Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

County are making a real effort this season, but definitely lack that killer touch when they have teams on the ropes.

When I went back to work fom lunch and Glams 6 down thought we would be chasing 225 ish. Just checked again, should have known better! Not over yet.

Hope they can make a fist of the chase. Getting 250+ here even in loss would at least show further signs of progress too often they'll just get rolled for naff all here.

20/1, as shanetko said, a decent knock would be progress considering in this position, we're usually skittled for about a buck fifty.

I'd take 225+.

60/3. Even 200 looking unlikely. Sigh.

I can't see us getting these runs at all, probably get close and raise hopes again but then collapse and lose by 40 odd runs. Selection wise, some brave decisions need to be made.

What do you have in mind selection wise? Are there better options waiting in the wings? A really high quality overseas batsman would make a huge difference. Sadly, it looks like Cosgrove is past his best.

What do you have in mind selection wise? Are there better options waiting in the wings? A really high quality overseas batsman would make a huge difference. Sadly, it looks like Cosgrove is past his best.

Well, I'd remove Jigar Naik from the Championship squad, he's been here for 10 years, we've only seen 1 good season from him, that was 2/3 years ago, his batting ability has diminished too it seems, he's just not good enough for the longer form of the game, we need to realise that and pick others on merit rather than pick him because he's been here for ages.

Get Sykes in, what harm will it do? Or play a 4th seamer. Also, I don't think Tom Wells is good enough yet. Let him develop in T20 and 40 over formats, but he's not a 4 day cricketer. He should be replaced by Hill, Redfern or Pinner, all who haven't been given a run in the side that they deserve. The former, Hill, scored a 100 as an opener against Surrey, why on earth is he not in the side?

Getting rid of Jigar and Wells, will allow us to strengthen the batting as well as play a 4th seamer, rather than an ineffective off break bowler, who picked up 8 wickets against Lancashire because they were trying to slog him out the park, and Tom Wells, a very expensive raw part time bowler, who isn't contributing with the bat.

Edited by RizLCFC

Think we've finally sorted out the opening partnership with Boyce and Robson, even if Robson hasn't been in the greatest run of form he's still our best opener. Eckersley and Cosgrove's form is slightly worrying but I think they've got enough in them to play themselves out of it. 

I'd like to see Redfern or Hill come back in for Wells. McKay, Shreck and Raine are taking enough wickets between them to suggest we don't need Wells' part-time bowling. Redfern/Hill to come in at 4 with Cosgrove moving down to 5 a possibility? 

Jigar has down wonderfully in the t20 so far but as Riz has said he's been extremely expensive so far in the County Championship so far and he's almost 31, think bringing Sykes in is probably a good idea. 

Agree with giving Sykes a run and one of Redfern or Hill.

We've lost 6 but 4 of those have been against the best two teams in the divisikn and today against the divisions form team who we won't be playing again.

It's a two tier division this year and we should, hopefully, more than compete against Kent at home next up.

The batters aren't performing. Hopefully that's temporary as we can now bowl teams out. I reckon we have at least 2 more owns this year.

You'd be disappointed if we don't beat 2 of Gloucs, Kent, Essex and Derbyshire at home.

Edited by Hooky

Although we are losing a lot there are some positives to take unlike the last few seasons, there has been 3 or 4 times this season when we have lost games where we have been in a position where we could of won, inability to bowl out tail Enders has cost us a victory on a number of occasions, which leaves the batters chasing a winning score of 350+ instead of 250.

Although we are losing a lot there are some positives to take unlike the last few seasons, there has been 3 or 4 times this season when we have lost games where we have been in a position where we could of won, inability to bowl out tail Enders has cost us a victory on a number of occasions, which leaves the batters chasing a winning score of 350+ instead of 250.

Too much pressure on McKay, Shreck and Raine, which they are dealing with really well. Not been backed up once by Jigar yet this season.

Too much pressure on McKay, Shreck and Raine, which they are dealing with really well. Not been backed up once by Jigar yet this season.

And if we continue to bat for short periods and not give them a proper rest, they'll be knackered before we're 2/3 through the season. What's your champ team for the next game then Riz?