Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Waffling on about a ten team franchise red ball comp. Then the other counties become a second class tournament. 

Doesn't sound a lot different than the current two division system

Who would fund it? Who would watch it?

• Like 2

The weird conclusion that making the county championship a new tournament with less teams still doesn’t change the scheduling and unavailability of players. 

IPL still comes knocking, the Asian tours still creep into March and we have a England team who flogged to the core when it comes to ODIs/T20s. 

• Like 2

On 15/01/2022 at 11:39, Silebyfox_89 said:

Notts signed Pattinson again, there bowling attack is going to filth next season: Pattinson, Broad (at times), Fletcher & Ball.

I wonder who will pick up Scott Boland for the upcoming CC season? Looks like the perfect bowler for English conditions.

Dane Paterson returning for another year too, as well as Lyndon James who is developing into a very good med-fast bowler. 

Team way too good for Division 2, should walk it.

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not Leicestershire I know, but good to see some Blast games at Blackpool. Every time I've tried to go previously its been washed out so fingers crossed this year.

I know they're sinking loads into this new ground between Preston and Leyland (just down the road from my in-laws so will be ideal for me if Leicestershire play there!) but I do hope they keep using Stanley Park, Liverpool, Southport etc once it's built.

• Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

I know they're sinking loads into this new ground between Preston and Leyland (just down the road from my in-laws so will be ideal for me if Leicestershire play there!) but I do hope they keep using Stanley Park, Liverpool, Southport etc once it's built.

They will still keep using those if the 100 is to stay for sure 

On 17/01/2022 at 14:14, everton carr said:

Disappointing but not surprising to see Jon Agnew once again call

For the County to be cut from the County Championship

I loathe the man. From his excruciating views on racism (like asking a 19th century.missippi plantation owner about slave conditions) to his bungled commentary of the world cup final (wait! Wait!) .... to his favourite theme that England's woes are basically the fault of County, Derby and Northants. 

I look forward to the day he's pensioned off 

• Like 2

Just to reiterate to all, I have sponsored a player and get lots of tickets so if anyone ever wants to go, let me know, I don't know yet how the tickets work but my preference is I just give 4 names any day.

What I mean is, you don't have to go WITH me, I don't think? And even if I had to give you a ticket, you don't have to sit with me. I know that would put people off!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Just to reiterate to all, I have sponsored a player and get lots of tickets so if anyone ever wants to go, let me know, I don't know yet how the tickets work but my preference is I just give 4 names any day.

What I mean is, you don't have to go WITH me, I don't think? And even if I had to give you a ticket, you don't have to sit with me. I know that would put people off!

The tickets will say whatever the business name is on them, they're not named or anything.

Last season is was only 2 tickets per sponsorship package so increasing it to 4 is great. 

On 20/01/2022 at 14:48, TK95 said:

Going to play India in 4 day warm-up tour match in June too. Providing it doesn't get called off like last summer, it should be a good earner for the club

Not as much as you think reckon they would make more money having a 1 day 50 over match then a 4 day friendly