Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

On 03/09/2021 at 17:53, Paninistickers said:

Very true. I'd hazard a guess that out of 1000 regulars (obvs not all 1k ever turn up at the same time) well over half would be from the staff, monsell, Aylestone and a slow bleed into South Leicester suburbs (Blaby, wigston) thereafter. The ground is in a very niche part of Leicester. 

As for marketing, understandably they go after membership, guaranteeing income. I think they need to go after casual fans. Build some kind of database of text numbers (free entry with a registered text to build the data) and afyerwatds blast the data on, say, a friday when the forecast is good for a game scheduled sunday.  Nobody has a fcking clue when the games are. 

Returf the Bennett car park. Create a big picnic / trailer picnic type vibe up there. Knock down  that stand at the Bennett milligan Road side and build a big grass hill, again for picnics and bbqs. Devote some outfield to more marquees and food trucks. Let the kids run riot on outfield during breaks of play. 

And just text punters about coming to a sunny, sporty, boozy, lazy picnic summer's day 🙂

I was at a get-together for school parents yesterday in Knighton. We were talking sports and I mentioned I had gone to my first cricket match, and all the dads spoke about 1) how much they loved cricket; and 2) how long it had been since they'd been to Grace Road.

Some of the issues you brought up were mentioned-- i.e. need for a "day out" family atmosphere.

22 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I was at a get-together for school parents yesterday in Knighton. We were talking sports and I mentioned I had gone to my first cricket match, and all the dads spoke about 1) how much they loved cricket; and 2) how long it had been since they'd been to Grace Road.

Some of the issues you brought up were mentioned-- i.e. need for a "day out" family atmosphere.

Absolutely this. I know loads of blokes who like cricket, but don’t consider going to a County game 

• Like 1

Verdict on that effort from Evans?

A solid, gritty effort playing himself into form?

Or just too slow given the pitch was a road? Even Azad and Rhodes were scoring well above their career run rates.

Hill looked back to his early season level though, looking forwards to another ton up tomorrow.

1 minute ago, CrawlingFox said:

Verdict on that effort from Evans?

A solid, gritty effort playing himself into form?

Or just too slow given the pitch was a road? Even Azad and Rhodes were scoring well above their career run rates.

Hill looked back to his early season level though, looking forwards to another ton up tomorrow.

I'm not going to knock an 88 from an opener in a 4 day game, especially after what happened in our last game. For me, his next aim should be to look for some more quick singles early in his innings, when there are plenty of gaps in the field. That will keep the scoreboard ticking over and annoy the fielding side. Also needs a bit more discipline around that fifth stump line. Either leave it, or get right across to it. Tends to play a little far away from his body for my liking. But this season he has shown he has what it takes to open in 4 day cricket. Next step is to dominate attacks. Target for him next season should be 5 centuries and 1000 runs. I'm quite certain he can achieve that.

• Like 3