Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

On 11/01/2022 at 22:34, CoventryFox said:

Rehan Ahmed will be in England’s first team squad within 18 months, if not before. 
He’ll also be starting in the Foxes first XI in 2 (possibly all 3) formats this coming season. He’s an absolute gem

8 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Looks like Rehan will be playing a big part this season. A whole season playing 4 day and the one day stuff will bring him on leaps and bounds. Serious ability 

All of which means he'll probably be off to Notts within a year. :(

• Sad 2

I hope we can get or already have Ahmed signed on a long term deal. He's going to be a serious player and whilst it feels inevitable that if he fulfills his potential then he'll be poached at some point it would be nice to see some compensation.

Looking forwards to seeing him play this coming season though. Should be easy to fit him into the white ball side where spin is so useful but can't see us playing two spinners in the Championship and Parkinson was very good last season.

Perhaps Parky has pre-empted Ahmed's rise and is spending the winter working on his batting!

• Like 1

Just wondering what people think about the current CEO? Maybe he lurks here but it’s the most optimistic I’ve been about us behind the scenes for a long time. For all the furore around Khan, I feel Jarvis is probably better equipped to open us up to the local community. 

• Like 4

Jarvis seems to be doing a very good job off the pitch as far as I'm able to see and his communication does seem very open.

I'd also say it seems that Nixon has been backed to bring in who he wants given the large squad, though personally I feel there may be an element of quantity over quality in some aspects. I am hopeful of being wrong of course on the latter point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

I'm assuming he won't be able to play in the t20 competition as we have 2 overseas players for that already. Or is it a maximum of 2 overseas players allowed in a match day squad?

Other than any contractual restraints in terms of what they've signed up for and when they're here obviously for we can play any of the 4 in any competition but only 2 at any one time in any one game.

As the two Afghans are only here for the Blast suspect we'll only see Mulder or Hendricks feature in t20s one of Gurbaz or Naveen get injured or are in woeful form.

I'm optimistic about Mulder and Hendricks, but it remains to be seen how much involvement they have in the second half of the season, depending on which SA squads they make. The first ODI is on 19th July and the final test finishes on the 12th September. Be great to finally have a left-armer in Hendricks, to add variety to the attack.

12 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

I'm optimistic about Mulder and Hendricks, but it remains to be seen how much involvement they have in the second half of the season, depending on which SA squads they make. The first ODI is on 19th July and the final test finishes on the 12th September. Be great to finally have a left-armer in Hendricks, to add variety to the attack.

Mulder is a shame as he'll be in contention for South Africa across all formats, Hendricks probably won't be in their test side (unless he does something obscene for us in the Championship and they fancy him)

On 03/02/2022 at 13:23, Harpenden Fox said:

I think it’s a big season ahead. I agree that Mr Jarvis has been refreshingly open, and I think that commercially the club is becoming more progressive. Now we need to win more cricket games, and be involved in a promotion race, or get to the knock out stages of a white ball tournament. 

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Agreed on Jarvis, he's very active on LinkedIn and Twitter. The amount of people at Huddersfield & Oldham that speak fondly is encouraging too.

Having Dan Weston involved is great too.

What's his background? I don't know anything about him. But my gut feel is good (as opposed to khan, who I didn't fancy from the get go. It was all about him. And he mortgaged the club, which I weren't keen on)

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

What's his background? I don't know anything about him. But my gut feel is good (as opposed to khan, who I didn't fancy from the get go. It was all about him. And he mortgaged the club, which I weren't keen on)

He was at Huddersfield Town before, as commercial director I think.

• Thanks 1