Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Yes conservative captaincy, they should have declared with 5 overs to bowl last night. However, take nothing away from Azad, to bat through like that on the last day was brilliant

To think it’s likely he was fasting as well. A superhuman effort. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Great effort by Azad and hendricks. One Little moan though. How does Rhodes get anywhere near the team considering our squad size? Batting number 3 at that!

Rae suggested on the Cricket Show that Nixon liked his bowling option and he got runs against Worcs at the back end of last season. But then he wasn't brought on to bowl the whole match so that made little sense either.

Patel is an interesting one for me.

Can remember few players in recent years who have looked as fluent and good to watch at the crease for us.

However he's rarely there long enough and his first class and t20 records are underwhelming, he's also nearer 24 than 23 now so not quite a young whippersnapper anymore.

Big season for him, already mentioned his age and he should be entering his prime. If we give him a run and he delivers on the clear potential then I think we will all enjoy watching so fingers crossed.

Can see no reason why he shouldn't be coming in for Rhodes who at best seems like he can offer the odd gritty 50 but no more and not often enough.

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Mulder tested positive for Covid and was subbed out of the SA vs Bangladesh test, so I doubt he'll play on Thursday.

That's not good news. I really think a genuine all rounder will improve the balance in this side so much.

Azad

Evans

Ackermann (c)

Patel

Hill

Mulder (Scriven?)

Swindells (k)

Parkinson

Barnes/Davis

Wright

Hendricks

Looks a proper side to me but Mike can't sub in for Mulder and give the same balance, I do wonder if Scriven could be a better shiut until Mulder is available as his 2nd xi batting record is very good and if he can keep his economy under 4 then he's half way there...

2 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

That's not good news. I really think a genuine all rounder will improve the balance in this side so much.

Azad

Evans

Ackermann (c)

Patel

Hill

Mulder (Scriven?)

Swindells (k)

Parkinson

Barnes/Davis

Wright

Hendricks

Looks a proper side to me but Mike can't sub in for Mulder and give the same balance, I do wonder if Scriven could be a better shiut until Mulder is available as his 2nd xi batting record is very good and if he can keep his economy under 4 then he's half way there...

Yep looks good. I'd go with Mike. I agree he is inconsistent but has started to take more wickets last few seasons. 

But we can't keep picking him with out reward. I understand that. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Yep looks good. I'd go with Mike. I agree he is inconsistent but has started to take more wickets last few seasons. 

But we can't keep picking him with out reward. I understand that. 

I do like Mike and he's clearly talented.

I'd like to see him either focus on batting (4 red ball 50s last year and some good hitting in the Blast) and go from averaging around 20 to more like 30+ whilst remaining someone who can bowl part time and especially when it's seaming about as he can bowl unplayable spells when conditions suit.

Or focus on his economy and become a first change bowler who can take the wickets he does but whom doesn't consistently go for 4+ an over or indeed almost 11 in T20s whilst remaining a useful lower order bat. That's just too expensive for me given it's every time he bowls.

I feel he could do either but not both (or at least not quickly) and can't afford to do neither. Last season he averaged 27 with the bat and 43 with the ball so I'd suggest the former. He's got the talent and Lewis Hill has shown what hard work can do.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

In other news I see Dylan Church who was in our academy last season is playing for Somerset's 2nds currently.

Anyone know if he was released/not kept on?

Not sure tbh. 

How do you find out second team scores? 

Guna be a tough game against Durham, just listened to the cricket show and sounds like a few injuries. Hill, Patel & Mulder, not available I guess the team will look like this:

Azad

Evans

Rhodes

Ackermann

Kimber

Swindells

Mike

Parkinson

Barnes/Davis

Wright 

Hendricks

Think Durham will be too strong in the batting line up with Lees and Bedingham and u get the feeling Raine is going to have a good game as well. I'd take a draw if possible 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Guna be a tough game against Durham, just listened to the cricket show and sounds like a few injuries. Hill, Patel & Mulder, not available I guess the team will look like this:

Azad

Evans

Rhodes

Ackermann

Kimber

Swindells

Mike

Parkinson

Barnes/Davis

Wright 

Hendricks

Think Durham will be too strong in the batting line up with Lees and Bedingham and u get the feeling Raine is going to have a good game as well. I'd take a draw if possible 

Hill out is a huge blow. I tend to see him as the fulcrum of our batting these days.

Agree a draw would be a good result, Lees and Bedingham are both top, top batters at this level so getting rid of them early or not could dictate the result.