Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Those two late wickets have made this look very interesting...IF we could have a good morning session things might get very interesting late on..

Any sort of run chase looks more inviting if Cosgrove's in your line-up!

Agreed, a couple of early wickets and get them all out not long after lunch with maybe approx 260 to chase, potentially it could happen. Whatever happens it's been a good game and we have showed great spirit.

Not bad at all. Some promising bowling signs in the second innings and all bar Redfern getting a confidence boosting knock on the board. Still worry about the ability to clean up a tail but hopefully McKay's arrival will bring the extra added experience and quality to that.

It'll be great to have Rob Taylor and Clint McKay in the side next game, will make a big difference to our attack.

I like Redfern, it's a shame for him that we have no other openers in the squad, bar Boyce, who isn't good enough, forcing Redfern to bat out of position.

It'll be great to have Rob Taylor and Clint McKay in the side next game, will make a big difference to our attack.

I like Redfern, it's a shame for him that we have no other openers in the squad, bar Boyce, who isn't good enough, forcing Redfern to bat out of position.

Assume Eckersley didn't fancy making the step up?

I think Eckersley's got the potential to be a top county three. Look what openings doing to Trott.

The balance is great with Ned followed by Cosgrove who looks very assured. Pinner looks like he's got backbone as I imagine he was well under the cosh for the first 10 overs today. If he does well the battings strong with Robson up front. Hopefully Redfern's given a proper run to grow into the role.

Also, Richard Rae had an interview with Cosgrove at the end. He took the draw with a bit of regret. Expect him to try and chase totals and back his bowlers to go for wins rather than take the conservative option if its sensible.

Could be a great captain.

I think Eckersley's got the potential to be a top county three. Look what openings doing to Trott.

The balance is great with Ned followed by Cosgrove who looks very assured. Pinner looks like he's got backbone as I imagine he was well under the cosh for the first 10 overs today. If he does well the battings strong with Robson up front. Hopefully Redfern's given a proper run to grow into the role.

I agree, and wouldn't want Eckersley to get mucked about from being settled in his current slot, but all number threes should be capable openers too. After all they can end up facing before number two.

Personally I think it's a good move and suspect red fern was brought in originally with opening in mind. He can be patient and has a sound technique. Providing he has the resolve then I think he and Robson is a good option. I was disappointed to see Greg smith go if I'm honest - but I think red fern deserves a bit of time and see how it goes.

The only other option for me would be Niall Obrien, but he's really a limited overs opener when he's done it in the past. Certainly plays with zero fear and 100% application though.

Boyce is busted flush.

Interesting this season to see how the players get on who left us last year, we will find out now if they were truly good enough, so far Buck and Smith are not even making their new counties sides, Thackor out for 0 and 4 in his first Championship game for Derby and Cobb got 0 and 50 odd for Northamptonshire. Was it Leicestershire who were stunting the players development or were they never consistently good enough anyway?

Interesting this season to see how the players get on who left us last year, we will find out now if they were truly good enough, so far Buck and Smith are not even making their new counties sides, Thackor out for 0 and 4 in his first Championship game for Derby and Cobb got 0 and 50 odd for Northamptonshire. Was it Leicestershire who were stunting the players development or were they never consistently good enough anyway?

Bucks returning from a thigh injury 

Far too early to say after they have played either 1 game or haven't played for there county team yet. Think Shiv will be an excellent player for Derbyshire, cobby will do ok for Northants, smith wont ever play for Notts and buck will take wickets in ddivision 2. Think sgiv from watching him play for a lot of his career in club and county cricket has the ability to play international cricket one day.

Thakors a loss and to an extent Buck although he's had his fair share of injuries.

Cobb and Smith flattered to deceive. Both average well below 30 in the four day game and we need better than that. We now have it in Cosgrove. I was more important to keep hold of OB, Eckersley and Robson.

Good that Raines extended his contract as he looks a great prospect.