Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Missed Evans, Swindells and Ackermann today. Especially with no overseas bat either our batting was exposed but credit to Kimber for a good knock.

Hope Bates can give it a better crack in the second innings, has looked OK in the seconds.

Hill needs 60 odd in the second innings to hit 1000 runs. Must confess I'm more interested in seeing him manage that than anything else at this point of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Anyone watching the feed at lunchtime? The commentators left the mics on. Some interesting discussions about both clubs and players.

They seem to always make this mistake but usually its talks about Richard Rae's jogging exploits or sandwiches.

For anyone wanting to go back and listen its on the BBC Worcestershire vs Leicestershire radio commentary 12.45pm to 12.54pm, from what i could make out they discussed the following: 

• Quality of the bowling in the morning was poor and couldn't understand why Alex Evans wasn't playing and has gone backwards.
  • Questioned who was calling the shots at the club as was it actually Jarvis who is doing this?
  • Suggested Rehan Ahmed should be offered a pro contract for 25K to keep him at the club
  • Lewis Hill doesn't have an agent and is possibly talking to other clubs based on current form
  • Questions on the condition of the pitch and whether Nico had 'tapped up' a member of the Worcs ground staff on the prep of the wicket for the game.
  • Discussed Jarvis interview from the cricket show and advised the club is miles away from a trophy, T20 side at best.
  • Gavin Gritthis has been told to look elsewhere for playing time, something about Davis but couldn't make it out
  •  Jarvis spouting out about something regarding the academy and should keep it to himself (possibly about the bonus for playing academy players in FC)
  • Favoritism given to Hill a few years ago when 3 players were in the last year of their contracts and he was offered a new contract 1 month later.

Obviously this is subjective and not concrete information others can refine what was said given the quality of my head phones (i'm not liable), either way silly thing to discuss with the mics on. 

52 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

For anyone wanting to go back and listen its on the BBC Worcestershire vs Leicestershire radio commentary 12.45pm to 12.54pm, from what i could make out they discussed the following: 

• Quality of the bowling in the morning was poor and couldn't understand why Alex Evans wasn't playing and has gone backwards.
  • Questioned who was calling the shots at the club as was it actually Jarvis who is doing this?
  • Suggested Rehan Ahmed should be offered a pro contract for 25K to keep him at the club
  • Lewis Hill doesn't have an agent and is possibly talking to other clubs based on current form
  • Questions on the condition of the pitch and whether Nico had 'tapped up' a member of the Worcs ground staff on the prep of the wicket for the game.
  • Discussed Jarvis interview from the cricket show and advised the club is miles away from a trophy, T20 side at best.
  • Gavin Gritthis has been told to look elsewhere for playing time, something about Davis but couldn't make it out
  •  Jarvis spouting out about something regarding the academy and should keep it to himself (possibly about the bonus for playing academy players in FC)
  • Favoritism given to Hill a few years ago when 3 players were in the last year of their contracts and he was offered a new contract 1 month later.

Obviously this is subjective and not concrete information others can refine what was said given the quality of my head phones (i'm not liable), either way silly thing to discuss with the mics on. 

You picked up more than I did! I was struggling to hear everything over the sound of pigeons. There was something about everyone having an academy and good young players and I assumed they might be saying that we were unlikely to generate an academy that could compete with others, because I heard the words 'when will the penny drop?' The Worcestershire commentator was particularly puzzled about the treatment of Alex Evans.

On another note. While we have seen some great batting performances this season, I am watching Sakande bowling today and he just can't get more than 3 or 4 balls per over on a good  length outside off stump, the others are short, over-pitched or drift down the leg side. This seems to be a problem with all our seam bowlers, apart from Wright. They say he looks dis-engaged in the field, so maybe he already knows this is his last game.

• Like 1

I heard some but not alot. Pigeon was loud. I heard them talking about Davies not being fit and can't bowl enough overs in red ball to be considered for selection.  Griffiths can look for another club? 

Looking at an overseas bowler for next season. But couldn't here who. That may even have been Worcester!!!!

Worcester commentary said Mike was quicker than he thought but sprayed it. 

About it. 

Alex Evans isn't prolific in club cricket so CC a big step up (my view that not theirs)  

Edited by Cake

14 hours ago, Cake said:

I heard some but not alot. Pigeon was loud. I heard them talking about Davies not being fit and can't bowl enough overs in red ball to be considered for selection.  Griffiths can look for another club? 

Looking at an overseas bowler for next season. But couldn't here who. That may even have been Worcester!!!!

