Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Hopefully get a good crowd.

Kent haven't won a red ball game this season but have an excellent White Ball side (in my view the best T20 side around) and some excellent batsmen. 

It will be a tough game. 

I'm hopeful. 

It's great that the fun day was a success. Just goes to show how crucial it is that as much cricket as possible is scheduled around weekends and Bank Holidays - there was no professional cricket played at all in England on Sunday, which seems barmy to me.

Off to a flier this morning I see... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Sad but probably correct i'm afraid, LCCC are a county the ECB don't look at in terms of international caliber players. 

that's because we don't have any at the moment. And James Taylor was there yesterday. You actually think England wouldn't select a Leicestershire player if he was good enough?

24 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's great that the fun day was a success. Just goes to show how crucial it is that as much cricket as possible is scheduled around weekends and Bank Holidays - there was no professional cricket played at all in England on Sunday, which seems barmy to me.

There is so much that is good about our Club, aside from the cricket that is

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I doubt the numbers would have been as high if the day wasn't free, but your right we need as red ball games during the summer holidays as possible. 

The ECB need to sort the schedule out next summer to get a better balance if they want to continue to push the hundred.

1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

that's because we don't have any at the moment. And James Taylor was there yesterday. You actually think England wouldn't select a Leicestershire player if he was good enough?

That's true no-one has stood out enough at LCCC as of yet to be considered. The fact James Taylor was there was to monitor Crawley & Billings progress more than anything, the fact that Parkinson did well might make him write a note.

I doubt they would as we've been playing mostly in div 2 for so long and its unlikely any of the selectors are looking at anyone outside of the Yorkshire/Surrey sides or Div 1 teams. I'm really enjoying the Bob willis trophy format as it gives us the opportunity to play some better red ball sides and will hopefully improve our own players, maybe in future that might translate to an test selection or two in future.

16 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Takes Richard Rae 10 Minutes to realise that it was Mike and not Parky that was the wicket to fall then says we have avoided the follow on when we were trailing by 159 ffs

He is absolutely useless. 

I missed what happened to Barnes. Did he retire hurt in the end?