Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

I can't reveal any names I'm afraid. The 3 players we want, one is a South African batsman who we are trying to sign as a Kolpak player, the other is a young talented English wicket keeper, and lastly a former fox to return.

Also, the last 2 depend pretty much on us getting rid of 1 member of our squad, which we are trying to do. Sorry I can't give you any names, otherwise I'll never be able to tell you anything.

Should be a busy morning tomorrow at the club, several announcements to be made.

Chris Lewis to return, now he is a free agent...

I can't reveal any names I'm afraid. The 3 players we want, one is a South African batsman who we are trying to sign as a Kolpak player, the other is a young talented English wicket keeper, and lastly a former fox to return.

Also, the last 2 depend pretty much on us getting rid of 1 member of our squad, which we are trying to do. Sorry I can't give you any names, otherwise I'll never be able to tell you anything.

Should be a busy morning tomorrow at the club, several announcements to be made.

I assume from this that it's White and Duckett (or another) that we're trying to get and Nobby the one we're trying to get rid of since White and O'Brien were rumoured not to like each other. A few points from this...

A) White is clearly talented but has an attitude problem and likes his beers a bit too much.  Do you want us to go back to the days of them all spending there time in Terrace bar, being pissed and getting arrested?  Can't see McDonald or Khan standing for that.

B) If it is Duckett then why on earth would he leave Northants, especially as he's being touted as having a big future.  More likely to end up at Notts. isn't he?

C) You're not throwing a wildcard with the South African Kolpak are you (i.e. a South African born Kiwi who's already played for us...)

D) I hope your source isn't Fangofox.....

E) My original assumption may be wrong. Fango has also mentioned Stevens, that young up and coming player!!

• Like 1

Its going to be Greg Smith surely?

The whole Greg Smith loan worries me.  Why take a step back unless they were tempted to re-sign him (if Notts. decided he wasn't up to their standard and considered cancelling his contract).  And with Boycey now gone we're really short on openers.

The player rumoured to be coming back is Josh Cobb based on the fact that he's best friends with Andrew Mcdonald but according to Jay Thakor won't happen to the end of Cobb's contract next year.No chance of Nobby leaving been out best player again this year and a better team man you will not find a fantastic guy to boot no chance of White coming back hear Redfern to be released at the end of the season

I assume from this that it's White and Duckett (or another) that we're trying to get and Nobby the one we're trying to get rid of since White and O'Brien were rumoured not to like each other. A few points from this...

A) White is clearly talented but has an attitude problem and likes his beers a bit too much. Do you want us to go back to the days of them all spending there time in Terrace bar, being pissed and getting arrested? Can't see McDonald or Khan standing for that.

B) If it is Duckett then why on earth would he leave Northants, especially as he's being touted as having a big future. More likely to end up at Notts. isn't he?

C) You're not throwing a wildcard with the South African Kolpak are you (i.e. a South African born Kiwi who's already played for us...)

D) I hope your source isn't Fangofox.....

E) My original assumption may be wrong. Fango has also mentioned Stevens, that young up and coming player!!

Haha I have spoken with Fango, he does know a lot about the goings on at the club, but he's not my only source. The Kolpak player could be Grant Elliott, but there is another South African on the radar.

Duckett wants to be the main WK which Northants don't fancy him doing as they have Rossington too, both quality. They prefer Duckett opens for them. Also, if he is to move, wants it to be within the Midlands area to a county where he will be first choice, and we obviously, are interested in him. Bigger clubs may well be too, but they have good keepers anyway.

Wayne White doesn't get on with certain individuals at the club, if they leave, he will consider coming back. The drinking issues weren't just his alone, we had, back then and still now, a young bunch of lads who still enjoy going out on the lash, but things are a lot more stricter now Wasim and Macca are here.

NOB is a decent LVCC wicket keeper, and an even better guy, but it's about time we move on, we are looking to improve in all areas. Stevens may not be young, but he'd be a brilliant player to have on our books, he's still a match winner in all forms, and an improvement on our current options.

I think the main area we need to sort out is the opening batsman. We need a steady influence at the top. Stephen Peters was my suggestion last year, not sure who else could be out there with a similar pedigree.

Stevens would be perfect but only a short term measure as he is approaching 40! Still a class act though.

Would be nice to have an out of contract cricketer website to see who could be available.