Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Wow. They chased it down with 9 balls to spare, Luke Wright hitting 153 off 66 balls. Incredible match

Fair play Sussex.

You ever go down Chelmo? Only went once while I lived down there. Had a class time though, decent little ground.

Good news, Sarwan is off and won't be back next season from what I've heard. He's flying back to the Caribbean soon, won't play any further part in this season, seems to me like we've paid him off. Also, Eckersley is almost certain to leave, not fussed though, one good season, very poor this year.

Edited by RizLCFC

Good news, Sarwan is off and won't be back next season from what I've heard. He's flying back to the Caribbean soon, won't play any further part in this season, seems to me like we've paid him off. Also, Eckersley is almost certain to leave, not fussed though, one good season, very poor this year.

Sarwan has had a laugh at the county's expense for 2 seasons, why has it taken so long for us to come to this descion?

It's pathetic.

There is also something wrong with team selection, playing Ireland who only bowled 1 over last night, unless he was injured what a waste of spot which could of been taken by a extra batsman.

Riz, thanks thats good news, as for Eckersley he has had a poor season. if he had performed fair enough but some of these players have to take some responsibility for the teams poor performances.

Riz, thanks thats good news, as for Eckersley he has had a poor season. if he had performed fair enough but some of these players have to take some responsibility for the teams poor performances.

If these players do leave they need to be very careful where they go, other counties won't put up with their mediocre performances like LCCC do and they will end up playing second team cricket. Look at Wayne White, regular for us but hardly gets a game at Lancs.

If these players do leave they need to be very careful where they go, other counties won't put up with their mediocre performances like LCCC do and they will end up playing second team cricket. Look at Wayne White, regular for us but hardly gets a game at Lancs.

and Wayne White was probably our best player at the time that he left. 

Followers of the club seriously need to start making a stand against the regime. Boycotting these 50-over matches would be a start. 

My team would be: Cobb, Smith, Robson, Eckersley, Thakor, O'Brien, Boyce/Styris (if cleared to play, we are trying to get him in for RL50 now Sarwan has gone) Taylor, Raine, Naik, Ireland/Shreck.

I'd like to pick Sheikh but I'm not sure where he would fit in. Ireland I think will do well in this form. Eckersley reluctantly picked. Wells I don't think is quite ready. Boyce there to steady the ship and give some energy in the field. Robson is aggressive enough to be in the team for me.

Edited by RizLCFC

Really don't know what Wells is doing in the team, he's not good enough for 50 over cricket yet. Buck got smashed around again, where were Taylor and Raine? Poor selection once again. Cobb injured too which doesn't help.

The Smith run out was the turning point in the Leics innings, after that all momentum was lost and in seemed that our intention was to make sure we batted the whole 50 overs, but we forgot we had to keep the scoreboard ticking. Poorly paced innings meant we were probably 30 runs short. Derbyshire cruised it, winning by 7 wickets with 29 balls left is pretty comprehensive.

Tom Moores (son of Peter) is in our academy and asked to start playing 2nd XI cricket, which PW refused to let him play in, so Notts took him on a 1 month trial to play 2nd XI cricket for them and last week he hit a 100 vs our 2nd XI. That's the shambles that are running/ruining LCCC.

Tom Moores will be the England keeper in 5 years, he's an incredible talent and we've just let him slip through PW's ineptness. Thakor and Eckersley have already signed elsewhere and Buck and Cobb are likely to move. It's beyond a joke, Mike Siddall is just as bad.

Tom Moores (son of Peter) is in our academy and asked to start playing 2nd XI cricket, which PW refused to let him play in, so Notts took him on a 1 month trial to play 2nd XI cricket for them and last week he hit a 100 vs our 2nd XI. That's the shambles that are running/ruining LCCC.

Tom Moores will be the England keeper in 5 years, he's an incredible talent and we've just let him slip through PW's ineptness. Thakor and Eckersley have already signed elsewhere and Buck and Cobb are likely to move. It's beyond a joke, Mike Siddall is just as bad.

Does this mean we have lost Tom Moores to Notts permanently? Shocking if we have! I am hoping he is still our academy player.