Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

The thing which pi*ses me off even more is that the club try and hide everything they are doing. Firstly, we play shite almost every game. Secondly, we always have some sort of behind the scenes issue. Thirdly, our lack of success is always put down to finance and not coaching, but we have no real knowledge of what the figures are and it doesn't seem like things will change for the better soon. I'm fed up with them to be honest, I feel like ignoring them for a couple of years and seeing where we are after that. Every year decent players become available from other counties but we just waste our resources on a crock of shite. We are seriously doomed! If it's so difficult to run the club, attract players etc then tell us how bad it is exactly so we don't get our hopes up over the winter.

Edited by RizLCFC

Defeats this season:

278 runs

9 wickets

9 wickets

234 runs

10 wickets

6 wickets

204 runs

Not one narrow defeat, either a draw or a thrashing so far :(

Sad thing is most of these thumpings were down to a shocking 3rd innings normally the opposition smashing us to all parts then blowing us away. Obviously the Glos defeat has got to the worst, cannot remember us ever making such a poor declaration.

The thing which pi*ses me off even more is that the club try and hide everything they are doing. Firstly, we play shite almost every game. Secondly, we always have some sort of behind the scenes issue. Thirdly, our lack of success is always put down to finance and not coaching, but we have no real knowledge of what the figures are and it doesn't seem like things will change for the better soon. I'm fed up with them to be honest, I feel like ignoring them for a couple of years and seeing where we are after that. Every year decent players become available from other counties but we just waste our resources on a crock of shite. We are seriously doomed! If it's so difficult to run the club, attract players etc then tell us how bad it is exactly so we don't get our hopes up over the winterI genuinely

I genuinely believe that the root cause can be traced back to Sarwan.  We spend money on an overseas player who clearly isn't fit and shouldn't be anywhere near the club.  Hopefully the money will be put to good use on a bowler next year as the batters have actually proved that they can bat in the first inns.  Overseas bowler and a kolpak batter from Australia or South Africa.  Anyone with a bit of bloody grit.

Cobb and Buck linked with a move to Northants, about sums us up really if we lost players to a county no bigger than us.

Eckersley will move back south, not sure about Robson or Thackor, maybe Warks for Thackor.

We are in a real mess, nothing will change though.

Eckersley already linked with Middlesex.

Defeats this season:

278 runs (36 runs behind after 1st Inns)

9 wickets (9 runs ahead after 1st Inns)

9 wickets (25 runs behind after 1st Inns)

234 runs (41 runs ahead after 1st Inns)

10 wickets (251 runs behind after 1st Inns)

6 wickets (85 runs behind after 1st Inns)

204 runs (41 runs behind after 1st Inns)

Not one narrow defeat, either a draw or a thrashing so far :(

I added the 1st innings lead/deficit in brackets after each one.  Only 1 game were we actually beaten heavily in the 1st innings (away at Surrey).  The others we competed and then capitulated when it came to the 2nd innings.  Someone needs to have a serious look at the physical and mental stamina of the team.

Guest MattP

No idea why anyone would want Cobb for LVCC anymore, no spring chicken and appalling averages now over a long period.

Eckersley will be a big miss. Next years team could be absolutely horrific.

It depends who we bring in to replace them. We need some experienced players, who can show leadership qualities both in their character and performances. I'm not bothered if players leave now, I'm more concerned about who we sign. The young players were always going to leave us eventually, but it gives us a fresh look to next season, if we can bring in a couple of experienced batsmen, a decent bowler and an overseas bowler we will do better next season.

Edited by RizLCFC
  • Like 1

Agree entirely with the above post, if our younger 'talent' leave so be it, I don't understand why some people think we will miss Eckersley so much, been a passenger all season and has hardly contributed. I do wonder if other counties will match the salaries our players who want to leave are on, may have to take a pay cut to further their ambitions at Northants etc.

I would be disappointed if Thackor left at such a young age other than that do we need to be worrying about losing players who have finished bottom of Div 2 for 2 seasons.

Interesting that the County seconds are doing so well, I put it down our whole squad being made up of average players who are too good for second team and not good enough for first team cricket.

They will be squad players at other counties, not starting every week like they do here even when they are badly off form. I'd only be disappointed to see Robson leave after just a season with us, but again, if he leaves then so be it, I'll get over it if we sign a decent replacement.

Guest MattP

Agree entirely with the above post, if our younger 'talent' leave so be it, I don't understand why some people think we will miss Eckersley so much

Fair point on this season, he does have a bit of class though. His form might be poor this year as he's been completely demoralised by those around him.

People have mentioned 5 or 6 players who could move on to better clubs. If those players are good enough for moves why is team performing so badly?

Same as football, people always pick out a player they think has talent and they can make them better. No matter how poor the side appears.

Another shambles. Heads need to roll starting with the Chief Executive or Chairman or whoever makes the big decisions. The coaches need to go too, with one man in charge of everything. They may be nice people but it's an embarrassment. 

Born and bred Leicestershire lads like Buck, Cobb and Thakor will be moving on at the end of the season as other counties can offer them a better chance of progression and will not mis-manage their injuries like we so pathetically have. I'm steering well clear of Grace Road until things change. 

Edited by Lionator

Thackor, Eckersley, Robson, maybe Wyatt, Boyce and Thornley, the rest have been secured again for another season or two.

Also Smith, Sarwan (thank God), Cobb, Ireland, Shreck & Buck.

I'm amazed that no one has questioned the club for having a squad of 22 of which 18 players were out of contract at the same time.  Would this be allowed to happen in any other team or business?

6 extended for 2015 / 2016 (7 including Sykes extension but he was already tied in for next year)

6 'negotiating' i.e. we are pleading with them to stay

5 where PFW is waiting to see who leaves before offering contracts.  'monitoring the situation' I think he told Daggers.

& Sarwan who will hopefully never be seen near the club again.