Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Azeem Rafiq has told MPs that he has heard off players from Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Middlesex who have also said they have suffered racial abuse.

Also mentioned problems his sister had while she was community engagement officer at LCCC. :(

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

Mulder signs for the CCs and RLC

Fantastic, I hope he can actually come this time. He'll really help balance the side and give more quality to our bowling. I wonder if we'll go for a top order bat or bowler as our second overseas, or maybe the coffers are empty.

Happy with that, should really boost our bowling and strengthen the middle order with the bat too.

If we can afford the second overseas for the CC I'm undecided on whether I'd prefer another bowler given the reliance on Wright last year or whether we could do with a top order bat in the mould of Harris who added so many of our runs.

Wright will be a year older but with Mulder and a fit Davis means we've Walker, Sakande, Barnes as the bones of a decent unit so less reliant on Mike and Griffiths. Plus Scrivens in too.

Batting wise Azad and Evans is not bad for an opening pair but perhaps quite one paced and I'm not sure who goes in at 3, Ackers? Patel?

On 18/11/2021 at 11:39, CrawlingFox said:

Happy with that, should really boost our bowling and strengthen the middle order with the bat too.

If we can afford the second overseas for the CC I'm undecided on whether I'd prefer another bowler given the reliance on Wright last year or whether we could do with a top order bat in the mould of Harris who added so many of our runs.

Wright will be a year older but with Mulder and a fit Davis means we've Walker, Sakande, Barnes as the bones of a decent unit so less reliant on Mike and Griffiths. Plus Scrivens in too.

Batting wise Azad and Evans is not bad for an opening pair but perhaps quite one paced and I'm not sure who goes in at 3, Ackers? Patel?

Any of Swindells, Hill, Patel or Welch I reckon?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Any of Swindells, Hill, Patel or Welch I reckon?

Could all be shouts.

My concern would be that coming in at 3 is a tough job. And quite often with Azad and Evans opening whoever comes in may be under pressure to get the scoreboard moving as they both tick along at barely above 40 strike rate wise.

Rhodes did the job in the last couple games and scored pretty well (and quickly which is surprising given his career strike rate).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Maybe a random shout but maybe shift Ackerman to 3 and give Patel a prime slot at 4.

Ackers didn’t exactly set it on fire last year.

I think that's what I'd do. Leave Hill at 5 as he scored a lot of runs there last year. Ackermann is a very accomplished batter with an average over 40 and has batted at 3 before so he gets that job. Patel gets the gig at 4 and a real opportunity to deliver on the clear talent he has.

Evans

Azad

Ackermann

Patel

Hill

Mulder

Swindells (wk)

Decent top 7 in my view. Kimber, Welsh, Rhodes and Scrivens in reserve, plus Steel if he's still about.

Bottom 4 is going to contain:

Mike/Scrivens/Barnes

Parkinson

Wright

Davis/Sakande/Walker

I think with Mulder such a good bowler there is the option of Mike or Scrivens at 8 to offer something with the bat and be a fifth bowler (preferable to Mike at first change!). Though Barnes had two fifties last year so may be a good bet also. Parky and Wright nailed on so then room for one other seamer. If we can afford another overseas player and get a fast bowler in then I'll start to feel very positive about our chances!

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Can he play in the CCs next season?

Yeah, if LCCC think he's up to it. Guess there aren't that many games where we'd be likely to play two frontline spinners though? I'm not counting Ackermann as I once managed to defend an over against him in a midweek league game without getting out (don't think I ever mention it?).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 03/12/2021 at 10:04, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, if LCCC think he's up to it. Guess there aren't that many games where we'd be likely to play two frontline spinners though? I'm not counting Ackermann as I once managed to defend an over against him in a midweek league game without getting out (don't think I ever mention it?).

You mean the man with the record T20 figures? You should mention it more often!

I very nearly got the sponsorship deal on Rehan Ahmed this year. Might do the overseas fella.

8 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Huge potential and I expect he’ll feature in the 50 over competition again next season, maybe T20 as well.

As another poster pointed out CC chances will be limited which is a shame.

I’d genuinely play him in all three formats. Can bat a bit as well. Show him we have faith. 

Had to switch player. Long story. 

See you all down there? I have 4 x season tickets so if anyone ever fancies a day down there I'm trying to sort a mechanism to not have to physically actually be there to allow people in.

Naturally I'd prefer people pay and put money in to the club but this is offered as a gesture to anyone who is curious.

• Like 2