Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Cake said:

I say this alot but why have we signed these players and paying them if we never play them? 

Rhodes, Lillee and Mike again!!!!

Rhodes and Lillee are awful. I called that before it started not that I need to be a genius. Its pathetic

Obviously there’s a lot of lows following Leics.

But getting online updates about us getting hammered by Notts reserves while my parents insist on watching the East Midlands franchise on terrestrial TV is right up there with the lowest I’ve felt about the club and it’s position in the game.

Edit - coincidentally scored the same as us as well, just from a third of the overs. 

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

But getting online updates about us getting hammered by Notts reserves while my parents insist on watching the East Midlands franchise on terrestrial TV is right up there with the lowest I’ve felt about the club and it’s position in the game.

Edit - coincidentally scored the same as us as well, just from a third of the overs. 

Another sorry day for the foxes.Can't believe the lack of interest on the club's Twitter page either apart from a few on here does anybody even care anymore?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Another embarrassing episode to add to the very long list. 

I bet Harris is gagging to sign on for next season 

Can't see him coming back.Who do we think will be released at the end of the season? Not sure who's out of Contract but if they are can see Welch Klein Dearden  Bowley and sadly Sakande moving on

22 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Can't see him coming back.Who do we think will be released at the end of the season? Not sure who's out of Contract but if they are can see Welch Klein Dearden  Bowley and sadly Sakande moving on

Yep. Think Sakande has ability but have signed him and never play him. I'm struggling with that? 

Welch Klein Dearden Lilley Bowley Rhodes Griffiths none of them are good enough tbh

5 minutes ago, Cake said:

Yep. Think Sakande has ability but have signed him and never play him. I'm struggling with that? 

Welch Klein Dearden Lilley Bowley Rhodes Griffiths none of them are good enough tbh

Think Welch has looked ok tbh when he's played but too far down in the pecking order got an horrible feeling Dearden may have another year

• Like 1

3 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

The ECB don't really help but we do ourselves so few favours. Well beaten by reserve teams now.

I think we're drifting along and waiting to be put out of our misery.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, everton carr said:

Another sorry day for the foxes.Can't believe the lack of interest on the club's Twitter page either apart from a few on here does anybody even care anymore?

This worries me too. There are about 20 of us on here who seem in any way bothered about County. We’re in danger of simply disappearing into a deep sea of apathy 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

This worries me too. There are about 20 of us on here who seem in any way bothered about County. We’re in danger of simply disappearing into a deep sea of apathy 

Spot on. Its becoming difficult to give a shit tbh. 

Massive roster of players yet the same shite tossed out in most games. 

Worried for the future tbh 

Saw Kevin pietersen Twitter comments regarding red ball franchises. Stating the amount of poor cricketers stealing a living in first class cricket. Obviously disagree with him but hard to argue when you see the shit that are making a career out of being shit at Leicestershire.

I keep hearing this "Nobody watches Championship cricket" line as though it's people deliberately avoiding it. Playing at 11am on weekdays will impact attendance on anything. Stick the Hundred at 11am on a Monday morning in mid-June and see how many kids and families turn up to that.

Franchises, especially cities, reduce the audience of the game massively. Having the only decent cricket played at 8 venues in 7 cities is nonsensical.

The Championship will never have huge gates purely because it is played at a time when people who are at school/ work can't attend. 

• Like 4

For however bad the county is and yes it is poor in recent history we have produced one of Englands finest in Broad and Taylor would have been around for a decent England career and throw in trail blazers for T20 we have helped the national side a fair bit but it is bloody depressing following the county. For all those moaning how city and performing pre season they need to take a peak at the County

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Spot on. Its becoming difficult to give a shit tbh. 

Massive roster of players yet the same shite tossed out in most games. 

Worried for the future tbh 

Not entirely sure why it's unravelled the last three games or why some players aren't even getting into the 14 man squad. However, I will say that Fletcher, Paterson and Hutton are pretty good bowlers in overcast conditions and could take lots of teams apart. 

In terms of interest....to be honest, it's hard to know when they are playing these days, there little coverage of the RL50, the new LCCC website is terrible and cumbersome to navigate and most media attention is on The Hundred, India tests, or other sport such as the Olympics. Unfortunately, county cricket has been pushed to the margins of the season because of the Hundred.

Went to the Hundred games at Lords today. 15,000 at the women’s game. 24,000 at the men’s game. Great atmosphere, very diverse crowd, lots of entertainment. I’m loyal to County because I’ve supported them for 50 years and my Dad used to be Chairman, but in terms of entertainment this was a completely different league. I’ve got a box at Grace Road on Thursday, and whilst the food will be delicious, the comparison in terms of entertainment will, I suspect, be as much of a contrast as is possible. I just don’t really see a future for us aside from sentimentality.