Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

• 2 weeks later...

Dagnall seemed amazingly sympathetic towards Whitticase on the rad today and quite antagonistic towards LCCC. Maybe Phil is a friend of his, otherwise I'm quite surprised!

This. I thought exactly the same although I guess that now he's leaving RL he can give the county a send off for sacking his mate and not worry about comeback.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to juggle appointments this morning so I could listen to the whole 'Wasim Khan phone-in'  on RL. Glad I did!

What a breath of fresh air this man is. Came across as determined but realistic. Was notably polite when answering callers questions, (even the creepy 'stalker' sounding woman :)  :)  :) !

Certainly not letting the grass grow under his feet, what with having a general club sponsor and a separate stadium sponsor already lined up.

Some of his ideas regarding getting bodies into Grace Road were heartening too. Sounds like WK is determined to get LCCC breathing again......Cautiously optimistic for the summer!!

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Too much damage done in the past few years but stick with him and I'm convinced we'll compete again within the next 3-5 years. Anything before then would be a bonus.

• 1 month later...

I just want us to sign Cosgrove now and then if we can pick up anyone else with a bit more know how for the younger lads and we are set. Saw Niall's (O'Brien) brother Kevin is avaliable after leaving Surrey and he has always been someone I think could do a job for us. Just one or two more as I say and I think the good times will start coming back home. :)

(Despite being an 'unfashionable' county, we are a very proud one).

Wasim Khan's sharpened the whole place up.

New website. New sponsors. Intent in the media. Good deal packages for the first T20. An online club shop coming.

All standard stuff that was lacking in the past.

All it needs is a couple of signings to spread the positivity on the pitch.

Looking forward to the season for the first time in a while.