Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Tom 'Scrivo' Scriven.

Limited performances (though not bad stats) in the Hampshire first team but his second XI stats look very impressive indeed. Not always a guarantee of success at all but he's apparently a genuine all rounder so going to try and be cautiously optimistic on this signing. Can hopefully bowl more economically than Mike.

Do you have a link to his XI stats?

I just hope Nico plays him. Signed Roman Walker and he didn’t get a sniff. Scott Steel was massively under used too. With Dearden (finally) and DK gone you’d like to think these guys will get a fighting chance. 
Like the resigning of Naveen, we just need a gun opener like Inglis and we’re cooking on gas 

• Like 3

On 15/10/2021 at 18:26, Walshy5 said:

I'd like to see us try again for Janneman Malan.

I think.he could be realistic. Mulder is good, to good now has a test bowling average of 21 so I think he will be playing Test Cricket for some time. 

Batting & Fielding
FORMAT MAT INNS NO RUNS HS AVE BF SR 100S 50S 4S 6S CT ST
ODI 3 3 0 180 127 60.00 163 110.42 1 0 15 12 2 2
T20I 14 14 0 492 87 35.14 347 141.78 0 3 37 32 6 1
FC 12 19 0 941 153 49.52 1300 72.38 1 7 109 32 16 5
List A 32 28 4 984 128 41.00 958 102.71 3 3 91 45 32 7
T20 49 48 0 1232 99 25.66 806 152.85 0 8 98 87 24 4

I like that signing a lot.

No doubt there is an element of risk as he's relatively untested but from what I've seen he is a batter made for t20 and when he hits it then it stays hit.

Going to assume he'll be relatively cheap compared to the likes of an Inglis so hopefully that provides more in the budget for the red ball overseas signings.

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Rahmanullah Gurbaz joins for the blast

https://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/1285702.html

I hope he's good. Not sure we are even shopping in the cricket Aldi or Lidl anymore, I think it's that Russian brand that undercuts them both. I'm assuming we've been scouting the Oman opening bowlers for our championship overseas player

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

I hope he's good. Not sure we are even shopping in the cricket Aldi or Lidl anymore, I think it's that Russian brand that undercuts them both. I'm assuming we've been scouting the Oman opening bowlers for our championship overseas player

I think he’ll be a lot like Naveen. Both sublime and ridiculous - so he’ll fit right in.

No quibbles about Afghans signing becoming a very good side and give it every thing. I thought Naveen was brilliant last year after a difficult start. 

I'm more worried about the UK based players we sign on long contracts and some then don't even play. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Afghan players will be 100% the best value for money you can get. Some of these lads are incredible.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Anyone seen or heard any updates on Lewis Hill and his contract situation?

From what I've heard we're only willing to offer a 1 year deal and he's after at least 2. Which I can't get head around considering the dross that we've offered longer contracts to. Like Rhodes for example.

• Like 2

T20 side shaping up nicely 

Patel

Welsh

Gerbaz

Lilley

Ackerman Capt

Hill/Swindells wk

Kimber

Scriven

Rhian Ahmed

Naveen

Parkinson

you could put Gerbaz or Lilley up to open at the expense of Welsh and bring a pace option - Griff or Barnes. 
Then there’s Walker too - Spoilt for choice. Cheeky tenner on the Foxes 🦊 

• Like 1

Has it been confirmed that Steel is off then? I know they were looking to shift him after that fall out.

A shame given his batting and bowling both looked to have potential in the short format.

My side at the moment would be:

Gurbaz

Welsh

Lilley

Ackermann

Patel

Hill

Swindells (wk)

Scriven

Parkinson

Naveen

Walker

Hopefully Scriven is an improvement on Mike (can't be more expensive surely!) and Walker likewise on Griffin or Davis (also both too expensive).

Batting looks a bit ropey up top though, Gurbaz is untested though I'm very excited to see how he goes (Inglis very hard to replace), Lilley is a pinch hitter so one or good knocks may help win matches but he's have plenty of low scores too. Patel looks great to watch but his t20 stats were dire last season, Welsh was kept out by Steel. Swindells looked very good in his last couple of knocks and I wonder if he could bat higher and play a bigger role.