Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

No his last over the 18th went for 14 i think. Also Roberts one over he bowled went for around that aswell.

Yeah, it was 22 from 12 and then it went down to 6 from the last over! Allenby took the 18th over and White had the last.

Edited by Hitesh

We used to get many scores like this and defend them, but that was when we had quality bowlers such as Gibson and Snape.

Haven't got that at the moment.

True, but I am still disappointed with our total, given the wickets in hand. It just looks like we haven't gone for it, and I am not looking forward to Thursday if all we're going to do is pat the ball about, picking up the odd single every so often.

Yes, I know High Definition Ackerman scored 6's today, before anyone pipes up.....

No his last over the 18th went for 14 i think. Also Roberts one over he bowled went for around that aswell.

I was trying to make the point that the game is played over twenty overs, well forty if you're pedantic. Blaming one over is pointless.

Yeah, it was 22 from 12 and then it went down to 6 from the last over! Allenby took the 18th over and White had the last.

My score updater doesn't tell me who's bowling. But we had enough overs to make a more defendable target.

:frusty:

My score updater doesn't tell me who's bowling. But we had enough overs to make a more defendable target.

:frusty:

True, we did. And you're right, given the wickets we had in hand, we should have reached a bigger target!

Why use Allenby?? I know he has been our regular death bowler over the years but he has lost more games than he has won recently :frusty: I would have stuck with Titch saying that they couldn't hit him off the square. Who the hell is Alex Roberts btw???

Why use Allenby?? I know he has been our regular death bowler over the years but he has lost more games than he has won recently :frusty: I would have stuck with Titch saying that they couldn't hit him off the square. Who the hell is Alex Roberts btw???

Good point yes we should have kept Taylor on he was bowling it sounded like. Alex Roberts sounds abit of a journeyman he has played for Durham seconds, Yorkshire seconds and a few games for Essex.

Someone who wasn't good enough for Cumberland, Durham 2nd XI, Essex, Essex 2nd XI, Marylebone Cricket Club Young Cricketers, Yorkshire 2nd XI, pr the Yorkshire Cricket Board evidently!

lol

When you get outplayed by Derbyshire you know that you are going nowhere :cry: We've seriously hit rock bottom of the counties, its gonna take some time for the younger players to establish themselves, except for titch who is simply god atm. We seriously need to invest into 2 good county batsmen next season, one being an opener. I fully expect Nico to retire at the end of the season so the side would look like this for me:

New Opener

Matt Boyce

Boata Dippenaar- give new contract and captaincy (pref)

James Taylor

Jim Allenby- could be captain, thought he was vice now?

Tom New (wk)- he is a middle order bat in my opinion

Andrew McDonald- vice

Claude/Naik

Nads

Cliff/Youngster

Andy Harris/Youngster

McDonald will give us more balance to the team and hopefully is available for most of the season. O'Brien was very disapointing, his first game was awesome but he just wasn't good enough in my opinion.

Derbyshire have improved this season. They even won at Durham earlier this week.

But this year and probably the next one too will be transition ones for us. We won't be challenging in any format until 2011 at the earliest.