Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

They should've told the players to earn a new contract, openly in the media. Much like Leicester City did this season. The problem is, we don't have someone brave enough at Grace Road, like Terry Robinson, to make some big calls, it's all a bit too friendly and 'we don't have the money' for me, how can we have money if we spend it on shite like Sarwan, Thornely, Ireland, Boyce, Naik and even Shreck and Styris to some degree.

I don't think anything will change unless we are brave enough to get rid of Whitticase and the coaches, and give the reigns to somebody like Nixon, Simmons or Maddy. Passionate cricketers who love the club, who themselves have a good record in cricket, who can motivate the youngsters and get the best out of them.

I wonder who we will sign this winter. Can you imagine Whitticase ringing you up and wanting you to play for County, you'd be like hell no, but if that was any of the 3 I said above, you'd jump at the chance!

Edited by RizLCFC

They should've told the players to earn a new contract, openly in the media. Much like Leicester City did this season. The problem is, we don't have someone brave enough at Grace Road, like Terry Robinson, to make some big calls, it's all a bit too friendly and 'we don't have the money' for me, how can we have money if we spend it on shite like Sarwan, Thornely, Ireland, Boyce, Naik and even Shreck and Styris to some degree.

I don't think anything will change unless we are brave enough to get rid of Whitticase and the coaches, and give the reigns to somebody like Nixon, Simmons or Maddy. Passionate cricketers who love the club, who themselves have a good record in cricket, who can motivate the youngsters and get the best out of them.

I wonder who we will sign this winter. Can you imagine Whitticase ringing you up and wanting you to play for County, you'd be like hell no, but if that was any of the 3 I said above, you'd jump at the chance!

Simmons would be ideal imo and after the 2015 World Cup it'd be the perfect time to go after him.

Mark 'expert' Lawrenson, on 21 Jul 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

No other county would put up with the shambles of our overseas situation, Sarwan has hardly been on the field for us now for 2 seasons, why is being allowed to happen? Any other county would of replaced him by now.

I understand your frustration, but we're not allowed to simply rip up his contract, as tempting as that may be

Derbyshire don't have lots of money. Northants don't either. They managed to get promoted, we can barely lift ourselves off the bottom all season.

It's incredible we've won trophies whilst being so incompetent in the league, it's like Barnsley winning 3 FA Cups in the last 10 years.

Derbyshire don't have lots of money. Northants don't either. They managed to get promoted, we can barely lift ourselves off the bottom all season.

It's incredible we've won trophies whilst being so incompetent in the league, it's like Barnsley winning 3 FA Cups in the last 10 years.

Worcester don't have much money either, they're doing it this season too. No reason why we can't if the club was in the right hands.

Fair point. Where did Boyce come from?

I may have guessed with Boyce to be honest. Not sure whether he played when he was at school or uni.

Assuming he was up here because he's originally from the cheltenham / gloucester area isn't he?

Edited by Narborough Bod

Minor counties for Leics within 5 years unless something is done to change the shambles the club has become. Accepting mediocrity year after year and finishing bottom will only lead to the ECB asking what the point is of Leics. This is especially worrying now the England team are struggling because the finger of blame tends to get pointed at the county game not providing decent test players.

I don't understand any sports club that would seem to accept being bottom and a joke and not doing anything to turn things around.

Listened to fooking Whitticase on the radio today......Couldn't pile all the blame for yesterday's debacle onto the players quick enough......Took absolutely no responsibility for the clubs failings, just made the team culpable. I reiterate what I've said before, there is NO hope of progress or improvement whilst this ****** holds down his position as DOC.

He needs to be gone, hopefully with Sarwan holding his hand tightly!!!!!!

Whitticase long term could, sadly, lead to a Minor Counties status within a very few years!

totally agree with you i refuse to go to grace road until whiiticase has been removed from is position and the county for good

Minor counties for Leics within 5 years unless something is done to change the shambles the club has become. Accepting mediocrity year after year and finishing bottom will only lead to the ECB asking what the point is of Leics. This is especially worrying now the England team are struggling because the finger of blame tends to get pointed at the county game not providing decent test players.

I don't understand any sports club that would seem to accept being bottom and a joke and not doing anything to turn things around.

as i said in my last post totally agree

Broad, Maddy, Habib, Mullally, Ormond, Wells - England honours whilst at the club.

Taylor, Wright, Gurney - England honours within a couple of years of leaving.

Holding onto the players is and always has been the issue... But compared to numerous counties we churn out and huge amount of international players.

The set up currently is simply woeful though and drastic change is needed. That said, the players need to start showing some bollocks, they have no fight and cave in. Cricket more so than any other sport boils down to application a lot of the time and most of this crop, I don't think, are overly bothered one way or another! Come day four if we are batting its a case of when we fold not if, and that is down to not wanting it enough!