Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Can surely be the only reason Thakor isn't in the first team. That said County paid half his scholarship to Uppingham School, so if he leaves you'd have to question that investment, and indeed his loyalty

Also, the appalling way we managed his finger injury last year, which was also down to PW, could be a factor in him leaving.

Can surely be the only reason Thakor isn't in the first team. That said County paid half his scholarship to Uppingham School, so if he leaves you'd have to question that investment, and indeed his loyalty

Normally I would agree with the loyalty point, but why would anybody with a bright future ever want to stay at Leics at the moment?

It's such a sad state of affairs, a total mess.

PW has to be the problem the team selection is odd to say the least the Thakor situation is crazy really don't know why is hasn't featured in at least the last few t20 games and the management of his injury was shockingly  poor beyond belief. The county needs a major overhaul

After Shiv's injury, I don't think anyone can blame him. Wonder if he will get much cricket elsewhere though?

I wonder the same about Eckersley and the others who are out of contract soon, it's easy being picked by Leicestershire because we're shite, but you won't walk in to teams elsewhere, just like Wayne White has found out. Unless you have a genuine talent like Luke Wright, James Taylor and Harry Gurney (t20), you're going to struggle, and I don't think any of them have that. I can see Shiv batting well for Div 1 Championship and Cobb playing for England in t20, but that's it!

Why do you think Cobb will play for England in T20? His stats aren't that great, every county has a Cobb type who smashes it, but he needs to be taking scores of 20+ on and turning them into 50's. If he leaves could county not try and get Chesney Hughes as a like for like replacement?

I agree that Thackor will score runs in Div 1.

Eckersley could struggle especially if he moves to a Div 1 county, Div 1 bowling attacks are far better than the Div 2 attacks he has struggled against this season.

Buck will be fine away from Leics, not sure about Robson if he is sensible he will stay at Leics and learn his trade in Div 2 before seeking a move elsewhere.

• Like 1

Why do you think Cobb will play for England in T20? His stats aren't that great, every county has a Cobb type who smashes it, but he needs to be taking scores of 20+ on and turning them into 50's. If he leaves could county not try and get Chesney Hughes as a like for like replacement?

I agree that Thackor will score runs in Div 1.

Eckersley could struggle especially if he moves to a Div 1 county, Div 1 bowling attacks are far better than the Div 2 attacks he has struggled against this season.

Buck will be fine away from Leics, not sure about Robson if he is sensible he will stay at Leics and learn his trade in Div 2 before seeking a move elsewhere.

I think under a better coaching setup, and where he doesn't have pressure of captaining a poor side, Cobb will thrive in the one day format, not sure about LVCC. I'd like Robson to stay for at least 1 more season. Buck will struggle in the shorter form wherever he goes, he may be decent in LVCC Div 1 but he needs to continue developing. I'd like Greg Smith to stay too. Chesney Hughes I'm not sure about, he has that lazy West Indian element about him, we need 2/3 strong signings, he's a player we will probably be interested in though, the way we waste our money. Edited by RizLCFC

Looking at some of the quotes from the press release that Sarwan has returned home, it sounds like he might be back next season. I'll be on the verge of quitting LCCC if that happens until things change!

The whole thing needs ripping up and starting again!

1 top class overseas player, 2 genuine quality English players with a bit of fight about them one who will get 1000+ runs and the other 50 wickets. Build the side around them. Bibs, balls and cones Whiticase needs outting and the board need a kick up the arse with some fresh ideas. They can't even market T20 anymore.... Try something for fooks sake like kids go free, or bring your own booze?? No one is gonna flock in currently at best part of 20 notes to watch this shower!