Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

5 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

This story had serviced last year but is now in the main stream media. I agree not a good look on Sileby Town or LCCC, my understanding is that there is more to this story than has been written. Two sides to every story similar to the Rafiq enquiry, doesn't make it right but the report should be more balanced. 

I thought Rhodes finished the season pretty strongly at 3 with a couple fifties.

Will admit I've not really been a fan in the past but it's difficult to bat at 3 and he showed an ability to score at something above tortoise speed so I'll allow him some credit in the bank and suspect Nixon will play him. Kimber finished strongly too of course.

My side would be:

Evans

Azad

Rhodes

Ackermann

Hill

Kimber

Swindells

Parkinson

Wright

Davis

Hendricks

I think that side is a seamer light to be honest, but Barnes (please not Mike) in for Kimber or Rhodes and then it looks a batter light and I just can't see Nixon leaving Parky out even though at this stage of the season Ackers and Rhodes would probably provide enough spin if we went with four seamers.

Mulder available and in at 6 solves a lot of issues with balance. Mike is a long way off doing the same job in my opinion (consistently at any rate as he clearly is a talented lad with bat and ball just too expensive for me).

2 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

I thought Rhodes finished the season pretty strongly at 3 with a couple fifties.

Will admit I've not really been a fan in the past but it's difficult to bat at 3 and he showed an ability to score at something above tortoise speed so I'll allow him some credit in the bank and suspect Nixon will play him. Kimber finished strongly too of course.

My side would be:

Evans

Azad

Rhodes

Ackermann

Hill

Kimber

Swindells

Parkinson

Wright

Davis

Hendricks

I think that side is a seamer light to be honest, but Barnes (please not Mike) in for Kimber or Rhodes and then it looks a batter light and I just can't see Nixon leaving Parky out even though at this stage of the season Ackers and Rhodes would probably provide enough spin if we went with four seamers.

Mulder available and in at 6 solves a lot of issues with balance. Mike is a long way off doing the same job in my opinion (consistently at any rate as he clearly is a talented lad with bat and ball just too expensive for me).

Barnes averaged ~33 last season with the bat IIRC 

29 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

We are carrying a lot of bowlers.

I don't know why we have not released a few. We have 9 other bowlers bloody ridiculous we are not Surrey

Got Evans Sekande Bowley Griffiths Barnes Ahmed Walker Scriven and Mulder to come. Total madness 

Nixon said on The Cricket Show that Rhodes would play at No.3. Patel is out with a hamstring injury. 

I'm excited about Hendricks playing, he should give us a more balanced, experienced attack. In Wright, Davis, Parkinson and Hendricks, we have four bowlers who shouldn't leak too many runs.

Worcs are there for the taking.

9 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Did anyone see that segment on East Midlands Today yesterday where Ben Mike was bowling to a reporter in the nets who defended virtually all of them lol

That is an improvement if he didn't get smacked all over the ground

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

Barnes averaged ~33 last season with the bat IIRC 

That's true. I thought he looked fairly handy with the bat to be fair, couple handy fifties.

Bit of a worry for me that he could be another like Mike who can bat and bowl enough to be called an all rounder but isn't consistently good enough at one or the other to really offer what we need in the side but would love to see him push on and do exactly that.

Going by his second XI performances I'd hoped Scriven could be good enough to play as a batter who can offer some bowling too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

That's true. I thought he looked fairly handy with the bat to be fair, couple handy fifties.

Bit of a worry for me that he could be another like Mike who can bat and bowl enough to be called an all rounder but isn't consistently good enough at one or the other to really offer what we need in the side but would love to see him push on and do exactly that.

Going by his second XI performances I'd hoped Scriven could be good enough to play as a batter who can offer some bowling too.

Yeah you’re right he probably doesn’t take quite enough wickets but he’s better than Mike. Hopefully he can kick on 

• Like 1

Imagine being a groundsman on a day like today. Blazing sun shine for large parts of the day but then it suddenly throws it down for 10 minutes for no reason, got no chance.

Suppose that’s the joy of starting the season on the 7th April. At least the hundred still has prime time summer spot though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

No wonder English batsmen are crap. 

Not sure about that. Being a left hander myself. Even after watching that replay can see why he’s left it. It’s seamed back about a foot if not more.

That’s again the joys of being a batsman in early April.

17 minutes ago, chrishlcfc said:

Not sure about that. Being a left hander myself. Even after watching that replay can see why he’s left it. It’s seamed back about a foot if not more.

Yeah this is what I meant. This is a leave in anybodys book and the ball/pitch does that. Completely unplayable 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chrishlcfc said:

15 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yeah this is what I meant. This is a leave in anybodys book and the ball/pitch does that. Completely unplayable 

The quality's not good enough for me to tell on the video but has he rolled his fingers over the ball and bowled a cutter there? Looks like it's moved off the pitch.

Maybe I'm just remembering my left arm seam glory days when that's one I could bowl. :(