Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

:nigel:

Unhappy Essex fan here, beaten by 11 men and 2 umpires - 3 LBW decisions looked absolutely shocking.

Fair play, everyone batted terribly but we were worse.

You deserve to have points docked for that performance but again Essex have previous :ph34r:

:nigel:

Unhappy Essex fan here, beaten by 11 men and 2 umpires - 3 LBW decisions looked absolutely shocking.

Fair play, everyone batted terribly but we were worse.

To be fair, I know Leicestershire are sh*t, but we have had our fair share of terrible decisions this season. 

Interesting interview with Josh Cobb on Radio Leicester today. He says he wants to stay at Leicestershire, hasn't spoken to any other clubs yet. He added that several others want to stay as well but together, they want Phil Whitticase and the rest of the board to bring in 2/3 quality, experienced players who can make a difference and help the younger players along. That needs to happen quickly and if it does, Cobb reckons he and a few others will stay, he said "we've had discussions on our contracts, we want some improvements from the board, the ball is in their court."

Interesting interview with Josh Cobb on Radio Leicester today. He says he wants to stay at Leicestershire, hasn't spoken to any other clubs yet. He added that several others want to stay as well but together, they want Phil Whitticase and the rest of the board to bring in 2/3 quality, experienced players who can make a difference and help the younger players along. That needs to happen quickly and if it does, Cobb reckons he and a few others will stay, he said "we've had discussions on our contracts, we want some improvements from the board, the ball is in their court.

They have to take a financial gamble. They can keep trundling along as they are doing or they can take a dip and get these 2/3 quality players and hope that it pays off.

Y'day sums up why this team frustrates and angers me. It's not as if they are no-hopers and useless. They could actually be a very good team but they have no self-belief whatsoever. Maybe Styris' influence helped them cross the line where usually they wouldn't have. 

Getting an overseas player who actually plays is a step in the right direction. Eckersley will defo leave, really hope Thackor, Smith, Buck and Cobb stay, not sure about Robson probably move south and play second team cricket.

We are desperate for at least one good opening bat, Will Jefferson has still not been replaced, our squad is littered with failed opening bats who now bat down the order.

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge within cricket that Eckersley is on his way. He was deep in talks with Middlesex, but I thought that had broken down as he wanted assurances he'd be their first choice keeper (!!!!!!!) - Apparently he has signed somewhere else though? Can anyone else confirm or deny this? Anyone know where he is going? 

Good bat who has struggled this year with having no one else he can trust to build a partnership with, but if he wants to keep, I'd be sticking with O'Brien, who I really like as a keeper (and potentially as our captain).

To the poster who said Robson would move south and play 2's cricket, no chance. Robson is reasonably well in with some of our senior players and I'd guess he senses the opportunity here, ie if he sticks at it, keeps his head down and averages any more than about 20, he'll probably play every week!

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge within cricket that Eckersley is on his way. He was deep in talks with Middlesex, but I thought that had broken down as he wanted assurances he'd be their first choice keeper (!!!!!!!) - Apparently he has signed somewhere else though? Can anyone else confirm or deny this? Anyone know where he is going? 

Good bat who has struggled this year with having no one else he can trust to build a partnership with, but if he wants to keep, I'd be sticking with O'Brien, who I really like as a keeper (and potentially as our captain).

To the poster who said Robson would move south and play 2's cricket, no chance. Robson is reasonably well in with some of our senior players and I'd guess he senses the opportunity here, ie if he sticks at it, keeps his head down and averages any more than about 20, he'll probably play every week!

What do you mean he is 'well in' with some of our senior players? I would imagine he is as he plays in the same team as them! And therefore if he senses his opportunity here how come he has yet to sign his contract?

As for your statement on Eckersley I have to disagree, he has not been in long enough himself to build partnerships with anyone else, a good bat will score runs even though wickets are falling at the opposite end, his keeping is not good enough to be a first choice keeper at the moment and if he is struggling batting against Div 2 bowlers how will he fare against far better Div 1 bowlers? He has been a massive disappointment this year and it has nothing to do with not trusting other players to build partnerships, it's because he keeps getting out lol

What do you mean he is 'well in' with some of our senior players? I would imagine he is as he plays in the same team as them! And therefore if he senses his opportunity here how come he has yet to sign his contract?

As for your statement on Eckersley I have to disagree, he has not been in long enough himself to build partnerships with anyone else, a good bat will score runs even though wickets are falling at the opposite end, his keeping is not good enough to be a first choice keeper at the moment and if he is struggling batting against Div 2 bowlers how will he fare against far better Div 1 bowlers? He has been a massive disappointment this year and it has nothing to do with not trusting other players to build partnerships, it's because he keeps getting out lol

I'm not sure how you are actually disagreeing with me. Eckersley has been disappointing this year and he certainly isn't good enough at this point to be a regular first choice keeper, in my opinion. It is far easier to make runs and set yourself up to bat time if you are not constantly worried there will be a collapse at the other end. Argue with me if you like, but there we are.

As for Robson, I'll decline to comment but the first XI don't just all constantly hang out together you know.

I am disagreeing with the point you made regarding the reason Eckersley is struggling this season is due to the fact that there is nobody he can trust to build partnerships with, we have got more batting points this season than last, so we have actually performed better as a batting unit than last season ( when Ned got all his runs) to say a batsman isn't scoring runs and keeps getting out because of lack of trust in other players is one of the worst excuses for bad form I have ever heard of, if that was the case he wouldn't of scored runs last season either! The 4 day game allows for selfish batting and I am sure a good batter would want to score runs whatever was happening at the other end. Personally I think the real reason Ned has struggled is his mind is elsewhere and he does not want to be playing for Leics, or last season was a one off and he has reverted back to the poor form which resulted in him never making it at Middlesex in the first place. Time will tell on that front.

These senior players Robson is 'in with' are they the same senior players who are also refusing to sign their contracts? Robson seems to be a bit of a loner from what I have seen.

Bowlers showed their inexperience at the death, such a shame, Raine got hammered around and Thackors first 2 deliveries of his penultimate over (4 wides and a Boyce miss field which went for 4) changed the outcome. The balance of the side is still not quite right, but getting closer. Really notice the difference when Div 1 bowling attacks come down to Grace Rd, far quicker than Div 2 bowlers. Brooks was class.