About it. 

Alex Evans isn't prolific in club cricket so CC a big step up (my view that not theirs)  

I think they were getting at why hasn't Evans been picked if Sakande/Davis being picked without doing much nor having much control. At least Evans is still young and can continue to improve.

16 hours ago, Cake said:

About it. 

So we can't pick Davis, because he's too fragile for a 4 day game. We can't pick Griffiths because we want him to leave and he's unreliable. We can't pick Evans because he's gone backwards and is not at first team level. We can't pick Klein because he's being released. Mystery as to why we can't pick Roman Walker, but I assume he's not at first team level for red ball yet. So we pick Sakande, even though he's not good enough and likely to be released. 

I do hope the get the seam bowling group sorted out for next season

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaidstoneFox said:

So we can't pick Davis, because he's too fragile for a 4 day game. We can't pick Griffiths because we want him to leave and he's unreliable. We can't pick Evans because he's gone backwards and is not at first team level. We can't pick Klein because he's being released. Mystery as to why we can't pick Roman Walker, but I assume he's not at first team level for red ball yet. So we pick Sakande, even though he's not good enough and likely to be released. 

I do hope the get the seam bowling group sorted out for next season

Yep pretty odd hey. I actually think Sekande could be OK with more overs in his legs and a proper pre season even today after yesterday's overs he seemed 5 mph quicker. Richard Rae seems to have an agenda against him tbh. Bowled better than Mike and Barnes in this innings

I could be be wrong. I'd give him a preseason then see how he looks. 

Not alot to loose. 

Davies not a bad bowler but has he ever had an injury free season? I don't think so. 

We could have played a second spinner rather than four seamers, the young leggie offers an alternative. 

Edited by Cake
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Lewis Hill out of contract at the end of the season and the club have only offered him a one year deal, it was offered in May and no changes to the offer since according the commentary.

Seems mad not to be offering him a 2/3 deal at least given someone offered Rhodes a 3 year deal.

My thoughts exactly. They said he didn't want to move as he has a young family, but obviously depends what he is offered elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, Cake said:

Yep pretty odd hey. I actually think Sekande could be OK with more overs in his legs and a proper pre season even today after yesterday's overs he seemed 5 mph quicker. Richard Rae seems to have an agenda against him tbh. Bowled better than Mike and Barnes in this innings

I could be be wrong. I'd give him a preseason then see how he looks. 

Not alot to loose. 

Davies not a bad bowler but has he ever had an injury free season? I don't think so. 

We could have played a second spinner rather than four seamers, the young leggie offers an alternative. 

He bowled better this morning I thought, with more assistance for the bowlers, but he was still bowling full tosses etc in amongst his wicket deliveries. He's effectively had two years out of cricket so I agree, a good pre-season could really help him. Depends what he wants as well, he's an Oxford grad, so would undoubtable earn more elsewhere than as a Leics squad player.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Lewis Hill out of contract at the end of the season and the club have only offered him a one year deal, it was offered in May and no changes to the offer since according the commentary.

Seems mad not to be offering him a 2/3 deal at least given someone offered Rhodes a 3 year deal.

Yeah he should get a two year deal on the back of this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah he should get a two year deal on the back of this year.

Some of the decision making down there is utterly baffling. 

Some of the absolute shite that have been given 3 year deals and we are pissing around with a breakthrough talent offering 1 year. 

29 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

My thoughts exactly. They said he didn't want to move as he has a young family, but obviously depends what he is offered elsewhere.

Just waiting for Notts to come in and offer him a 3 year deal. 

Looks like they can't finish the game quick enough against Worcs, no real fight whatsoever Patel & Azad with some poor decisions.

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Rhodes and Mike, two of the forum favourites, are putting up resistance, from 35/4 to 123/4.

77 to make them bat again.

Rhodes looks improved with the bat, couple 50s in the run in suggest he might not be complete deadweight next season.

Mike with his fourth 50 and could finish with a batting average over 30 for the season. Maybe he's a batting all rounder after all and not a bowling one. Which is just as well given his bowling average of 43 this season! :D

Edited by CrawlingFox

25 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Rhodes looks improved with the bat, couple 50s in the run in suggest he might not be complete deadweight next season.

Mike with his fourth 50 and could finish with a batting average over 30 for the season. Maybe he's a batting all rounder after all and not a bowling one. Which is just as well given his bowling average of 43 this season! :D

Looks better than Bates who appears to have his bat behind his pad then the occasional waft at the ball which wouldn't go anywhere if he hit it.