Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

On 22/01/2022 at 11:43, Corky said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59997310

Good man. And good on Darren Stevens for defending himself- critics want people who are committed to playing then complain they are a reason for the decline in standards.

Full podcast 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bjfjvk

Agnew's comments are really shown up when you have Jarvis and then Stevens on. 

On 25/01/2022 at 14:15, Stadt said:

Full podcast 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bjfjvk

Agnew's comments are really shown up when you have Jarvis and then Stevens on. 

Leicestershire, for however small we are perceived to be, have won the League (the Championship) three times. A footballing equivalent could be Leeds United. Could you imagine any football journalists calling for them to be culled from the game?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Vikai Kelley once of Warwickshire was on a photo the club put up of the academy training.

He was announced as part of the academy for the 22 season.

Given he got a game in the Blast for Warks last season I'm going to assume he's at least a decent prospect and could be a good pickup.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Where has all this money come from all of a sudden? Only a couple of years ago we didn't have a pot to piss in and there were no funds for overseas players.

I assume the Rand must be particularly weak 😄

6 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Aware it was last season, but what made them bring back having more than 1 overseas player? I'm assuming it's them binning the Kolpak rule? 

On another note remember Dinesh Mongia, what a class overseas player he was.

We had some incredible overseas players in that 2000-2005 period; Srinath, Kumble, Mongia, Kaif, Sehwag, Afridi, Hodge amongst others. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

To be fair, wasn’t he in the t20 XI which beat Notts in the final? Another underrated pair were Mark Cleary and Adam Griffith who both won t20 cups with us. 

I don't think he played that game in particular, but he might of actually been pretty good for us in general and I just have an image of him being rubbish because I compare him to some of the other overseas we had. Griffith was very good, he coaches now doesn't he pretty sure I saw him pop up throughout the BBL, McDonald was class as well but he was never underrated was he really.