Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea what's going on with overseas / kolpaks for next year?

Which of Ackerman, Dipps. Henderson, Kruger, du Preez and du Toit will still be here / eligible?

Ackerman has another year on his contract so he should be staying. Dipps has been such a let down and i think he only had a one year deal. Henderson is the spin coach so i think he will stay, and he deserves to after a great season for him. Kruger has huge injury problems and blows abit hot and cold but i think he has a year or two left on his contract. Du Preez i hope stays as he has impressed and du toit well i think he deserves another season.

Ackerman has another year on his contract so he should be staying. Dipps has been such a let down and i think he only had a one year deal. Henderson is the spin coach so i think he will stay, and he deserves to after a great season for him. Kruger has huge injury problems and blows abit hot and cold but i think he has a year or two left on his contract. Du Preez i hope stays as he has impressed and du toit well i think he deserves another season.

Are any of them likely to be 'England qualified' next year (ie we can get away with them if the Kolpak rules change). I think du Toit may be as he's married to a brit but I don't know of the others...

Are any of them likely to be 'England qualified' next year (ie we can get away with them if the Kolpak rules change). I think du Toit may be as he's married to a brit but I don't know of the others...

Yeah i think du toit will qualify. Also do Henderson and Ackerman cound as they have lived here for over 5 years?

Yeah i think du toit will qualify. Also do Henderson and Ackerman cound as they have lived here for over 5 years?

Exactly what I was thinking, then wondered if Henderson / Ackerman would play in South Africa as foreigners???

But then, they hardly have hundreds of overseas players in their game anyway so probably not a problem.

This years players awards went to -

HD Ackerman : Livingstone award for batting in the first XI , cricketer of the year, supporters’ player of the year and the players’ player of the year.

Josh Cobb : outstanding individual performance in the first XI.

Nadeem Malik : Frank S Smith bowling trophy

Boeta Dippenaar : Roger Goadby fielding award

Greg Smith : outstanding performance in the second XI

Kruger wont be staying next year as he feels that south african and English season's together are to much for him.

This years players awards went to -

HD Ackerman : Livingstone award for batting in the first XI , cricketer of the year, supporters’ player of the year and the players’ player of the year.

Josh Cobb : outstanding individual performance in the first XI.

Nadeem Malik : Frank S Smith bowling trophy

Boeta Dippenaar : Roger Goadby fielding award

Greg Smith : outstanding performance in the second XI

Kruger wont be staying next year as he feels that south african and English season's together are to much for him.

Some West Indian dude has signed a 2 year contract and we're talking to another fast bowler.

• 5 weeks later...

By the way, know he didn't have a particularly decent game yesterday and spends a little too much time at the buffet, but how did we ever let Samit Patel slip through our fingers? He's a Leicester lad according to cricinfo...

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/stanfordtwe...ayer/18632.html

EDIT: He went to Worksop College, that probably explains it... :blush:

Edited by A Fox in Essex

• 1 month later...