Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

We're keeping ourselves entertained anyway Sparks!

How's married life suiting you?

Pretty good mate thanks , O Brian gets Mahmood , 5 for O Brian

:o Allenby might be on his way out of the county!

"Kent have also submitted a 28-day approach for Leicestershire all-rounder Jim Allenby. The English-qualified Australian clobbered the fastest century of the season so far in a recent Twenty20 Cup match against Nottinghamshire but is out of contract at the end of the season.

Allenby has told Leicestershire that he would like the opportunity to speak to other counties before he decides whether to remain at Grace Road. Northamptonshire and Derbyshire are also understood to be interested in speaking to the hard-hitting Allenby. "

http://www.testmatchextra.com/blogs.aspx?B...ad-7a789e37350b

:( always going to happen sadly.

County Cricketers don't make so much that they can just retire at the end of their careers so need to play as high up as possible and get as good a wage as poss.

hopefully the potential we are showing will get him to stay...we'll see.

Really looking forward to going down on Friday now provided we can do the business at Trent Bridge on Wednesday. :D:beer:

Shame about the Allenby thing if it's true, but this sort of thing is always going to be inevitable for us. We're an unfashionable county with not much cash, and no doubt the same thing will happen to the likes of Taylor and Cobb in the next couple of years if they continue to progress.

Interestingly, I was told yesterday that we get £50,000 from the ECB for every product of our youth system that plays a certain proportion of games in out First XI each season. I'm told this is why we re-signed Carl Crowe. Sure beats overusing Kolpak deadbeats out for a last paycheck anyway.

Watching the Notts V Yorkshire game today was impressed with Yorkshire's Ajmal Shazad anyone who's up to date on the County scene know anything about him looks like just the bowler England need.

I think he is the big lad from Huddesfield. I only really know that it was him that hit the winning runs against us in the t20 game up there.