Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

My experience is that the asian community has little interest in the purest form of the game. I guess having a decent team would help.

Lacking any sort of leadership throughout the club no real strong characters on the pitch and a dwindling interest from members. We need a competent CEO and a head coach that has some credability.

I heard that it is. Apparently changed his mind.

would not give a toss if he goes, he is captain ****ing shit at that and his batting ****ing awful. need a complete job from top to bottom to improve this club we are the  ****ing laughing stock of county cricket especially when players are joining derbyshire and northants 

• Like 1

Josh Cobb has signed for Northants today, Clint McKay deal looks like it may not happen, and we lose to Essex in 2 days, what a terrible day! Greg Smith likely to join Notts, has an offer on the table, Eckersley may stay, offer from Essex withdrawn.

Edited by RizLCFC

Josh Cobb has signed for Northants today, Clint McKay deal looks like it may not happen, and we lose to Essex in 2 days, what a terrible day! Greg Smith likely to join Notts, has an offer on the table, Eckersley may stay, offer from Essex withdrawn.

So we could end up keeping the 1 player (Eckersley) who has shown minimal interest in being here this season, what's the point? I am not concerned about a bunch of players who always lose leaving, my main concern is how are we going to attract suitable replacements to come to Leics? We would be the bottom county on every potential players list.

I think players turning there backs on the club is simply a reflection of the lack of bottle most of them possess. 

You can say its understandable with how the club is being run, but if that's the case the players should show some bollocks and say that when they do leave!

I think players turning there backs on the club is simply a reflection of the lack of bottle most of them possess. 

You can say its understandable with how the club is being run, but if that's the case the players should show some bollocks and say that when they do leave!

It's very easy to say that but some of these players need some guidance. I know for a fact that one of the players that is leaving, is leaving because he felt that the club treated him like utter crap. I won't go into the details but these are players with Leicestershire blood and would love nothing more than to play for their home county but for their own sakes, it is better for them to move on to further their careers before the management at County ruins them further. 

It's very easy to say that but some of these players need some guidance. I know for a fact that one of the players that is leaving, is leaving because he felt that the club treated him like utter crap. I won't go into the details but these are players with Leicestershire blood and would love nothing more than to play for their home county but for their own sakes, it is better for them to move on to further their careers before the management at County ruins them further. 

I do understand that and agree to a certain degree, but in a game that is made up of individual performances irrespective of what is going on off the pitch if you have ability you should be able to display that either by digging in and getting some runs or taking wickets. Spitting your dummy out and saying they don't treat me well doesn't really wash. They are in a very fortunate position and should show some application.

This may yet turn out to be the low point. Evidently as many as half the first term have been contemplating moving to pastures new next season. That must mean they haven't been fully focussed on representing their current employer.

Somehow we need to find an experienced batter in his early 30s who can captain us for the next three years or so. That and a new coach. But persuading people to come to Grace Road is going to be hard as hell.

I just hope that come April next season we have a nucleus of 15 first team players committed to playing for Leicestershire rather than plotting their way out. It may be a Club struggling like mad at the moment, but it has a fine tradition, and deserves to have 11 people giving their all whenever they cross the boundary rope. Too often that clearly has not been the case this season.

Fucking hell, it's that serious?

God, these are concerning times for a proud, historic county club :( A county that has won 11 major trophies in it's life, including three Championships and recently the best T20 team in England.

And it could be playing Suffolk and Lincolnshire instead of Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire in two years.

Edited by Corky

Our one saving grace is how many England players we have produced recently surely.

Who was the last one? Gurney? Only Broad has been a regular for England that we've produced.

I see your point but the authorities will look at a club who wins 1 Championship match a season (and we won't even manage that this season) and wonder what we are doing. If they look to cut county numbers, or give a top Minor County a go, we'll be first in line to be shoved out.

Edited by Corky

BBC Radio Northampton's Chris Egerton:

"Northants now look set for the worst points score in a Division One season, unless they can beat Sussex next week, and after Leicestershire subsided against Essex on Tuesday, this was just as pitiful.

"While there will be some who question whether they should have first-class status after performances like this, there are those who wonder whether counties like Northants and Leicestershire will get proper financial reward for producing England players of the future, who then move on to pastures new."

I have been told that the ECB have effectively got rid of Siddall because the club is a mess. Given two years to sort it out or first class status to be removed.[/quote

Is your source reliable? This would probably explain why the ECB are trying to get there own man in as Cheif. Other counties sitting back enjoying the mess at Leics beware, if we disappear then attention will fall on the next struggling county.

Hi, I'm new here so be gentle.

First of all what a shambles. A new coaching staff is needed as a must. Whitticase has lost the dressing room. The battings ok and an improvement on last year so they should retain Ben Smith but the bowling woeful. Naik should have been put in the 2's to regain confidence weeks ago with Sykes coming in. He now looks broken. Very weak management. And look at the leaving statements of Thakor and Buck, not a good word to say.

The club needs root and branch reform at administrative level. They have simply been left behind and look amateurish. It's no point blaming finances as other clubs similarly have to cut their cloth.

The plus points? Our two best batsmen are still here in Robson and O'Brien. Shreck's ok but needs assistance helping younger bowlers. The 2's, bizarrely are going for a clean sweep. We remain a very good production line. We've also actually performed better than last year due to the batting point in the 1's.

However, mediocrity is turning into defeatism and defeat being acceptable.

A coach such as Gillespie would be a revelation. A highly respected and relatively young ex pro looking for a challenge. What's Nixon doing?

No more overseas Shoite. Oh for an inspirational Phil Simmons.

It's broken but fixable. When you look at the county championship over 20 years Somerset have been bottom, and Notts. Two of the darling clubs. Staring down the barrall of 2 years with no win is horrendous but it can be turned around with the right people behind the scenes.

Instead of threatening to hoof us out the ECB should be helping. Otherwise no more talent and as mad as it sounds it would be the England team that suffer bearing in mind what we are producing at youth level.

The ECB should be putting us in special measures, bringing someone in with admin know how to help turn the ship around.

Thakor? A loss but promise rather than the real deal. Buck? The same but with injury lay offs. Cobb, was turning into a real player but still averages less than 30 in the four day format.

What goes around comes around. With the correct management structure we could be looking down on Northants, Derbyshire and Lancs within 5 years.