Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Corky said:

They aren't true quarter-finals with eight teams- the top three in each group went through so second and third play each other then the first placed teams start in the semi-finals.

Yeah I realise that now. Pretty crap.  Piss off Glamorgan 

What do we think the red ball team will look like once the Hundred/RL50 has finished? Home to Kent on 30th August, Harris/Inglis have gone and Patel could miss due to injury, Sakande & Walker taking wickets in the second's against Northampton currently, could look like this:

Azad

Evans

Ackermann (c)

Hill

Swindells (wk)

Rhodes/Dearden/Kimber

Mike

Parkinson (vc)

Wright

Barnes

Davis/Walker/Sakande

thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

What do we think the red ball team will look like once the Hundred/RL50 has finished? Home to Kent on 30th August, Harris/Inglis have gone and Patel could miss due to injury, Sakande & Walker taking wickets in the second's against Northampton currently, could look like this:

Azad

Evans

Ackermann (c)

Hill

Swindells (wk)

Rhodes/Dearden/Kimber

Mike

Parkinson (vc)

Wright

Barnes

Davis/Walker/Sakande

thoughts?

You forgot Patel he will play

Took Patel out as he is rehabbing due to injury and may not be available, Nico said on the foxes podcast that trying to be fit for the game so left him out. if hes fit he comes in at 4 and everyone drops down one with Dearden/Rhodes to drop out.

Would really like to see what Walker is about and maybe Alex Evans too.

58 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Azad

Evans

Ackermann (c)

Hill

Swindells (wk)

Rhodes/Dearden/Kimber

Mike

Parkinson (vc)

Wright

Barnes

Davis/Walker/Sakande

thoughts?

Well I think Patel will bat 5 I'd like to see him at 3 tbh. I think he has great potential. I'd bat him 3 in all formats myself.

Walker take Mike's spot. Well I'd like to hope so.

So we can look at Sakande he should play. Give him a good run. 

I don't want to see Dearden or Rhodes near the team. 

Kimber looks capable. He'd be next cab off the rank for me. 

Edited by Cake
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cake said:

Well I think Patel will bat 5 I'd like to see him at 3 tbh. I think he has great potential. I'd bat him 3 in all formats myself.

Walker take Mike's spot. Well I'd like to hope so.

So we can look at Sakande he should play. Give him a good run. 

I don't want to see Dearden or Rhodes near the team. 

Kimber looks capable. He'd be next cab off the rank for me. 

Agree Patel looks a classy player and should play all 3 formats and did really well opening in the RL50 too.

Think it would be good to give Mike so competition for the all rounder spot.

Sakande looks quick and i'd like to see more of him too.

Agree think Rhodes & Dearden aren't required at LCCC any more, better players available.

• Like 1

At least we have a good idea who the county coach who was using racial slurs to Carberry was.

I'll just acknowledge that sportspeople have the right to whatever views they want. I just don't share his view about GB news. 

Edited by Lionator

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

At least we have a good idea who the county coach who was using racial slurs to Carberry was.

Whilst he has the right to garner his news from whatever source he wants, to claim GBNews is unbiased is just nonsense. It clearly has a right wing filter, and whilst that’s perfectly legitimate (although not my cup of tea) to be unable to see that is kind of weird. I think the cricket world in general is pretty conservative to be honest. 

Wonder what his view is on the racism claims at Yorkshire.

3 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Whilst he has the right to garner his news from whatever source he wants, to claim GBNews is unbiased is just nonsense. It clearly has a right wing filter, and whilst that’s perfectly legitimate (although not my cup of tea) to be unable to see that is kind of weird. I think the cricket world in general is pretty conservative to be honest. 

Yeah I just edited that into my last post. I don't want Nico 'cancelling' haha. 

But the whole Rafiq racism issue is pretty damning for Yorkshire, they've handled it terribly. 

15 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I'll just acknowledge that sportspeople have the right to whatever views they want. I just don't share his view about GB news. 

10 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I've known Paul for 30 years and never seen or heard anything untoward from him.

As for GB News, the only thing I watch on there is Andrew Doyle's "Free Speech Nation" where he takes apart some of the nonsense from the week. It's an entertaining show.

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've known Paul for 30 years and never seen or heard anything untoward from him.

As for GB News, the only thing I watch on there is Andrew Doyle's "Free Speech Nation" where he takes apart some of the nonsense from the week. It's an entertaining show.

Absolutely, it’s a perfectly legitimate news channel. It gives a platform to the likes of Farage and Dan Wooton, and in the case of the former, it’s my opinion that he has done more harm to our country than most with his anti foreigner hate speech. I also know many agree with the stuff he says, sadly, but to claim it is unbiased isn’t realistic

9 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Absolutely, it’s a perfectly legitimate news channel. It gives a platform to the likes of Farage and Dan Wooton, and in the case of the former, it’s my opinion that he has done more harm to our country than most with his anti foreigner hate speech. I also know many agree with the stuff he says, sadly, but to claim it is unbiased isn’t realistic

Maybe best to stick to Gary Lineker Owen Jones and James O Brien if different options upset you