Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Ended on 238-6

Would have thought with the wickets in hand, we could have pushed on a bit more. Ah well. We'll see what O'Brien can do now..

Dippenaar joined Boyce with a half century, ending on 65.

Played quite well today i thought. Middle order needed to score us more runs. O'brien looked a class act :thumbup: boyce and dipps batted well. Harris and taylor bowled nicely too.

Were you there? Reports said that we missed Benham with a stumping and Dawson with a c&b, both of Taylor's bowling.

Did he look useful as a leggy, and should we have snaffled the chances??

Looks disappointing when you're best bowler doesn't complete his full compliment of overs, maybe we should have brought O'Brien back sooner to try and break the big partnership.

Baker11 , is wasn't there so i dont know if sam had terrible luck ( edges for 4 etc) but his figures weren't very good. Looks as if Boata is going to have a pretty good season and Matt Boyce looks as if he's going into a purple patch :thumbup: But we threw away a good position with the bat .... again... im sorry to be terribley negative but it looks like we will finish bottom in most comps :cry: Iain Obrien may save us though, best overseas signing since Brad Hodge :thumbup:

Were you there? Reports said that we missed Benham with a stumping and Dawson with a c&b, both of Taylor's bowling.

Did he look useful as a leggy, and should we have snaffled the chances??

Looks disappointing when you're best bowler doesn't complete his full compliment of overs, maybe we should have brought O'Brien back sooner to try and break the big partnership.

Baker11 , is wasn't there so i dont know if sam had terrible luck ( edges for 4 etc) but his figures weren't very good. Looks as if Boata is going to have a pretty good season and Matt Boyce looks as if he's going into a purple patch :thumbup: But we threw away a good position with the bat .... again... im sorry to be terribley negative but it looks like we will finish bottom in most comps :cry: Iain Obrien may save us though, best overseas signing since Brad Hodge :thumbup:

Yes i was there. The stumping was a mistake by Nixon yes and should have been put away. Taylor's c&b was a very tricky catch as he had to run behind him and dive full stretch. Yes Cliffy didnt really look on the money yesterday, but there were good signs from the team.

cant do much about two of the best batsmen in the world.... :frusty: Ive played at southgate before and its an unbelivably good for batsmen, easy paced and flat.

Now you watch how they score 600 and we lose by an innings because our batsmen are rubbish. I can't understand Tim Boon he signs Carl Crowe when Jigar Naik is much younger and a much better bowler, he's started the season much better, he doesn't select Alex Wyatt who had such a good game against the West Indies, Boon shows nothing for me, he's took Leicestershire way down hill since he took over, Claude Henderson our best spinner not playing because of some maximum 3 player overseas rule in the starting XI, the guy doesn't know what hes doing and we look like where going to be battered by any side with him in charge!!!

It's very frustrating seeing the county getting beat more often than not, but we have to be patient, the young lads will take 2/3 years to become established county players and if we keep them (piss off Notts) we should have the spine of a decent team. At least the skysports score centre doesn't say Habibul Bashar is opening anymore :crylaugh: I know how easy it is to mistake Matt Boyce for him :giggle:

It's very frustrating seeing the county getting beat more often than not, but we have to be patient, the young lads will take 2/3 years to become established county players and if we keep them (piss off Notts) we should have the spine of a decent team. At least the skysports score centre doesn't say Habibul Bashar is opening anymore :crylaugh: I know how easy it is to mistake Matt Boyce for him :giggle:

Well we have been warned ot be patient and I'm fine with that... May well get another losing draw in any case if the weather can help out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/428...;area=Southgate

The collapse has begun. Cobb Gloden Duck. Oops.

Anyone fancy going down to Grace Road for the Ireland game on Monday? We should stand a chance of winning that one...

...unless the weather intervenes.

My diary's free that afternoon. I may be tempted to stroll down there..