Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, CoventryFox said:

And where do Roman Walker, Tom Scriven and Rehan Ahmed fit in? Ahmed is the best bowler we have by a mile 

Playing in the seconds until the white ball cricket starts, I expect. Though I can't see any second XL fixtures on the club website, so I assume they haven't announced them yet.

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I see we aren’t the only county with inner problems. 

Northants just let go Rossington probably their best player in last five years. Off to Essex on loan for the rest of his contract (a year)

Financial? Or other factors at play there? 

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Financial? Or other factors at play there? 

54 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Looks like other factors judging from timing and wording of both parties statements. 

Yeah, have it on reasonable authority he got the hump because he was about to be stripped of the captaincy if he didn't sign a new contract. Some dispute over coaching methods too.

7 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Even more exposure after the World Cup, he'll be gone within 2 years unfortunately

We need him to get around the England set up while he’s still here. Then there’d be no reason for him to leave. He is actually very loyal and thankful to this club. 

25 minutes ago, Lionator said:

We need him to get around the England set up while he’s still here. Then there’d be no reason for him to leave. He is actually very loyal and thankful to this club. 

That would be our best hope but I wouldn't have much faith in the ECB doing so

4 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Anyone got any idea of our likely team for the game starting tomorrow, given that both of our overseas signings are unavailable? Something like.....

Evans

Azad

Patel

Ackerman 

Hill

Scriven

Swindells

Parky

Barnes

Wright 

Davis 

Hendricks is here so would likely play right?

14 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Even more exposure after the World Cup, he'll be gone within 2 years unfortunately

Don't agree myself, not many counties are pick up and play a white ball leggie this early into his career.

He's developing nicely and LCCC do have a good pathway programme and will get more opportunities here. He will move on when the time is right, but I don't see it so soon.

6 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Anyone got any idea of our likely team for the game starting tomorrow, given that both of our overseas signings are unavailable? Something like.....

Evans

Azad

Patel

Ackerman 

Hill

Scriven

Swindells

Parky

Barnes

Wright 

Davis 

I'd say. Could be wrong

Evans

Azad 

Rhodes

Ackerman

Hill

Swindells

Mike

Parkinson

Wright

Hendricks

Davis

Let's what I think they will go for. 

Not what I'd pick but what they will I think 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cakey said:

I'd say. Could be wrong

Evans

Azad 

Rhodes

Ackerman

Hill

Swindells

Mike

Parkinson

Wright

Hendricks

Davis

Let's what I think they will go for. 

Not what I'd pick but what they will I think 

Yes, you're probably right. Mike and Rhodes are clearly favourites of Nixon.

4 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Two things here, I don’t think there’s actually much the county (as in LCCC) can do here. These disciplinary matters go to either the league or the ECB. 

Why is the league chairman allowed to make decisions on something that his own club is involved in? A terrible look for sileby, not something you want to get a reputation for however I think many in local cricket wouldn’t be surprised by this story. 

• Like 1