Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Surely Harris could have got a better gig than Glos.

150 k a year for two years.  Not going to get a better offer than that in the current climate. 

Guaranteed 300k plus what ever he picks up in Oz. 

Not many offers like that these days

Edited by Cake

Start from £24k - professional cricketers can't be paid less than this in England.

I'd say a majority of the side would be between this as £50k a year, with some stand outs going towards £100k. 

To put this in context, I think the England central contracts are around £750k for top earners with most probably earning around £150k-250k i reckon 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hitesh said:

Start from £24k - professional cricketers can't be paid less than this in England.

I'd say a majority of the side would be between this as £50k a year, with some stand outs going towards £100k. 

To put this in context, I think the England central contracts are around £750k for top earners with most probably earning around £150k-250k i reckon 

So Harris offer is pretty good then

The 'long game' is a bit more profitable in Cricket these days though isn't it.

When I was 15/16 and seriously thinking about going for it, the guy who was one to one coaching me at the time (Carl Crowe) was also my PE teacher... to give you an idea of how bad the pro salaries were back then! He was adamant there was no point going pro... obviously at that point T20 had just taken off and no other countries had thrown silly money at it yet. 

Now, a young lad would jump at 25k if they fancied themselves to also bag a couple of T20 contracts a year.. that's where the money is. 

17 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

A good move, we needed a more strategic thinker to oversee everything.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58810001

4 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

I hope you're right and that this isn't simply a job for a rather likeable ex player. 

I did some digging and he got into business development/sales after retiring, so he could well hold the key to bridging the gap between negotiation skills and cricket knowledge.

Are Gloucester bank rolled by Hargreaves like the football and rugby, that’s a big contract and a risk for them if he isn’t suited to T20.

Hard to do but there are probably economies in having an overseas playing all formats. Go large on someone more proven across the 3 as I’m sure cheaper than having Harris and Inglis dovetailing.

Swindells and Hill averages were impressive. So to Davies but it’s about fitness isn’t it.

I’d look for a domestic proven front line bowler and towards someone like Myers from West Indies as a decent all round option if you can snare him for the whole summer. Decent all round skills but not on the IPLL radar.

1 hour ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Are Gloucester bank rolled by Hargreaves like the football and rugby, that’s a big contract and a risk for them if he isn’t suited to T20.

Hard to do but there are probably economies in having an overseas playing all formats. Go large on someone more proven across the 3 as I’m sure cheaper than having Harris and Inglis dovetailing.

Swindells and Hill averages were impressive. So to Davies but it’s about fitness isn’t it.

I’d look for a domestic proven front line bowler and towards someone like Myers from West Indies as a decent all round option if you can snare him for the whole summer. Decent all round skills but not on the IPLL radar.

It's Lansdown who bankrolls the rugby, football and basketball through Bristol Sport. As far as I'm aware he has no involvement with the cricket at all.  They've got some decent corporate relationships but I would suspect nothing out of the ordinary in cricket terms. 

Edited by Brizzle Fox
Spelling

150k a year sounds a lot but we have lost Dearden and Klein to name 2 which frees up around 75k ish. So an extra 75k for a player that offered something and having played a season in English conditions would probably do better next season. We certainly looked stronger with him in the team

• Like 2

On 09/10/2021 at 16:03, katieakita said:

150k a year sounds a lot but we have lost Dearden and Klein to name 2 which frees up around 75k ish. So an extra 75k for a player that offered something and having played a season in English conditions would probably do better next season. We certainly looked stronger with him in the team

75k for Dearden and Klein no chance.would guess 60k at most 

On 09/10/2021 at 09:48, HaroldBazBo said:

Jade Dernbach has been released by Surrey, because he was looking for more playing time. 35 now of course and I'm not sure how many games his body is up to. 

Edited by MaidstoneFox

31 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Naaa it’s memberships. 

If you didn’t know as well it’s a scene out of Squid Game

They did something similar the other day as well tweeting saying that there’s an announcement of an international super star coming to Grace Road….

Turns out it was Paloma Faith doing a concert there lol 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Naaa it’s memberships. 

If you didn’t know as well it’s a scene out of Squid Game

Squid Game is excellent by the way! Surprised and delighted I've been able to say that in the LCCC thread on Foxestalk. Don't think cricket is that big in South Korea, although no doubt somewhere in an apartment in the middle of Seoul there's someone checking on the County scores and muttering 'wtf' to themselves as we slip to 22-6 against Derbyshire……..