Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Jones is abit like Finn, takes wickets but is usually expensive. Used to always start the season well at Worcs before tailing off and being dropped.

I think he's out of contract at the end of the season, would be a decent addition to the squad if he can impress in Championship cricket.

Lancs getting 20 off their last over is inexcusable.

Don't know why Ireland bowled, he's another finished article like Sarwan. Should've given the over to Ben Raine.

Hmmm, another long season ahead and something seems very wrong down at the county. Again the Captain and overseas player Sarwan is absent and with Styris dealing with a family bereavement we were always up against it yet should have won just like against Northans with Ireland again taking most of the blame. The last 2 county championship defeats have been shocking the Gloucs one was an absolute joke and the declaration at tea must rank as one of the worst declarations in the clubs history,

Would not be surprised if the club part company with Sarwan who missed  most of last season and has done nothing this year.

Hmmm, another long season ahead and something seems very wrong down at the county. Again the Captain and overseas player Sarwan is absent and with Styris dealing with a family bereavement we were always up against it yet should have won just like against Northans with Ireland again taking most of the blame. The last 2 county championship defeats have been shocking the Gloucs one was an absolute joke and the declaration at tea must rank as one of the worst declarations in the clubs history,

Would not be surprised if the club part company with Sarwan who missed most of last season and has done nothing this year.

Imagine if they give him a new deal? That'll be it for me then, need changes!

A county like LCCC with such limited resources have to have an overseas player who plays in all formats of the game, Styris going home could not be avoided but why do we have Sarwan who is not even considered capable enough of playing in our T20 side? What a waste of an overseas spot. An overseas player should be our best player and capable of playing every format.

Oh and still no Redfearn.

A county like LCCC with such limited resources have to have an overseas player who plays in all formats of the game, Styris going home could not be avoided but why do we have Sarwan who is not even considered capable enough of playing in our T20 side? What a waste of an overseas spot. An overseas player should be our best player and capable of playing every format. Oh and still no Redfearn.

Said the same thing re overseas player earlier in this thread. Worcestershire tomorrow, my team would be: Smith, Robson, Eckersley, Redfern, Boyce, O'Brien, Taylor, Raine, Jones, Buck and Shreck ©. I'd leave out Cobb (50/50 between him and Smith), Sarwan and Ireland for obvious reasons, no spinner either. Shreck and Buck should be fit, the former I'd make skipper because he's vastly experienced and I think he'll manage our bowlers better.

Edited by riznarma

Said the same thing re overseas player earlier in this thread. Worcestershire tomorrow, my team would be: Smith, Robson, Eckersley, Redfern, Boyce, O'Brien, Taylor, Raine, Jones, Buck and Shreck ©. I'd leave out Cobb (50/50 between him and Smith), Sarwan and Ireland for obvious reasons, no spinner either. Shreck and Buck should be fit, the former I'd make skipper because he's vastly experienced and I think he'll manage our bowlers better.

O'Brien should be captain, agree about Sarwan but there is no way they will leave him out unfortunately. I also agree Redfern should play but I will be surprised if he is!

O'Brien is a good shout for captain and there are good younger players who deserve the chance to step up to the first team. The lack of ambition from the board is a shame, we seem to keep cutting and cutting costs and the way the T20 is set up this year  over a long period it looks like we wouldn't risk spending on overseas quality  players but even last year i cannot think the short term contract for Shakib cost that much. Now the county face more 20/20 home games with little to play for. The friday night thing was brought in to bring in the crowds and not being competitive may lose the county a few thousand bums on seats and that is major money for the county.

Some of the better players are out of contract this year and i can see an exodus unless steps are taken. Since our glory days of the late 90's good players have come through the ranks and we haven't been able to keep them. Stevens,Wright,Taylor,Allenby,Broad,Gurney are the back bone to a good side. lets keep positive and hope Thakor returns soon and Redfearn takes his chance along with this Jones chap.  

O'Brien is a good shout for captain and there are good younger players who deserve the chance to step up to the first team. The lack of ambition from the board is a shame, we seem to keep cutting and cutting costs and the way the T20 is set up this year  over a long period it looks like we wouldn't risk spending on overseas quality  players but even last year i cannot think the short term contract for Shakib cost that much. Now the county face more 20/20 home games with little to play for. The friday night thing was brought in to bring in the crowds and not being competitive may lose the county a few thousand bums on seats and that is major money for the county.

Some of the better players are out of contract this year and i can see an exodus unless steps are taken. Since our glory days of the late 90's good players have come through the ranks and we haven't been able to keep them. Stevens,Wright,Taylor,Allenby,Broad,Gurney are the back bone to a good side. lets keep positive and hope Thakor returns soon and Redfearn takes his chance along with this Jones chap.

Add Steve Kirby, Chris Liddle and David Masters to the list of players we once had. Amazing to think Darren Stevens was actually released by Leics, Kirby, a Wright not given the opportunity.

What's Abdul Razzaq doing at the moment? lol

I can't believe Phil Whitticase thought Gurney was too weak to bowl in Championship cricket, that's why he left the club even though we offered him a new deal, disgraceful management.

Edited by riznarma

I can't believe Phil Whitticase thought Gurney was too weak to bowl in Championship cricket, that's why he left the club even though we offered him a new deal, disgraceful management.

Whitticase has done a lot wrong recently yet appears to be unremovable due to his low wage demands. What he did to Thakor last season was nothing short of disgusting. 

Whitticase has done a lot wrong recently yet appears to be unremovable due to his low wage demands. What he did to Thakor last season was nothing short of disgusting.

That was ridiculous too. We're lucky that in between his management stints we've had James Whittaker and Tim Boon otherwise we'd have been in the position we are right now, many years ago.

Playing Worcs today who are unbeaten this season and at the top, very tough game but some fight would be nice. Definitely need a coach with a good playing background, Whitticase record is terrible.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/player/22417.html