Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Brilliant fightback from the lads today, really impressed with Sykes, glad he got amongst the wickets. I've been wanting him to play for a while instead of Naik, yet he's signed a 2 year contract, just shows the club is poorly run.

Good fightback but if we have played 2 spinners what will their spin attack make of it. Naik has hardly took a first class wcket this season and still no Thakor!

Decent spell by Young Buck got us back in and Sykes built on that. Once again though Naik seems to have been 'jiggered'....was going for five an over early on which, sadly, is par for his course.

At present we have the problem that to give Naik 15 overs is equivalent to gifting the oppo 75 or so runs without the worry of their losing any wickets!

Tomorrow?? Best hope is to keep Worcs to 350-360 max, then dig in and hope we can post around 270 ourselves. Gut feeling though is that they'll rack up nearer 400 and we'll reply with half that!

Agree with all of that.

We're not exactly a traditional cricket heartland though are we? Rugby union fans in Lancashire probably think the same of Sale whilst looking at the likes of Leicester and Northampton.

England as a whole is a traditional cricket heartland.

To be fair to Nathan Buck, in 8 games, he's taken 38 wickets which is the fourth highest in the whole of the second division behind Ajmal (SIXTY), Footit (41) and Hogan (40). Alongside Robson, he's been one of the high points of this season.

Both of them out of contract too...great!

Heard on the radio that Eckersley was officially approached by Worcestershire, but the conversation has now ended as they wouldn't agree to him being first choice wicket keeper batsman. Sounds like he is preparing to move on though. I presume we have offered him a new contract, but haven't heard that publicly.

Guest MattP

He'll be gone, why on earth would you hang around to continue to play here? Worcestershire rattling along, we'll be just after tea I imagine. Spinners being taken apart.

Ajmal with a 300+ lead, good luck guys.

Why is it that our bowlers consistently bowl out teams for reasonable scores in the first innings but always get taken apart in the second innings?

Because the batsmen under achieve, where we should have a healthy lead going into 2nd innings we end up with a lead of 20-40 runs or even a deficit

That's why I can't understand his 2 year deal, 1 might've been ok but I wouldn't have offered him that either. His batting has also gone downhill, from a genuine all rounder he looks like a real tailender. We have enough good spinning talent at the club in Sykes, Sayer, Collins even Redfern, all much better prospects. They're development will just be restricted with Naik staying. The bad thing is he's been very expensive, not even held one end up like you expect of spinner.

It is 4 years since we won away in the Championship and now 27 games without a win home or away. No prospect of that getting any better once we lose our few half decent players during the winter. I can see us losing first class status if this goes on many more seasons.

It is 4 years since we won away in the Championship and now 27 games without a win home or away. No prospect of that getting any better once we lose our few half decent players during the winter. I can see us losing first class status if this goes on many more seasons.

I would imagine questions are being asked regarding our first class status at the ECB, we are not competitive nor showing any signs of trying to change things so that we are. 4 seasons without an away win is shocking!