rid of so many bowlers like Malik and Joseph despite them being rubbish, we really need to replace them as well.

But we simply don't have the money, a takeover would be nice :D

Any rumours about any possible signings/changes.

Really looks like we will struggle next season, not really replaced Jefferson, still don't think we have properly replaced Taylor and we have got rid of so many bowlers like Malik and Joseph despite them being rubbish, we really need to replace them as well.

But we simply don't have the money, a takeover would be nice :D

Someone have a word with the Thais see if they are looking for something to do in the summer months

• 2 months later...

Wayne White has offcially left us to join Lancashire. A great shame he left as he was one of our best players last season and was rapidly becoming a promising player. Rob Taylor will no doubt fill his slot and is a very good replacement.

He looked a changed player last season, and was a key player to our side.

Yet another loss, Taylor can easily fill the slot, but it's yet another player down.

We haven't replaced Jefferson, we haven't really replaced Taylor yet, haven't replaced Gurney and now we might need to replace White.

Money is a huge problem, if I ever won the lottery, I would seriously invent to Leicestershire CCC.

He looked a changed player last season, and was a key player to our side.

Yet another loss, Taylor can easily fill the slot, but it's yet another player down.

We haven't replaced Jefferson, we haven't really replaced Taylor yet, haven't replaced Gurney and now we might need to replace White.

Money is a huge problem, if I ever won the lottery, I would seriously invent to Leicestershire CCC.

We have Shiv Thakor, what a prospect he is.

Still think we'll struggle to avoid finishing bottom this season. IMO we're short by a couple of players as what we have at the minute are all much of a muchness in the middle order, except Shiv, but no doubt he'll be off in a year or two if Notts come sniffing as they usually do. Such a shame as it seems its always a step forward followed by a slightly bigger one back. Would love to see us build a decent settled squad and gradually rising up the table year on year, but with the lack of funds it's so frustrating. At least Cobb hasn't jumped ship yet.

We have Shiv Thakor, what a prospect he is.

Yep, but is he really a replacement for James Taylor, Shiv is more a middle order batsmen, while Taylor would come in at 3 or 4.

Gurney got stole by Notts and we really haven't replaced him, Joseph looked good for about 2-3 months then did nothing, Malik released as well because of injuries.

While Jefferson has had to retire, that being another loss, meaning Boyce, Smith and Sarwan to probably open.

So want them to do well, but money is a major problem, and the squad keeps losing the best players.

Yep, but is he really a replacement for James Taylor, Shiv is more a middle order batsmen, while Taylor would come in at 3 or 4.

Gurney got stole by Notts and we really haven't replaced him, Joseph looked good for about 2-3 months then did nothing, Malik released as well because of injuries.

While Jefferson has had to retire, that being another loss, meaning Boyce, Smith and Sarwan to probably open.

So want them to do well, but money is a major problem, and the squad keeps losing the best players.

Tbh I think Shiv will be as good as Taylor in the future, he is rated very highly and is already captain for the England u19. We do actually have some new players, went on the team profiles on the LCCC website. New bowlers of Robbie Williams and Ollie Freckingham and an all rounder called Angus Robson, I doubt there going to be a big influence as thier rejects from counties but I hope they prove me wrong. Don't want that wooden spoon, again.

• 1 month later...

Certainly would be a big hit, no pun intended.

But money is definitely an issue, I'm pretty sure we won't be able to afford him.

Razzaq has had his time, wonder if someone like Aaron Finch or David Miller will be cheaper.

Team for this season then (doing this from memory so may have missed a few players):

Thornely

O'Brien

Eckersley

Burns

Cobb

Thakor

???

Henderson

Ireland

Buck

Hoggard

I know I'm missing Boyce and a few of the youngsters/new players but not quite sure which of them will play