Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

9 hours ago, Manini said:

They did something similar the other day as well tweeting saying that there’s an announcement of an international super star coming to Grace Road….

Turns out it was Paloma Faith doing a concert there lol 

****ing idiots 

9 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Squid Game is excellent by the way! Surprised and delighted I've been able to say that in the LCCC thread on Foxestalk. Don't think cricket is that big in South Korea, although no doubt somewhere in an apartment in the middle of Seoul there's someone checking on the County scores and muttering 'wtf' to themselves as we slip to 22-6 against Derbyshire……..

Yep, there is. And it's me. Might be a few more too. There was even a local expat cricket league here a while back.

(Those not exactly Seoul, just outside.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Back to two divisions in the County Championship next year. 8 teams in the second, both Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire in it with us.

I enjoyed seeing us against different oppo under the conference system but I guess two divisions is more sensible. Four grounds in our division I've never been to so if the dates work it'd be nice to tick one or two off next summer.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CoventryFox said:

Perhaps Hendo can influence a solid all-forms South African overseas player available all season. Maybe go back in for Mulder. 

I'd like to see us try again for Janneman Malan.

Edited by Walshy5

1 hour ago, Corky said:

James Pattinson, who has retired from Tests, is keen to play county cricket.

Might be worth a call.

Was just about to mention him, FC bowling average of 22 and 21 with the bat too. If we could snag him and keep him fit then that would change the dymanic of our attack. Surely Harris & Inglis could put a good word in for us? Even Clint Mckay lol

12 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Was just about to mention him, FC bowling average of 22 and 21 with the bat too. If we could snag him and keep him fit then that would change the dymanic of our attack. Surely Harris & Inglis could put a good word in for us? Even Clint Mckay lol

Harris didn't want to come back so very unlikely to be putting good words in. 

David Wiese has no county and wants to carry on playing. 36 but really fit and tbh plenty of players still making a big impact in county cricket that are older than that. He can play all forms. 

Would be an overseas player. 

We have alot of young guys so I think a bit of experience is fine. 

23 hours ago, Cake said:

David Wiese has no county and wants to carry on playing. 36 but really fit and tbh plenty of players still making a big impact in county cricket that are older than that. He can play all forms. 

Would be an overseas player. 

We have alot of young guys so I think a bit of experience is fine. 

Not a bad shout think the problem would be him being classed as the overseas, we'd want someone with more quality and a little younger probably. Shame Harris isn't coming back as he made such a big impact on the team, trust Dan Weston's stats will come up with a couple of options. Personally would like to see an opening bowler but think an all rounder will likely be in the offing.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Not a bad shout think the problem would be him being classed as the overseas, we'd want someone with more quality and a little younger probably. Shame Harris isn't coming back as he made such a big impact on the team, trust Dan Weston's stats will come up with a couple of options. Personally would like to see an opening bowler but think an all rounder will likely be in the offing.

I'd like to see an opening batsman tbh. Maybe give Jannaman Malan another shot. 

Tom 'Scrivo' Scriven.

Limited performances (though not bad stats) in the Hampshire first team but his second XI stats look very impressive indeed. Not always a guarantee of success at all but he's apparently a genuine all rounder so going to try and be cautiously optimistic on this signing. Can hopefully bowl more economically than Mike.

• Like 1

His stats look good.

Batting & Fielding
FORMAT MAT INNS NO RUNS HS AVE BF SR 100S 50S 4S 6S CT ST
FC 2 3 0 84 68 28.00 185 45.40 0 1 11 0 1 0
List A 5 3 1 63 42 31.50 81 77.77 0 0 1 1 0 0
T20 2 1 0 2 2 2.00 7 28.57 0 0 0 0 0 0

Bowling
FORMAT MAT INNS BALLS RUNS WKTS BBI BBM AVE ECON SR 4W 5W 10W
FC 2 3 126 79 3 2/24 2/59 26.33 3.76 42.0 0 0 0
List A 5 2 46 46 1 1/6 1/6 46.00 6.00 46.0 0 0 0
T20 2 1 6 8 0 - - - 8.00 - 0 0 0