Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

The shot selections are just wrong. They were wrong against Lancs, and yet last night, they made similar mistakes again. Just when we start to turn things round in the County Championship, the Twenty20 form goes out the window!!

Another hammering (by Twenty20 standards).

It's not as if we're losing by the odd run, these are big defeats - have they even bothered practising this form of the game in recent weeks?

Apart from the county championship form (but take away Ackerman and where would we be...?) there seems to be quite a lot that still needs sorting out within LCCC. This looks like one year too far for Snape, apart from sporadic bursts of wickets Allenby can't buy a run at the moment, Du Toit hasn't exactly set the world on fire, and I expected much more from Dipenaar. I'd hoped Tom New would push on to the next level, but after a few good scores earlier on, this isn't happening.

We only seem to have three or four individuals performing at their peak in any one game, when it needs to be nearer six or seven. Let's hope Ackerman's form holds...

Yes we are not performing to our usual high standards in twenty20 this season, i feel this is because our batsman have been getting out to cheap shots and also other teams have gradually taken this compitition more seriously and therefore they are catching and over taking us.

But so far this season has been fantastic ! To see where we have come from last season it is abserlutly great.

I just hope we can turn the twenty20's around and hopefully still qualify but i really hope they dont affect our chapionship and 1 day form.

Why not retire after Derbyshire in the last game? Or does Notts have a significant meaning for him (the 2006 final) maybe? I'm finding it more and more difficult to get behind county these days, the increase year on year in Kolpak signings to Grace Road is really making me lose my affinity for the players and team. At least The Badger's still around...

Snape has retired! He will be playing his last home game against Notts on Tuesday.

Shame, Snape has been a good servant to this club of the past few years. Hope he has a good career in whatever he does after cricket.

Another loss today. We didn't set a decent target, again. >_<

Made worse by the constant reminders that Warks haven't lost in the Twenty20 yet. :angry:

Just a quick question, anyone know if you're still allowed to take booze into Grace Road? I'm taking some mates to their first cricket match on Friday and can't remember what the restrictions were.

nope , not any more