Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Wasa good win.

Decent night even if i was with Jamie <_< :lol:

Lisa, Cobbo, Scoweh and Katie (the snob :P) unfortunatly had to put up with me for the 2nd inings but were sound asa pound, and i enjoyed it lol

I get a bit snobby when people spell my name wrong :cool:

County Championship started again today and we've started as if it were the twenty20!

72-6!!

Bloody hell.

:frusty:

Come on lads, sort it out!!

Looks like the game is already over, unless there's some seriously bad weather on the horizon. Apart from the fact that Worcs have a fine bowling attack, I'm wondering what effect the Twenty/20 debacle and the Friends Provident exit has had on morale.

Oh, and the arrival of this loan bowler from Lancs, Smith, what's that about? I thought that the main sweetener to compensate for the Kolpak contingent was the fact that our homegrown youngsters would be getting valuable experience by playing alongside them. I hope that things aren't going off the rails.

Oh, and the arrival of this loan bowler from Lancs, Smith, what's that about? I thought that the main sweetener to compensate for the Kolpak contingent was the fact that our homegrown youngsters would be getting valuable experience by playing alongside them. I hope that things aren't going off the rails.

Exactly. I am sick of explaining this to the other half.

Looks like the game is already over, unless there's some seriously bad weather on the horizon. Apart from the fact that Worcs have a fine bowling attack, I'm wondering what effect the Twenty/20 debacle and the Friends Provident exit has had on morale.

Snape arrived back and went straight into the team for the Essex game and had no impact. Then our 20/20 season went down the pan. Good servant but his mind was obviously elsewhere. Did we change a winning team just for the sake of it?

Smith comes into the team and does sod all in the championship. Now I assume that du Preez is injured, but it must be a smack in the face for Cummins and Rowe when we get a loan player in before them.

Or...are they also injured / are we looking to sign Smith permanently next season?

Sod it though, we're still in the top 4 of the championship with Derby up for a tanking next week.

And hopefully they'll use the pro 40 to blood the youngsters properly.

Snape arrived back and went straight into the team for the Essex game and had no impact. Then our 20/20 season went down the pan. Good servant but his mind was obviously elsewhere. Did we change a winning team just for the sake of it?

Smith comes into the team and does sod all in the championship. Now I assume that du Preez is injured, but it must be a smack in the face for Cummins and Rowe when we get a loan player in before them.

Or...are they also injured / are we looking to sign Smith permanently next season?

Sod it though, we're still in the top 4 of the championship with Derby up for a tanking next week.

And hopefully they'll use the pro 40 to blood the youngsters properly.

Yes du-preez is injured but should be fit for the derby game. Kruger has been poor because he has been strugling with a knee injury so Smith was brought in for cover. Cummins did have a back problem so thats why he ahsnt been playing and im not sure about Rowe.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing Essex at Grace Road in the Pro 40 today - batted first and have put a very good 255 on the board for 6 in the end.

Just hope Napier doesn't find his 6 form that he had in the twenty20!!

50's for Boyce, Dippenaar & Nicko with Allenby getting 46 from 35 balls at the end.

Poor captaincy by the sound of it.

One over too many for Rowe and one too few for Allenby. Why on earth an inexperienced bowler like Rowe was bowled towards the death, while Allenby - one of our most experienced and economical bowlers - didn't even use his full quota, is beyond me. This has cost us the victory, simple as.

Anyone going to the Warwickshire game on tuesday night ? Dazza should be back for them after his injury :(

It starts too early for me. :(