Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Have we been bowling under arm today, 44nb's and them hitting 550 at at RR of 6 is diabolical. I think it's time we had had a serious look at than management and coaching team, with a place like Loughborough on the doorstep we should be looking to use that. The new chairman has a huge job on his hands.

If we could get an overseas bowler I'd argue that Shreck, Freck and A.N.other would be better than Buck, Ireland and Shreck who haven't bowled teams out twice this year.

Hmm, did I really say that??

BBC Northampton reporting that Cobby will be staying for next season. 

I've heard that he's got offers from Northants and Yorks but is waiting until the end of the season to make up his mind.

Dependant on our overseas signings possibly.

One of our many problems this season has been the inability to tie an end down with controlled spin. Being illustrated right now. Jigar Naik has bowled 22 overs for 120 odd. Remarkably he has played 12 Championship matches this season, bowling in excess of 400 overs but taking just 17 wickets. Our reserve spinner Sykes has played 2 games in which he took 6 wickets. 

Surely Sykes should play in the final two games of the season in preference to Naik, whose confidence is perhaps shot to pieces?

One of our many problems this season has been the inability to tie an end down with controlled spin. Being illustrated right now. Jigar Naik has bowled 22 overs for 120 odd. Remarkably he has played 12 Championship matches this season, bowling in excess of 400 overs but taking just 17 wickets. Our reserve spinner Sykes has played 2 games in which he took 6 wickets.

Surely Sykes should play in the final two games of the season in preference to Naik, whose confidence is perhaps shot to pieces?

Exactly, I've been saying this about Naik for weeks. I can't understand why we keep on playing him, got blocked by him on twitter for saying he shouldn't have got a new 2 year contract!

apparenlty neil davidson could be back wasnt always popular but the man made some brave decisions maybe one if he comes back would be say bye bye to whitticase

As chairman? This would mean the current chairman standing down or being voted off! Not sure how it works but not sure whether he could just come back without being put to the vote.

Been told by someone that Whitticase and Ben Smith will leave at the end of the season. Andrew McDonald to come in as coach. 

Cosgrove and McKay being lined up too. 

That'd be pretty left wing with McDonald only being 33, plus I don't think it'd be wise to get rid of Smith unless of course, he wants to go of his own accord. 

I wonder if there's any Thai businessmen willing to invest in a cricket team?

Actually, there's plenty of well-off people of Indian or Pakistani origin in the city, why don't they come in and back the team? With our sub-continental links we should attract large crowds, which should attract decent players. Haven't been to County for a few years, what's going wrong?