Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

This is an interesting piece on LCCC in this months Wisden. Gives hope for the future :thumbup:

Leicestershire Cricket

Totally agree about Kruger. Tosser....

It's a shame that there aren't more state schooled youngsters in the pipeline, but admittedly Oakham School and Loughborough University are two fantastic local breeding grounds for young players.

Yes i can see this too but at least they will be briging through some very good youngsters.

Maybe we've gone a full circle and will get back to rge mid 90's with a few journey men and serval home grown youngsters. Just need a top quality oversees player who takes us to his heart...

I remember Sussex being shite for 2-3 years while they brought in all of their youngsters but they've got a bit more cash than us unfortunately. Look at what they achieved though.

Maybe we've gone a full circle and will get back to rge mid 90's with a few journey men and serval home grown youngsters. Just need a top quality oversees player who takes us to his heart...

I remember Sussex being shite for 2-3 years while they brought in all of their youngsters but they've got a bit more cash than us unfortunately. Look at what they achieved though.

Most county fans would agree that that's the ideal five year plan, it's going to take time to recover. Though I'd pretty much take anything above the current shower of (Kolpak) shite we're stuck with at present.

Freddy Krugar is a c-nut. Not seen keen on him and his hat. Never will be either.

Club's going backwards, and Boon's more interested in developing young cricketers. So, how will our first team fare? We won't. Another disastrous season is also on the cards. :rolleyes:

Freddy Krugar is a c-nut. Not seen keen on him and his hat. Never will be either.

Club's going backwards, and Boon's more interested in developing young cricketers. So, how will our first team fare? We won't. Another disastrous season is also on the cards. :rolleyes:

Well let's face it, it's bound to get worse before it gets better as the Kolpaks get phased out, but I'd rather watch good young cricketers learning their trade at first class level week in, week out, for Leicestershire, than watch a team of players who don't give a shit and are only in it for a big pay packet.

Well let's face it, it's bound to get worse before it gets better as the Kolpaks get phased out, but I'd rather watch good young cricketers learning their trade at first class level week in, week out, for Leicestershire, than watch a team of players who don't give a shit and are only in it for a big pay packet.

You've a good point. The only overseas or koplak i would keep are Hendo and HD Ackerman. They've performed for the past 2 seasons and have another season in them. Other than that, no to kolpaks or overseas. We need experienced cricketers to help the inexperience.

Josh Cobb is one lad we should keep hold of. Potential. And he showed it at Lords vs Middlesex with his ton. Marvellous achievement.

You've a good point. The only overseas or koplak i would keep are Hendo and HD Ackerman. They've performed for the past 2 seasons and have another season in them. Other than that, no to kolpaks or overseas. We need experienced cricketers to help the inexperience.

Josh Cobb is one lad we should keep hold of. Potential. And he showed it at Lords vs Middlesex with his ton. Marvellous achievement.

I'd agree with HD certainly.

Ah yes Cobby, happy memories of beating his all-conquering Kibworth CC under 13s team as a kid. :D

I'd agree with HD certainly.

Ah yes Cobby, happy memories of beating his all-conquering Kibworth CC under 13s team as a kid. :D

Not so keen on Hendo?

Haha. Never come across him on the cricket field. But did beat his Kibby to get to the Midlands Knockout Comp :)

Not so keen on Hendo?

Haha. Never come across him on the cricket field. But did beat his Kibby to get to the Midlands Knockout Comp :)

No, Henderson probably does deserve his place, but if we're going to allow ourselves one shining light from the Kolpak era then it has to be Ackerman, hands down.

Congrats on beating moneybags Kibworth by the way, always love to see any of their sides lose, whether it's the First XI or the under 7s! :D

Edited by A Fox in Essex

No, Henderson probably does deserve his place, but if we're going to allow ourselves one shining light from the Kolpak era then it has to be Ackerman, hands down.

Congrats on beating moneybags Kibworth by the way, always love to see any of their sides lose, whether it's the First XI or the under 7s! :D

Oh yeah, i see what you mean, yeah. He had a shocker first year with captaincy, but bounced back and has been terrific ever since.

Oh yes :) not at all keen on Kibby. Sileby lad myself :)

• 3 weeks later...

Some encouraging signs in the game today between England and South Africa Under 19's. England made 273-9 with Cobb getting 49 and Taylor 85 (both our players) and also Buck opening the bowling and getting 2 wickets (his current figures are 9-0-31-2). Would be great if these 3 come into the side and do well this season!

Edited by Samu

Some encouraging signs in the game today between England and South Africa Under 19's. England made 273-9 with Cobb getting 49 and Taylor 85 (both our players) and also Buck opening the bowling and getting 2 wickets (his current figures are 9-0-31-2). Would be great if these 3 come into the side and do well this season!

2009 is all about the youth I feel!

We've never recovered from blowing the One-day double (NCL and C & G Trophy) in 2001.

No. On top of that, try living with someone whose cricket team won the treble. A long time ago. :angry:

Before we spoke I thought Gloucs, but then you said Warwickshire.

Disgusting. Leicestershire is the only county to support. Convert him Lise, you did it with the football.

I am trying my hardest. I fear defeat. :cry: