Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

46 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Had to switch player. Long story. 

See you all down there? I have 4 x season tickets so if anyone ever fancies a day down there I'm trying to sort a mechanism to not have to physically actually be there to allow people in.

Naturally I'd prefer people pay and put money in to the club but this is offered as a gesture to anyone who is curious.

Players sponsorship package is loads better this year. 4 tickets instead of 2 

If anyone wants any tickets for any LCCC matches next year, please send me a message with your contact details.

I will have 4 for every game.

I am very likely to be banned from here as I've disagreed with one of the FT-darlings. I'm long in the tooth enough to know that that will be curtains.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Looks like Scott Steel is back in favour.

Interesting. He looked OK in the t20 Blast though didn't really seem to hit his stride strike rate wise in the way we'd hoped. Wonder if Welch's injury is worse than feared or anything like that necessitating a mending of bridges.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Such a sad day for Leicestershire CCC. The main article on the BBC news site does not even mention that he played for and captained Leicestershire, let alone the four major trophies and the first ever CC win during his captaincy.

Hopefully the BBC will 'remember' this later.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DoveValleyFox said:

Such a sad day for Leicestershire CCC. The main article on the BBC news site does not even mention that he played for and captained Leicestershire, let alone the four major trophies and the first ever CC win during his captaincy.

I hope you are right. Mentioned in the obituary but even allowing for pressure of getting news out there was sloppy not to mention Leicestershire in first bulletin.

1 hour ago, DoveValleyFox said:

They probably won't given that we are the 'lost' City. It's all about Yorkshire according to the BBC. Perhaps Aggers will remind them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Our greatest ever captain.

A great man - many a day spent watching the county in the seventies - was so cheap as a junior member for a season card  …. Some forget what a great all rounder Illy was and just remember him as a quality spinner.  

on the few occasions I had the privilege to meet him he always had time to ask how we were and what we’d enjoyed from the days play. 

4 hours ago, DoveValleyFox said:

Really sloppy by the BBC.   A terrible article.     He turned Leicestershire around from absolute nobodies, to one of the best County teams in the early/mid 70's.

Maybe the BBC got their information from wiki.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Illingworth

Which reduces his fantastic 9 year career at Leicestershire to one sentence:

"In 1968 he joined Leicestershire after a contract dispute with Yorkshire, and was made captain"

The lesson here ... is don't always trust wiki to be balanced and accurate.   It's often very good.   It's sometimes useless.

• Like 1