Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

17 hours ago, Cakey said:

So both opening bowlers injured I take it. Ffs 

Looks like it. 

I don't think we're capable of taking ten wickets without our 2 opening bowlers... most sides probably aren't.

Chris Wright has been over-bowled for ages in my view; but I can see why... he's our best bowler by an absolute country mile.

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Looks like it. 

I don't think we're capable of taking ten wickets without our 2 opening bowlers... most sides probably aren't.

Chris Wright has been over-bowled for ages in my view; but I can see why... he's our best bowler by an absolute country mile.

We're both very lucky to have Wright and additionally probably in a very bad place when he retires. And if this injury is a bad one...

An attack of Griffiths, Sakande, Walker and Alex Evans looks average even for the seconds so which do you bring in? Oh hang on, Mike is in the wings.

Mulder should make up some of the loss but it would be so typical to finally have three proper bowlers on the books in Mulder, Wright and Hendricks and then see two of them crocked.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

We score so slowly. It’s a surprise if anybody other than Hill scores at 50 or over 

Playing for a draw today anyway I imagine. However I do agree in general we are pretty slow, but having players like Azad is massive for us, it at least allows us to turn some loses in to draws.

6 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

We're both very lucky to have Wright and additionally probably in a very bad place when he retires. And if this injury is a bad one...

An attack of Griffiths, Sakande, Walker and Alex Evans looks average even for the seconds so which do you bring in? Oh hang on, Mike is in the wings.

Mulder should make up some of the loss but it would be so typical to finally have three proper bowlers on the books in Mulder, Wright and Hendricks and then see two of them crocked.

Sekande and Mulder for me. Sakade tall and fairly quick. Didn't take many wickets this week but went for less than 2 an over.  Sekande and Davis open and Mulder Barnes and I'd also play Parkinson

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

I don't think Griffiths, Walker and Evans are professional standard for red ball cricket at the moment. Walker has been signed principallly for white ball, Griffiths is winding down his contract and Evans needs a lot of work to get back to where he was two years ago. I would go with Mulder, Barnes, Davis, Parkinson, Sakande for the next game, if Wright/Hendricks are injured. Mike could do with a 2nd XL game to develop some form.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Sekande and Mulder for me. Sakade tall and fairly quick. Didn't take many wickets this week but went for less than 2 an over.  Sekande and Davis open and Mulder Barnes and I'd also play Parkinson

Sounds like Hendricks is going to be fine according to what Nixon said to Radio Leicester. Milder should play Thurs too and Wright not as bad as they thought. Hill out “for a while” though.

Really don’t mind getting a solid draw out of Durham. Given the way the divisions have been made up the likes of them and Notts will probably end up well clear. (Though Notts’ much vaunted attack failed again).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Sounds like Hendricks is going to be fine according to what Nixon said to Radio Leicester. Milder should play Thurs too and Wright not as bad as they thought. Hill out “for a while” though.

Really don’t mind getting a solid draw out of Durham. Given the way the divisions have been made up the likes of them and Notts will probably end up well clear. (Though Notts’ much vaunted attack failed again).

Bets again Masood gets a ton against us.

Listened to the podcast and looks like Hill/ Wright will both be unavailable for the Derby match.

Mulders in and so will Patel who made 24 not out for the seconds.

Big match this as we should be beating teams like Derbyshire if we want to progress as a club. 

I can see the team shaping up like this tomorrow:

Azad, Evans, Patel, Ackerman, Kimber, Mulder, Swindells, Parkinson, Barnes, Hendricks, Davis.

I can see Parky playing now we have Mulder as the extra seamer, probably offers better balance.

58 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Listened to the podcast and looks like Hill/ Wright will both be unavailable for the Derby match.

Mulders in and so will Patel who made 24 not out for the seconds.

Big match this as we should be beating teams like Derbyshire if we want to progress as a club. 

I can see the team shaping up like this tomorrow:

Azad, Evans, Patel, Ackerman, Kimber, Mulder, Swindells, Parkinson, Barnes, Hendricks, Davis.

I can see Parky playing now we have Mulder as the extra seamer, probably offers better balance.

Where do you find the podcasts, please?

With all the dry weather, I think they have to include the spin of Parkinson this morning. What Mulder's interview also suggested is that it may take him and Hendricks a while to get used to the duke ball.

For those of you old enough to remember the 'X Files', one of the central characters was called, Fox Mulder, and I'm not suggesting any extra-terrestrial intervention here, but Mulder is now a Fox.

The truth is out there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1