Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Nick Knight excelled himself last night, Taylor clearly edged it to the keeper but old Knighty was positive that the bat hit the ground (after 5 replays showing the bat nowhere near the ground). He went on about some dust coming from the pitch (which, from a replay shown from a camera behind the stumps was caused by the Taylor's boot) and just wasn't having the possibility of an edge.

Eventually, 8/9 replays in, he finally admitted that it might've been a nick. And gets paid for this. Seriously?

Nick Knight excelled himself last night, Taylor clearly edged it to the keeper but old Knighty was positive that the bat hit the ground (after 5 replays showing the bat nowhere near the ground). He went on about some dust coming from the pitch (which, from a replay shown from a camera behind the stumps was caused by the Taylor's boot) and just wasn't having the possibility of an edge.

Eventually, 8/9 replays in, he finally admitted that it might've been a nick. And gets paid for this. Seriously?

As Nick Knight would say "I`m with you on this one" :D  

I was watching.... He really should think about moving to the IPL, he`d fit in well with that bunch of idiots  :rolleyes:

Edited by I am Rod Hull

Guest MattP

lol lol

He's awful. Really is. The way he says games and still 50-50 when its a 100-1 shot for one side is great.

As Nick Knight would say "I`m with you on this one" :D  

I was watching.... He really should think about moving to the IPL, he`d fit in well with that bunch of idiots  :rolleyes:

To be honest, he's not alone in not knowing what's going on at times.

There have been several occasions where the viewers have had more of an idea than the commentators in terms of edges, hotspot, bat hit ground/ pad, debatable catches etc.

Guest MattP

What is the common age to start playing cricket?

8-9 for me, a couple of trials at Leicestershire as a kid but not good enough unfortunately. Good bowler but not going didn't help.

Stopped at about 22, still love playing, no idea why I don't start again.

I remember i played a bit a juniors school, but never formed a team it was just a quick game in PE lessons. I remember once it was my turn to bat and the other kids started laughing, and what happens... i hit a six lol that shuts them up, plus i catched two wickets when fielding. I haven't played it in years to be honest, i remember me and my dad used to have a quick game, i was a better batsman than bowler, horrendous at bowling. In fielding i used to play silly mid-off.

To be honest though its quick difficult to find a team.

Edited by Leicesterpool

• 3 weeks later...

The LCCC is becoming a beyond a joke now...on the verge of another crushing defeat! This will be the fourth innings defeat of the year, has to be the record!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2013/engine/current/match/593591.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/teams/leicestershire/results

Edited by Hitesh