Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

If anyone is interested in Leicestershire CCC collectables, there's a 1975 HM silver salver for sale at an auction this evening (at The Garendon Club on Schfield Road, Loughborough) bearing the signatures of the team of that time. It seems a bit over reserved to me at about £150-£175 but then sporting memorabelia usually does seeing as I give most of mine away.

1975 was the year of the County's first Championship title.

And as the salver would have the names of both Illingworth and Gower on it, I can understand its value..

It's going to be a season of real struggle isn't it? :(

But if it's for the greater good and the future of the county, I think we should try our best to put up with it for a while. We all knew this new policy of weening ourselves off Kolpak players would be a difficult process and it's going to take a while for us to mould a competitive side comprised of good England qualified players. It's by no means ideal, but hopefully things can only get better...

But if it's for the greater good and the future of the county, I think we should try our best to put up with it for a while. We all knew this new policy of weening ourselves off Kolpak players would be a difficult process and it's going to take a while for us to mould a competitive side comprised of good England qualified players. It's by no means ideal, but hopefully things can only get better...

agreed....providing anyone half decent doesn't get snaffled up by someone with more cash.